• Announcements

• Official PULL Discord! (Updated)   01/14/19

Hi Everyone!  We've opened up an official discord. In order to join, you need to have posted at least 20 comments on PULL! This is to make sure we don't let in any flakes with ulterior motives. After joining, you will receive a DM with instructions on how to get verified! Also, your registration date needs to be earlier than December 2018 so that we don't get a ton of people signing up only to join the Discord but without actually contributing to PULL. Drop by and chat here: https://discord.gg/KDF2kt5 Also, we need to upgrade our server in the very near future. PULL grows bigger by the day (yay!) but  to handle the load, we need upgrades. For less than the cost of what you spend on Netflix, we can continue to host your content. Whether it's $1 or $5 a month, all gifts are appreciated. Please consider giving here: https://www.patreon.com/PULL We've also added a gofundme link: https://www.gofundme.com/PULLnet Thank you for your continued love and support!

rin / gothfruits

773 posts in this topic

Posted

i say this with 100% utmost respect... 

there is a huge difference between non-binary people who are not trans, and trans people - NB or not - who have gone through stressful periods of gender dysphoria, HRT, and top/bottom surgery.

But being comfortable with your female sex characteristics, presenting female, being uncomfortable back when she didn't present female... That's not it, chief. Pronouns aren't like a name, they aren't a choice. They are assumed based on your sex. And Rin (great cultural appropriation btw) is undeniably female and does nothing to change that.

100% agree - non-binary people are 100% valid regardless of anything, and i completely respect rin's NB identity.

but being trans, and actually trans, regardless of whether you have undergone HRT/surgery... requires a huge amount of gender dysphoria, consideration, and frustration that comes with dysphoria in the first place. 

again, this is just my opinion. feel free to give me negative points/tell me if im wrong. rin really seems like they're trivializing trans issues. there is already a term and it's genderqueer/NB. if what people on here say is true and rin indeed "learned to love their boobs", or accepted every part of their body and has no desire to change. please rethink the use of "trans", period.

Posted

I'm sure this applies to a lot of people but.

🐸🍵

Screenshot_20190219-203039_Instagram.thu

Posted

Imma go on a limb, downvote me if you want, that if you're a feminine-presenting (heavy makeup, femme haircut, femme clothes, femme voice, femme mannerisms), heterosexual, AND you don't even experience dysphoria regarding your gender, you should at the very least expect people to think you're a cis woman. 

At best, some people won't recognize you as trans since you don't have dysphoria, some people will misgender you, but the world at large will probably roll their eyes and respect you & your pronouns b/c we're respectful people. At the worst, you're a transtrender. Considering Rin is always trying to come off as something they're not, lying, and begging for money (stealing looks, blaming their fans for their lack of creativity, constantly being fake #woke, borderline yellowface...) I literally do not see why it's out of the question to claim they're transtrending. If they weren't NB and trans, they'd just be another girl who can kinda-sorta do fun looks. This is the only thing that sets them apart, and they so vehemently try to distance themselves from the other white twinks and white girls...because, I think, deep down Rin knows they are one of those. They've only deluded themselves into thinking they're something different because it's the only thing different about them. 

This, omg. I'm a trans guy myself and I'm always so scared of people getting the wrong idea about trans people ("looking for attention", being a "special snowflake", etc.)... I'm just going to be honest, it's because of people like Rin that a lot of people don't take trans people seriously. I don't have any doubt that they're NB, but... if they don't experience any dysphoria, they really shouldn't be slapping the "male" label on there as well. 

Posted

One thing that bugs me so much - about Rin (and a lot of cosplayers and MUAs, but he does it sooo much and it’s his thread) is complaining about a post “flopping.” Attention and likes don’t define you!!! Stop guilt tripping people into liking your posts! It’s not a healthy way to be. Not every post has to blow up. It’s ok!

Posted (edited)

One thing that bugs me so much - about Rin (and a lot of cosplayers and MUAs, but he does it sooo much and it’s his thread) is complaining about a post “flopping.” Attention and likes don’t define you!!! Stop guilt tripping people into liking your posts! It’s not a healthy way to be. Not every post has to blow up. It’s ok!

let's not forget when people called him out for complaining about flops he went on a rant about how social media is his lively-hood. Which is why you shouldn't put all your eggs in one basket especially if that basket is as finicky as internet fame.

someone should recommend he watch The American Meme on Netflix (and he isn't nearly as popular as any of the people featured in that movie).

Edited by Cat.Nat
Typo

Posted

I know they complain about flopping posts but don’t realize that it translates to their followers and their hard core fans that their love isn’t good enough. “Yeah you liked it but it doesn’t do me any good” these people need to calm down 

Posted

I fucking hate that lmao every time i see someone post to their story saying "New post!" with a screenshot and an emoji covering the new post I make a point to not like it lol might be petty but like get a life 

Posted

Hold on, those comparisons also look like...

also the posts with their dates 👀

D4A49D2E-52FF-4CB0-91A5-FC0B86F36442.jpeg

E1120D0D-0BC1-4BE2-9BA2-AD38023042E2.jpeg

2F8CA330-70B8-4D5F-826F-369002351979.jpeg

1E13AC0D-F1DF-47E8-BFD4-D5C50C3BFF0E.jpeg

I think this is really good example on how the slightest change of hue and tone of a color combined with those around them (skin tone, hair, background) makes such a huge impact on the finalized product. When gass.y takes her photos you can tell that it's thought out and she's careful not to let anything distract from or clash with her look. She uses a nice simple grey background and her colors go well with her skin tone. Ron, on the other hand, looks a bit tacky in his photo (and not in a good way) because he simply is not working with the colors well. 

When you post stuff online you are not only delivering a look but especially on Instagram, a photo. Everything matters when it's your art and especially for Ron, because he's an influencer. He gets paid to do this and is funded to do so. Every post of a look is a gift and a product. He complains constantly but refuses to take a step back and look at himself. If any of you have ever taken an art class you'll probably recognize Ron as that one kid who couldn't take criticism and it was like "why are you even here?". It's like they want all the benefits and the good stuff but can't pay the price.