• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

rin / gothfruits

2191 posts in this topic

Posted

I find it mildly annoying that he always does those story posts where he makes a statement about his newest post flopping. I understand that the ig algorithm fucks up a lot of people but I see it as slightly guilt tripping your fanbase to interact with your posts? 

I've complained about underclassmen being annoying and he borders along that with them but my family says it's because I'm just getting old. His usage of alternative pronunciations and the terminology of drag terms all the times is just super annoying now :/ but that's just how I feel and me being old i guess.

Posted (edited)

idk if im the only one annoyed with this......

3231C220-94C0-4665-AF34-A508337B749B.png

Edited by jollybun
added photo

Posted

^ It is annoying. They should be more thankful of the exposure they get imo. Constantly begging your followers to like your post that hasn't had the chance to "flop" yet is just lame. They seek validation too much 

Posted (edited)

-

Edited by yfiwylfi

Posted

Once again, if they are trying to become an influencer and a youtuber full-time you need to be more professional. This reeks of a 14 year-old with a Twitter addiction.

Posted

idk if im the only one annoyed with this......

3231C220-94C0-4665-AF34-A508337B749B.png

no, you're not it's ok!

hmMmM obviously he wants his post to do well which I get but it feels like asking for pity likes?

I don't think he'd actually do this, but it almost feels like ur being guilt tripped for not giving likes?

Posted

no, you're not it's ok!

hmMmM obviously he wants his post to do well which I get but it feels like asking for pity likes?

I don't think he'd actually do this, but it almost feels like ur being guilt tripped for not giving likes?

so far its been pretty consistent?? idk if he’s actually purposefully doing it so but he makes this story everytime he posts something, regardless if it has positive interaction or not. 

I wanna say its bc its he’s disappointed in the numbers of likes as his follower count goes up but the likes never change. Complaining about it every time though will annoy your followers but his fanbase is near rabid and very much attach to his preachy nature and almost believes he can do now wrong :/.

Posted (edited)

i’m kinda frustrated with rin. i was a huge huge fan of his but ever since he quit his job to be a full time influencer i haven’t liked his attitude or the vibes he gives off. he’s getting pr packages almost everyday from huge brands (like most influencers) however it feels a little undeserved? he’s not the most talented mua out there. he’s creative certainly but his techniques are unprofessional. he has a lot to learn. he also hasn’t been uploading as much which is kinda odd. he quit his full time job to do makeup everyday and rarely posts as much as he did. 

Edited by neptunia

Posted

i’m kinda frustrated with rin. i was a huge huge fan of his but ever since he quit his job to be a full time influencer i haven’t liked his attitude or the vibes he gives off. he’s getting pr packages almost everyday from huge brands (like most influencers) however it feels a little undeserved? he’s not the most talented mua out there. he’s creative certainly but his techniques are unprofessional. he has a lot to learn. he also hasn’t been uploading as much which is kinda odd. he quit his full time job to do makeup everyday and rarely posts as much as he did. 

I somewhat agree. I followed Rin a while ago because I like his style and it was nice to see a non-binary MUA/influencer, but I agree that his "schtick" has kind of overpowered the things about his content that I like. I still like his pictures/looks but I ignore his stories now. I hope he'll find a balance and not to be too cliché but I hope he figures out a way to be himself instead of doing the same cookie-cutter influencer shit.

Posted

mT89hEX.png

DSpD7DP.png

aiWjF6J.png

LKAzizX.png

^ O I am laffin...

n2HrIN9.png

Yikesss Never seen these tweets before but they reek of insecurity! It like they are just telling Themself a mantra at this point, to convince themself... and I agree with the gendering issue as well. 

Honestly I feel like the beauty influencer era might be reaching its peak, I’ve seen a lot of discussion about the makeup industry itself about to cap because it’s been pushing out so many things at a ridiculous pace and not every brand is going to survive years down the line. Rin doesn’t really stand out too much honestly. Sure the makeup is kind of different from others, but personality is a big deal too and it’s going to make them flop. 

Rin got sponsors pretty quick, there’s already ads for smaller clothing brands with them, but idk if they will be able to sustain it.

Posted

Yikesss Never seen these tweets before but they reek of insecurity! It like they are just telling Themself a mantra at this point, to convince themself... and I agree with the gendering issue as well. 

Honestly I feel like the beauty influencer era might be reaching its peak, I’ve seen a lot of discussion about the makeup industry itself about to cap because it’s been pushing out so many things at a ridiculous pace and not every brand is going to survive years down the line. Rin doesn’t really stand out too much honestly. Sure the makeup is kind of different from others, but personality is a big deal too and it’s going to make them flop. 

Rin got sponsors pretty quick, there’s already ads for smaller clothing brands with them, but idk if they will be able to sustain it.

Yeah, these posts are bad. This is so embarassing to look at. This is like reading the thoughts of someone who is having a manic episode.
(To clarify, I have bipolar depression and act/think just like this sometimes when Im manic so Im pretty damn familiar with what it's like.)

I know twitter is twitter, but posting your every thought online isn't good if youre trying to be THAT beauty influencer.

Imagine just being some normal unsuspecting ass person and following Rin cause you thought his makeup was cute, but shit like the posts above are all you get in your feed. I would unfollow, getting my feed bombarded with posts like that is uncomfortable.

I can't believe people like those posts of his. Fans of influencers are so brainwashed 
:alpacafedup: It seems they favor the "sassy" narcissistic type these days and cant see the wrong in any of their favs

Posted

It's surprisingly difficult to put into words, but the way he treats his femininity to be one of the most notable aspects of his ride within the community... It rubs me the wrong way. Like I'm a feminine presenting NB person too and I feel like him doing what he does is more so of a "fuck you!" towards that nb/trans community's values and how it treats masculinity/adrogyny/femininity more so than a fuck you to the beauty community in general, though he does well represent a segment of people who use makeup/the beauty community who are effeminate NB. If that makes sense? If more comes to mind I'll edit/comment, and I'd greatly appreciate it if anyone else here who is NB or binary trans shared their opinion on this haha :alpacaworry2: