• Announcements

• Be a moderator! & Reports Announcement   03/07/19

We're aware that PULL needs more moderation and attention, so we're actively looking to expand our mod crew! If you're a regular user and intend to stay this way, then rest assured that we're working on improving PULL for you. In order to do this, we rely on user reports, so I'd like to take this opportunity to ask everyone to report posts you think break a rule, disrupt discussion or shouldn't be allowed.  There is absolutely no concern over getting too many reports - we get a handful of reports per week. More reports would be great because it helps us figure out how our users want the forum to be - leaving criticism in threads doesn't make it easy for mods to find your opinions. Furthermore, don't worry about being a "snitch" or too harsh - a report doesn't mean action will be taken, that's up to the mods. A report really only tells us to look at the comment and to gauge the community atmosphere. Often times, peer pressure or established community atmosphere will dictate the direction a thread takes, and criticizing certain posts can be uncomfortable or downright futile when the majority disagrees with your view. This leads to groupthink and degradation of thread quality because the loudest/most active users get their way. So reporting is a way to quickly and anonymously (to other users) give feedback to the moderators. If we don't get this feedback, we think everyone's happy and there's no need for change. So use this feature as much as you'd like to help shape PULL into a more constructive community again. If you'd like to be a moderator: Click here for the application form.  

rin / gothfruits

1445 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

honestly this look would have been so much better if they found a fluffy pink coat that matched their hair and some blue heels and trousers (I just really love the whole primary colour look) or like ditch the coat for a primary blue/yellow suit(like y'all imagine that mangenta colour with a sunshine yellow, fucking beautiful). I've always hated rins fashion sense, they dress like a fucking grandad and that may work for some people but it definitely doesn't work for them.

OT Buttt ohhh that fuschia with yellow would look amazing!!!

btw for someone who "hates" jeffree star you sure as hell love tweeting about him

0979a1fccb5bf159fcb33fb7e74a985f.png

Edited by JustSipping
a word or two

Posted

OT Buttt ohhh that fuschia with yellow would look amazing!!!
btw for someone who "hates" jeffree star you sure as hell love tweeting about him

0979a1fccb5bf159fcb33fb7e74a985f.png

i feel like rin’s just parading is so called hatred for jeffree for “woke” points. he’s definitely an  opportunist with very shallow views.

Posted

Rin just needs to get out of the lame ass 2014-era tumblr micro label identity politics, he should be able to explain his feelings on his gender/sexual identity better than just screaming "IM GAY" over and over again when people are confused. I totally get that it can be exhausting to be questioned about your identity all the time, but when you brand yourself with your identity front and center, you should really be better at handling these kind of situations.

Also if he wants to "make it" in this industry, he should really try to keep up with the current makeup and hair trends better. 

Posted

I-

2A781141-A8B5-4151-8ED0-2560C17AE80F.jpeg

Posted

I-

2A781141-A8B5-4151-8ED0-2560C17AE80F.jpeg

Homoflexible is a bad term but pot callin' the kettle black there Rin-Ron. Talk shit about gatekeeping but then gatekeep yourself. 

Posted

i-is it really that hard to apologise?

their followers are saying "don't give these people attention" and even that would be better but Rin's attention hungry and has to serve that fresh hot tea!!!!

I understand the joke(and use it myself) but like this person said (screenshot below) men being gay means attraction to men. if rin is Pansexual but jokingly called themself gay about finding a man attractive that'd make more sense!

while he didn't use the word lesbian, it kinda sounds like rin is saying "I love girls, I'm such a lesbian even though I'm a man dating a man" 

being fluid with sexuality/gender is ok, but that's not what this is and seeing their fans say "why can't anyone call themselves x label, let them have fun" is worrying.

also slightly OT? but lol more like begging? when I saw this last night the post (the nyx event one) was around 9k likes and now is around 17k... chill. 

Screenshot_20190114-120134_Instagram.thu

Screenshot_20190114-115237_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20190114-114340_Twitter.jpg

Screenshot_20190114-114643_Twitter.jpg

I am very confused by what Rin means here. He say he is pansexual as if that clears things up but that makes no sense. If a bisexual trans-masc person says they are gay for another man, sure. But that same bisexual trans-masc person wouldn't say they are gay for women, they would just say they like women??? Things don't suddenly change for you, Ron.

for someone who hates Jeffree they sure do love imitating him. They loved him until it became popular to hate him pretty much like Ron’s friend Thomas. Also they aren’t an MUA if anything they are a makeup enthusiast because there’s no art in rins makeup at all... maybe a over glorified children’s face painter. 

His politics seem to be very loose. He changes his mind every second. I thought he did not like James Charles but didn't he make a story talking about his palette with Morphe? I am sure he has retweeted some unfriendly memes about Thomas in the past too. I don't understand why he always tweets about hating white cis-gay men in the makeup community when they seem to be so friendly and accepting of him.

On another topic, I think Rin may only get more popular from here, despite all his terrible attention-seeking mistakes. He seems to be getting more brand event exposures. Since his fans are supporting him for being part of the LGBT+ community, brands most likely see him as an easy way to get inclusivity points.

I agree that he will most likely not be able to find a house in California but he may make some silly GoFundMe or his boyfriend's paypal and use a clickbait title like HELP THIS LATINX NON-BINARY GAY OUT OF TEXAS TO ACHIEVE THEIR DREAM. Maybe he will find a house and have to beg for money to pay his rent. Actually, I have some suspicion that he says he is "house-hunting" but maybe he uses that as an excuse to let brands know he is in the area. 

Posted

I'm laughing my ass off at the "PLEASE LIKE MY POST OR ILL KEEEL MYSELFFFF" Stop fucking begging for likes of all things. I'm sure you'll end up a very popular MUA by asking your followers to like your post, keep believing that ! 

Posted

Rin's constant begging for people to engage with his works was the reason why I stopped following him. :alpacabored: 

I used to follow a lot of creators- artists, MUAs, influencers etc- who would just condtantly beg for people to engage with their shit, and as soon as they find their works not receiving the engagement they had hoped for, they post tweet after tumblr post after instagram story complaining about their followers not engaging, aggressively vagueing about their mutuals "not giving a shit" about them, and they never take a step back and question themselves, "Why did my latest creation not receive as much attention as I wanted it to? What could I do in the future to obtain the reach I was aiming for?" Etc etc. It's frustrating to watch and it probably just leaves their followers feeling guilty/more put off from engaging with their works. 

(Granted, some creations do flop even though they absolutely deserve more attention than they received- looking at you, fanfic writers who aren't popular in the fandoms they're in!- and it's understandable that creators want their works to receive attention for the sake of their motivation and standing in whatever industry their working in, but I'm particularly talking about the level of brattiness Rin and Thomas H and co. reach with their posts.)

In the end, audiences don't have to engage with creator's works if they don't want to, and throwing a tantrum about it won't do much help. :alpacadone:

Posted

I'm laughing my ass off at the "PLEASE LIKE MY POST OR ILL KEEEL MYSELFFFF" Stop fucking begging for likes of all things. I'm sure you'll end up a very popular MUA by asking your followers to like your post, keep believing that ! 

Rin's constant begging for people to engage with his works was the reason why I stopped following him. :alpacabored: 

I used to follow a lot of creators- artists, MUAs, influencers etc- who would just condtantly beg for people to engage with their shit, and as soon as they find their works not receiving the engagement they had hoped for, they post tweet after tumblr post after instagram story complaining about their followers not engaging, aggressively vagueing about their mutuals "not giving a shit" about them, and they never take a step back and question themselves, "Why did my latest creation not receive as much attention as I wanted it to? What could I do in the future to obtain the reach I was aiming for?" Etc etc. It's frustrating to watch and it probably just leaves their followers feeling guilty/more put off from engaging with their works. 

(Granted, some creations do flop even though they absolutely deserve more attention than they received- looking at you, fanfic writers who aren't popular in the fandoms they're in!- and it's understandable that creators want their works to receive attention for the sake of their motivation and standing in whatever industry their working in, but I'm particularly talking about the level of brattiness Rin and Thomas H and co. reach with their posts.)

In the end, audiences don't have to engage with creator's works if they don't want to, and throwing a tantrum about it won't do much help. :alpacadone:

Yes, I agree!! I see many influencers and youtubers complain about the "algorithm". I am sure that may be part of the reason but, actually, sometimes a photo or video is just not as good as the other content that has been made.  If it happens often, there must be a reason why there has been a drop in interaction = followers are not interested in the post. Rin seems to make similar looking posts often with strange color blush or a crude drawing on his face. (And that paint splash thing that puppup mentioned, but I think that one is quite beautiful! But not the red Kill Bill Menstruation The Shining facial.) The strange color blush is getting tiring for me... That yellow gangrene one make me sad. :alpacaworry2:

Posted (edited)

az12NYx.png

"I'm pansexual, everything is gay"

It's funny that Rin is gay when it comes to boyfriend Ish, but is also gay when it comes to women. Words don't have meanings anymore. 

because god forbid I be straight :amgplz: I wanna be gay and special! :hurrplz: maybe Ron’s personality and talent is so stale and boring that they attempt to compensate it with a “unique quirk” that is LGBT labels. They’re not toys, Ron.

Edited by Psychomi
changed Rin to Ron in order to keep up with the trend

Posted (edited)

Okay, so basically I just went to Rin's twitter and ctrl+f'd and my browser found them say/mention gay in 18 times, without scrolling or anything.

This kind of shows how much they throw around gay, and how little of a personality they have beyond "LOL iM DIE GAY GAY GAY". They must be really sad to have so little of a personality to have to use (a sexuality that's not even really theirs at that) as a main staple in literally almost every sentence they make.

Also, I know this will sound shitty but their pinned tweet kind of sounds cynical? I get saying that it's a spectrum and that they lean more towards one end of it than the other, but at the same time it seems like a way to keep people from criticizing them, IMO. Which they deserve criticism, considering how much they talk about hating cis-gay men but get the privileges and follow the appearance of a normal cis-hetero couple. I know they try to act like they're masculine and such, but they wear almost exclusively feminine clothes so of course people will think they're just a regular woman. 

It just bothers me how Rin tries to gate keep so much, but they have a lot more privilege than they'd like to admit, and make a being non-binary seem a lot more complicated than it has to be. 

I'm also put off but their whole "homoflexible" thing, and how much their shit talking about that.

ytho.thumb.png.4bb5dc960f0fc989953722e53

Edited by Shinobu

Posted

Btw I dont have the screenshots but for a while Rin was really hateful towards straight ppl, uhh, I remember they posted a rainbow doormat for their new home (prolly cant afford), followed by a “OuR HOuDSE Is No STR8’s alLOWed” or some shit. I find it funny how that has toned down and now the focus is on their gender

anyway a speculation, but assuming Rin still have female parts and is presenting female, wouldnt that make.... Ish... straight?? Dont think Ish has actually been with a man. Not to assume his sexual preference, I just dpmt buy it. Anyone have info on this?

another speculation, maybe Rin would beg for money, but could it be that momma rin is funding all this moving to LA? I mean they live with their mother, quit their job, college. Which (loving) mother wouldnt go out of her way to support financially till Rin gets that big BR8K THRU

Posted

Btw I dont have the screenshots but for a while Rin was really hateful towards straight ppl, uhh, I remember they posted a rainbow doormat for their new home (prolly cant afford), followed by a “OuR HOuDSE Is No STR8’s alLOWed” or some shit. I find it funny how that has toned down and now the focus is on their gender

anyway a speculation, but assuming Rin still have female parts and is presenting female, wouldnt that make.... Ish... straight?? Dont think Ish has actually been with a man. Not to assume his sexual preference, I just dpmt buy it. Anyone have info on this?

another speculation, maybe Rin would beg for money, but could it be that momma rin is funding all this moving to LA? I mean they live with their mother, quit their job, college. Which (loving) mother wouldnt go out of her way to support financially till Rin gets that big BR8K THRU

It's just the hip thing to hate those crazy straights lol.

And I don't have screenshots because this was a while ago (like a year) but it seems as though Rin's family has a real love-hate relationship with this decision. Back when I first followed him on insta, he complained about having to go to college for something related to medicine (I think it was nursing or something of a similar field) and how he would have preferred fashion or something similar but couldn't because he felt the need to fulfill his family's wishes which might have also pushed him to be a pharmacy tech as well. However, as soon as he began gaining traction, he would make stories about his mom bugging him about if he had filmed a new look lately and things like that. 

So at this point I'm not too sure where they stand as far as supporting this big more to LA currently, but they definitely have been on both sides of the fence when it comes to support based on what Rin has posted in the past.

Posted

Ish fascinates me bc he's the one always calling Rin his boyfriend despite Rin identifying as nonbinary so partner would probably be a better term. On his insta (emovegatables which is so similar to gothfruits it makes me gag) he did once refer to Rin in more gender neutral terms but that ship seems to have sailed. I couldn't find any mention of his sexuality or his gender identity which I bring up since he seems pretty gender-non conforming himself (and does a better job of it then Rin let's be honest).

SmartSelect_20190115-111332_Instagram.jpg

Posted (edited)

-

Edited by yfiwylfi