• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

rin / gothfruits

2195 posts in this topic

Posted

:alpacabored: Kind of OT but is anyone else getting a little tired of Rin throwing that star stamp on their inner corners for every other look? Out of their last 25 posts that stamp has been in 10 of them. Idk maybe it’s just a personal pet peeve.

Posted

So you can't just.... hold your own mirror. Or literally set it down on that table in front of you. I feel bad for that person, they must have been there forever. 

20190126_210412.jpg

Posted

Honestly just scroll through the Sugarpill Instagram and you can see looks with colors and way better application technique than Ron. He is nothing special and deserves post flops for the crappy attitude. 

Posted

It's supposed to be a professional-looking advertisement video. It would look awkward in the video for one arm to constantly be cut off and they need both hands sometimes, e.g. to open makeup containers and such. The mirror can't be on the table either because then it'd ruin the angle of the shot. It has to be a) at the same height as Rin's face and b) at far enough distance to not be in the frame. Assistants for menial tasks like this are part of every shoot.

Oh! Well thats cool then! I guess I really push the fact that Rin gets put in professional videos to the back of my head lmao. Thank you for the enlightenment! 

Posted

a little bit OT but it kind of bugs me how people just jump to conclusions and assume that because a person may say ignorant things about having a mental disorder, that means they must be lying. having a mental illness doesn't magically make you a perfect representative of that condition who always says the right thing and completely did their homework to mentally understand their own problems. there are people with diabetes who eat like shit because they don't understand their condition. there are people who have heart attacks that have their families sneak them fried foods into the hospital ward because they don't understand their condition. and they might not care enough to learn properly. that's just the way it is sometimes. and yeah a lot of people exploit mental illnesses online and it is obvious they're faking but, idk, it just feels really presumptuous and gross to me the fact that it seems like inevitably whenever there's a person online people don't like who's mentioned a mental illness, there's always a group of people who just assume they're making shit up for attention. not saying anyone here did that, but that instagram screenshot made me think of it. anyway, i'm not defending rin per se but i personally believe they have depression/anxiety/whatever because let's face it, more and more people these days have those issues, it's really not very hard to believe iMO

Posted

a little bit OT but it kind of bugs me how people just jump to conclusions and assume that because a person may say ignorant things about having a mental disorder, that means they must be lying. having a mental illness doesn't magically make you a perfect representative of that condition who always says the right thing and completely did their homework to mentally understand their own problems. there are people with diabetes who eat like shit because they don't understand their condition. there are people who have heart attacks that have their families sneak them fried foods into the hospital ward because they don't understand their condition. and they might not care enough to learn properly. that's just the way it is sometimes. and yeah a lot of people exploit mental illnesses online and it is obvious they're faking but, idk, it just feels really presumptuous and gross to me the fact that it seems like inevitably whenever there's a person online people don't like who's mentioned a mental illness, there's always a group of people who just assume they're making shit up for attention. not saying anyone here did that, but that instagram screenshot made me think of it. anyway, i'm not defending rin per se but i personally believe they have depression/anxiety/whatever because let's face it, more and more people these days have those issues, it's really not very hard to believe iMO

no one said Rin doesn’t have depression or anxiety, and he’s been pretty vocal about it?? And is on meds??? It’s the body dysmorphia is where it’s up in the air with them cause of how they claim to have it but still okay with their female organs when Rin said they’re an nb boy or smth like that 

Posted (edited)

So apparently Rin softblocked James (also what does that mean did he unfollow him or something?) and is saying it’s because Rin doesn’t like Jeffree and that James is friends with him...mostly just wanted to see y’all opinions on this cause I thought it was weird as hell. 

47C65647-C37C-42B7-AE37-0CF3CF6A5598.png

7DC4EEB7-7360-46EB-BE9C-C2FD1A67ACCE.png

Edited by Simplywhatever

Posted

Rin wishes teaspill would cover them ... I hope not they don’t need any oppression points. They def did this for clout JC probably gets TONS of messages daily and from people with talent unlike Ron. They are trying to create drama yet they hate drama. *eyeroll*

don’t think anyone said they didn’t have a sort of anxiety/depressive disorder? They are on meds and are very vocal about it, most people are confused about their claiming they have dysphoria but saying they embrace their female body parts and presenting masculine made their dysphoria even worse. 

Posted

So apparently Rin softblocked James (also what does that mean did he unfollow him or something?) and is saying it’s because Rin doesn’t like Jeffree and that James is friends with him...mostly just wanted to see y’all opinions on this cause I thought it was weird as hell. 

Softblocking is when you block someone to force their account to unfollow yours, then unblock them immediately afterwards. A compromise for when you don't want to straight up block someone from your account but you don't want them to be following you any more.

Posted

I think soft blocking means that you muted someone on Twitter/hid their stories on instagram, so that they don't show up for you anymore. This way you still follow the person but you just don't see their stuff anymore. I used to do this with people on Twitter when they switched fandoms and I didn't wanna see their new fandom stuff but still liked them as a person. 
And as for James ghosting Gothfruits...ehhh lmao what did you think would happen, if you hang out and pretend to be besties with Thomas who tried spreading lies over James' friend Jeffree? It doesn't matter, if what Thomas tried spilling was the truth or made up lies but I also wouldn't wanna hang out with people like that, if they tried to hurt my friend like that. And you can tell that James and Jeffree grew closer over the past year. Besides that, everyone remember Gothfruits saying "I'm sick of white twink boys dominating the makeup industry" did you not mean James back then, Gothfruits? That is some two faced shit honestly...and personally to me they seem like a person that lacks any real character. You guys are obviously allowed to disagree with me but I don't think Felix (Pewdiepie) is a bad person. So to label him as a straight up racist when he apologised for the stuff he did and tried to reflect and grow out of it kinda rubs me the wrong way and makes me feel like Gothfruits only dislikes people like Pewdiepie and Jeffree to be relatable. Fix yourself before you talk big about other people. Because honestly? I find Gothfruits more problematic than both of them lol 

Posted

OK this is kinda OT but I feel like our boi Ron is trying to be a similar kind of MUA to Olivya Nora(gass.y) with the whole colourful looks and heavy blush but like doesn't have the skills to pull it off.

_20190127_100110.thumb.JPG.c431cfe29c253IMG_20190127_100322.thumb.jpg.f44ac0cb91

Posted

47C65647-C37C-42B7-AE37-0CF3CF6A5598.png

7DC4EEB7-7360-46EB-BE9C-C2FD1A67ACCE.png

Rin says that last part "Also lol he def ghosted me when he said yes to me modelling for his sisters apparel look book so thats nice" makes me suspicious of his true intention. I think Rin was waiting for an opportunity to block James Charles because of the little things. And before Rin got popular on instagram, I am sure he was taking part in making fun of James Charles. He always complain about "white twinks" in the makeup community all the time. Rin acts like they do not want to start drama by saying that it is impossible to cancel people with ties with Jeffree. But Rin starts drama all the time and picks on smaller creators on purpose. He made fun of that one instagrammer's editing style and did not even blur out her name.

Posted

I believe it's their anxiety/depression but also their dysphoria or lack thereof because many people feel as if rin is a transtrender because they claim they arent dysphoric about their fem appearance they just have dysphoria about long hair and the ir uterus (mainly how they don't want a child)

No offense, but apparently I'm NB too at that rate (I am a cis woman). I cut off all my hair because it made me feel ugly and uncomfortable (I feel a lot more natural with a pixie cut), and I have a strong disgust reaction to the idea of childbirth or becoming pregnant. It horrifies me. I've considered just selling my eggs and not having to deal with it since I have no interest in kids. Hair and childbirth womandhood does not make lol. I obviously can't make that distinction for someone else, and IDK what Rin feels, but that does just seem an awful lot like looking for something to make you stand out with your mediocre makeup skills. 

Anyways, what a drama queen. Who announces they soft-blocked someone? That's so immature. 

@ritsusu Gass.y does it so much better !