• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

rin / gothfruits

2299 posts in this topic

Posted

What the f does that person mean by "incorporate" kpop into their life? lmfao it's a hobby/interest not a lifestyle habit like exercise. And I say that as a former stan.

Posted

This girl made a very detailed, well thought out and researched response to Gothfruits. Pretty much almost entirely sums up how I feel about them.

Posted (edited)

Okay, not trying to start anything or be rude here but...is there anyone else who feels like they don't want to call Rin by the male pronoun because...well, need I really explain? I mean, based on everything I gather Rin seeks attention. If ya know what I mean. Once again, not trying to be offensive. Maybe this comment is super vague lol.

I only use 'he' because its easier than saying 'they' every sentence, no offense to any NB people, my grammar sucks lol. At the same time I don't wanna use 'she' because it is unnecessarily disrespectful to Rin or any other NB people. Don't get me wrong, Rin as a person and his gender ID is basically full of shit, considering his manipulative, self-contradicting & attention-seeking tendencies combined with what i do understand about gender, but if someone wants to be called something specific the least i can do is abide.... 

How is rin gonna keep an apartment and car thing going on with no proper job, or decent pay. Lmao it’s like it gets dumber by everyday to move to LA. Poor ish, but tbh he’ll realize he has to be the biggest economy in their LA-dream and bolt eventually. I called it

rin is truly acting like the spoiled kids u guys talked about. It’s making me nauseous

Poor poor Ish, he seems like a really awesome dude. It honestly sucks to say because they actually seem to go well together, but their relationship falling apart is possibly the biggest downside to their move. It's not uncommon at all for people be in a content relationship for a few years, then have it go in shambles when they move in together because they simply cannot handle the stress that bills & adult responsibilities can put on a relationship; when one or both is feeling stressed, it puts stress on the relationship as well. 

Another red flag; dropping everything to make your partner happy.

Ish i believe is going to school and working? Is he going to drop out or transfer i wonder, or finish school? From what it seems like Ish is dropping everything so that rin can have HIS dreams asap. Even if hes willing to go and is able to transfer, he has even less of a reason to move than Rin does. LA is nice but like we've established, its expensive as hell, and I've heard school tends to cost more there too. Ish has his nose on the grindstone though, i do have faith in him but I hope his hard work isn't for nothing (thrown away on Rin).

Edited by angelito

Posted

Kind of OT but it really pisses me off that Rinworm doesn’t even try to wear more masculine clothes...no offense really, I’m just sick of the weak defense  of “clothes don’t have a gender, leave me be yah transmed!!11” when most of the time they just think masculine clothing is boring. I bet Mr. Kindergarten-Art-Project doesn’t think masculine clothing would fit the aesthetic; ugh, I’m probably just rambling but, psa you just have to search this stuff out and in the end you can always diy there’s no shame. But this took me literally seconds to find:  3A43E6B8-0C23-4455-A307-E907F98B8905.thu

Posted (edited)

SmartSelect_20190215-122421_Twitter.thum
so apparently Rin is gettinggetting an apartment in Koreatown *cough* weeb *cough cough* now I don't know much about rent in LA but according to renthop it's around $1800 for a studio apartment. 

ah yes koreatown, the town of only kpop and nothing else Korean because the only essential and important aspect of Korean culture is kpop. 

SmartSelect_20190217-002239_Twitter.thum

👀

ALSO if Rob had done a little research then perhaps, he could have figured out that maybe that’s not true 🤔3501710F-8207-4EB0-BD88-E45D1CC700EC.thu8A8F1487-510B-437D-9CE6-23A576089F36.thualso Ron, you chose the name “Rin” whereas many(not all) “every non-Latinx”s parents were the ones that chose the name Maria. It’s a totally different situation.

Edited by Psychomi
Added new reply

Posted

SmartSelect_20190217-002239_Twitter.thum

👀

I’m confused about this tweet. Do they think Maria is a Spanish name? Cause I’ve got news...

0CDF65D0-A7F1-4891-8912-9F7DB4701689.jpeg

Posted

it’s not like maria is literally one (if not the most) popular girls name in the world 

Posted

Yeah it's definitely the same being given a wildly popular name that spans over cultures, and purposefully choosing a traditionally Japanese name, Ron. Totally makes sense. So glad I've been enlightened. 

Posted

Rin literally tried calling out a Japanese person for expressing concern over the fact that he fetishizes asian pop culture and chose his name from a fricken anime character im-

this is gonna sound evil but i hope the more he mingles w other big influencers the bigger the chance of him getting exposed is. They already associate w problematic people (ie Thomas halbert) and have taken it upon themselves to try and drag bigger and established people that have been in the game for long (ie Jeffree star). It's just a matter of time before they get hit w a reality check.

Posted

Has anyone noticed that Ron says that he doesn’t check YouTube comments anymore but he’s been posting some and calling them out on Twitter at least once a week lol

Posted (edited)

"Rin isn't even an exclusively Japanese name"....BITCH WHERE????

_20190217_090654.thumb.JPG.3c8bb6ccc3cfd

Stop making excuses for this person, why is it OK for them to appropriate a very clearly Japanese name and complain about the name Maria when it's used all over the fucking word??? Like I'm white, and I have a white name, I'm not gonna fucking change that to like idk, Megumi or Kaoru, that's fucking dumb. Like this is so fucking stupid, Ron can call plenty of people out but once someone calls them out they throw a temper tantrum and get their followers to attack who ever called them out.....this is just as bad as Kenna when she made her fans bully people for having a similar aesthetic.

Edited by ritsusu

Posted (edited)

I figured Maria was very much a European name as well... otherwise why else would it be so popular, unlike other very Latin/Spanish names. 

Riniffer’s other reply annoyed me. Obviously it’s sarcastic but it’s a really dumbass comparison because most people wouldn’t refer to him with a Japanese greeting & honorific, so why would excluding that make a difference?? I personally don’t believe he’s culturally appropriating, if anything it’s borderline, but it’s still weebish and hypocritical. Of course Rin thinks he can do no wrong 

20D6AE71-8C12-40D2-B6E9-EB56487E87FA.jpeg

Edited by angelito

Posted

Damn, this person... I literally started reading PULL because of them lol

What makes me sad tho is how much their looks are deteriorating. Is it only me or they are totally running out if inspiration? That's the worst timing now that they are trying to "make it". That painting ispired look was pretty cool, the upside down yellow forehead thing was sort of okay and at least somewhar original, but that latest blue-yellow face was horrible.

You know what bothers me the most? They are awful both as a person and as an artist in general but whenever you criticize either, they will blame it on the other. Like if their awful looks are " flopping" it's because "gay artists are struggling!!!" - you are guilt tripped into praising them because they are ~marginalized~. But when they do something questionable, like associate with problematic people, then they would whine that why does it matter, we should appreciate them as an artist only, and they need connections to "make it"?? Like honey both you as an artist and as a person are awful. Literally all their success come from making high res pics of their conventionally attractive face and having this controversial gender identity that they can use as an oppression point.