• Announcements

• Official PULL Discord! (Updated)   01/14/19

Hi Everyone!  We've opened up an official discord. In order to join, you need to have posted at least 20 comments on PULL! This is to make sure we don't let in any flakes with ulterior motives. After joining, you will receive a DM with instructions on how to get verified! Also, your registration date needs to be earlier than December 2018 so that we don't get a ton of people signing up only to join the Discord but without actually contributing to PULL. Drop by and chat here: https://discord.gg/KDF2kt5 Also, we need to upgrade our server in the very near future. PULL grows bigger by the day (yay!) but  to handle the load, we need upgrades. For less than the cost of what you spend on Netflix, we can continue to host your content. Whether it's $1 or $5 a month, all gifts are appreciated. Please consider giving here: https://www.patreon.com/PULL We've also added a gofundme link: https://www.gofundme.com/PULLnet Thank you for your continued love and support!

rin / gothfruits

773 posts in this topic

Posted

They cling onto their mexican heritage SO hard and I don't have an issue with being proud of their ethnicity but I find it annoying how he just uses it to speak for poc when he himself is pale and whitepassing af 

Not saying he doesn't have the right or that it's wrong for him to speak out about it! I just gotta laugh when he is like "SO THESE WHITES.." but if I didn't know who he was and walked past him I'd think he was white. I think that constantly making fun of whites is his way of feeling validated for being Mexican since he knows he's really white passing. But that isn't the way to go about it imo.

I say this as a mixed poc who sees this type of thing a lot with first generation americans

Posted

Mexican isn't even a race anyways. Rinn easily looks like they are mostly of European heritage. Most mexicans are either mestizo or fully of European or Native descent.

I never liked the POC term. It's so broad to the point of being meaningless. A lot of situations aren't as simple as white people vs POC. And certain groups underbthe POC banner are  white in actuality anyways

Posted

Screenshot_20190210-074914_Twitter.thumb

they're right tho...

from the sounds of it Rins previous job made them miserable so leaving seemed like a good idea, but picking up a different job wouldn't hurt? As mentioned before to cut your main source of income like that isn't right.

and ofc rin went on a binge of rting "omg king no ily :(" tweets

slighrly OT: are they really earning as much doing influencing or are they inflating their ego? I saw a different beauty influencer get 200$ for one of their posts, but is that as frequent or as much as pharm tech salary??

Screenshot_20190210-094616_Twitter.jpg

Posted

Mexican isn't even a race anyways. Rinn easily looks like they are mostly of European heritage. Most mexicans are either mestizo or fully of European or Native descent.

I never liked the POC term. It's so broad to the point of being meaningless. A lot of situations aren't as simple as white people vs POC. And certain groups underbthe POC banner are  white in actuality anyways

I'm curious about this, most people from Mexico, most of their ancestors are from Spain right?(feel free to correct me cause I don't know a lot about Mexico.) It's different here in Europe cause we don't really categorise people by race since like....the majority of us are technically white, (like obviously there are black and asian Europeans but you know what I mean) we go by what county you're from like "oh they're German/French/Polish." So Spanish people aren't considered POC here.....they're just tanned to us cause they live in fucking Spain 😂

Posted

Yeah Spaniards are considered Caucasian because they’re European whereas Mexicans can be considered Latino since they’re mixed with some sort of Spanish descent over the years. Anyways, I also feel like Rin can get away with their name being Rin cause their eye shape and fold so sometimes people think they’re asian, but yeah I felt like Rin started off so strong when they still had their green and blue hair, their makeup actually looked good then but now I feel like they peaked and now just have gone downhill, I mean I guess go off Rin for being proud of being Mexican but it really does seem they use it to excuse their behavior

i said it once and I’ll say it again, they’re literally like Lele Pons when they use their ethnicity/race and in this case their zodiac sign to excuse their behavior 

Posted

I'm curious about this, most people from Mexico, most of their ancestors are from Spain right?(feel free to correct me cause I don't know a lot about Mexico.) It's different here in Europe cause we don't really categorise people by race since like....the majority of us are technically white, (like obviously there are black and asian Europeans but you know what I mean) we go by what county you're from like "oh they're German/French/Polish." So Spanish people aren't considered POC here.....they're just tanned to us cause they live in fucking Spain 😂

Yeah most of the the european ancestry in Mexico and other Latin countries would come from Spain but alot of them are mixed with indigenous and african people too. White Latinos tend to lumped in the POC cata despite Hispanic not being a race.

It is kind of curious that Rinn wants to bash seperates themselves from white people so much knowing full well that that's what one or both of their parent/grandparents are

Posted

pls merge

sorry 2 double post but I really forgot a whole screenshot

Screenshot_20190210-094616_Twitter.jpg

How unprofessional lmao can you imagine a company wanting to do a brand deal with them and then looking on their twitter to see them going off in several tweets over ONE comment

Posted

Spaniards are white and they're Hispanic bc they're of Spanish decent, but they're not Latino because they're not from Latin America. 

Latino is the race thing, because people assume you're mixed race if you're from Latin America (even if you're not, which is weird).

Posted

Wait,,, no wonder their blush is patchy??? He wets the brush and pats it on, not even tiny concentrated taps making his was along he just does it randomly,,, he doesn’t blend his blush which is why there’s always such harsh lines like he’s contoured or something.

and don’t get me wrong I love a good sunburn blush, and on the nose too, but there’s a right way and a wrong way to go about it. 

The attempted cuteness of the blush and the freckles look totally out of place with the edgy eyeliner and bleached brows, even his natural daily makeup is inconsistent.   

What Rin needs to do is properly learn how to blend, so basic basic makeup skills, what genres go well together and how to blend them together into cohesive looks, and colour wheels. Because some of the colours he uses together are.... yikes. 

How can he call himself a beauty influencer if he barely even knows the basics?

952EEF78-FBB1-427F-9ED0-AAFD06E4D9A8.png

B4397C67-634E-49A7-86C0-B4DD9E021B0C.png

Posted

Rin gets really mad when people talk about his personality or where he stands with career but its very easy to judge these things based on how much about himself he puts out there.... Gee I suppose talking about being broke and struggling, and going as far as asking for money means your career is thriving. Unless he only says those things to make people feel sorry for him or to sound relatable, after all it does seem like that sometimes, its not unheard of for an influencer. 

Nothing wrong with being a creator or influencer for a living, even one who doesn't make much money but when one can't take constructive criticism, posts only a few times a month, and expects to somehow be rich and famous... this person is not going to get taken seriously. Not to mention Rin hasn't gone passed 152k followers in a month. I noticed he had gone up to 153k but then it went back down, and it hasn't budged for a couple weeks. You can basically say the same about his subscriber growth as well. Tsk tsk 

Posted

Wait,,, no wonder their blush is patchy??? He wets the brush and pats it on, not even tiny concentrated taps making his was along he just does it randomly,,, he doesn’t blend his blush which is why there’s 

okay, I normally don’t think Rins’ looks are THAT bad, but Jesus Christ the lipstick doesn’t match any part of his outfit, the blush is like UNDER their nose (makes it looked very hooked to me), & the hair and shirt just make it worse. Not one of these colors play good together, you’ve got cool BRIGHT pink, warm bright yellow, warm orange, & cool neutral pink? Like wtf are you doing?? With that drag eyeliner too wow I am blown away lmao 

Posted

Wait,,, no wonder their blush is patchy??? He wets the brush and pats it on, not even tiny concentrated taps making his was along he just does it randomly,,, he doesn’t blend his blush which is why there’s always such harsh lines like he’s contoured or something.

and don’t get me wrong I love a good sunburn blush, and on the nose too, but there’s a right way and a wrong way to go about it. 

The attempted cuteness of the blush and the freckles look totally out of place with the edgy eyeliner and bleached brows, even his natural daily makeup is inconsistent.   

What Rin needs to do is properly learn how to blend, so basic basic makeup skills, what genres go well together and how to blend them together into cohesive looks, and colour wheels. Because some of the colours he uses together are.... yikes. 

How can he call himself a beauty influencer if he barely even knows the basics?

952EEF78-FBB1-427F-9ED0-AAFD06E4D9A8.png

JFC Rin, are you getting makeup advice from Kenna?!?! THE RED NOSE IS HORRID. 

Stop trying to be Olyvia, she'll forever be out of your league. 

Posted

Again, are you really earning that much if you want to get other people to help you with the basics for your apartment? lol

5F0E6870-E364-4C00-8046-C90968EF883C.jpeg

Posted (edited)

JFC Rin, are you getting makeup advice from Kenna?!?! THE RED NOSE IS HORRID. 

Stop trying to be Olyvia, she'll forever be out of your league. 

I mean, at least Kenna puts it on the top of her nose so it makes it look shorter, and not under, so it looks longer and hooked. I mean, if you want your nose to look longer and hooked, good on ya, but Rin is 100% aiming to look conventionally attractive, so that's just a mistake on their part.

Edited by darlin

Posted

I mean, at least Kenna puts it on the top of her nose so it makes it look shorter, and not under, so it looks longer and hooked. I mean, if you want your nose to look longer and hooked, good on ya, but Rin is 100% aiming to look conventionally attractive, so that's just a mistake on their part.

Just when I thought it was impossible to make the Rudolph look WORSE