• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

rin / gothfruits

2294 posts in this topic

Posted

Idk why he thinks it’s okay to complain about white people but then change it to “THOSE white people”.

its like saying “god the blacks are back at it again. I’m not racist, I dont mean all blacks are bad, it’s just u know, THOSE blacks”

i get that he doesnt mean it to be of any ill-will, but it still sucks. 

Different topic:

Also I dont get how Rin is actually of latino desceant, I used to think he was Korean or something. I see many similar traits to the asians than to someone who is latino

"I see many similar traits to the Asians than to someone who is Latinx"

I mean. If you're talking about his skin tone- other ethnicities outside of Asia have a similar complexion. As for his eye shape, other ethnicities outside of Asia  have hooded eyes/monolids. Many non-Asian races have somewhat straight, dark hair (which is his natural hair colour,) same goes to his natural eye colour... such features that he naturally has aren't excusive to Asians.

Posted

I mostly like them? Their exaggerated reactions can be a bit annoying but they're funny.

I saw them calling out another influencer so commenting on Rin's messy makeup is fair game tbh lol. Marylia is always honest and nice too.

Ive seen Rin's boyfriend remind them that their makeup is unconventional/unique compared to all the "basic" neutral looks the rest of ig does.

They're a cute couple though! Anyone else think they look like they could be related?? 

Screenshot_20181105-081133_Instagram.jpg

Posted

I mostly like them? Their exaggerated reactions can be a bit annoying but they're funny.

I saw them calling out another influencer so commenting on Rin's messy makeup is fair game tbh lol. Marylia is always honest and nice too.

Ive seen Rin's boyfriend remind them that their makeup is unconventional/unique compared to all the "basic" neutral looks the rest of ig does.

They're a cute couple though! Anyone else think they look like they could be related?? 

Screenshot_20181105-081133_Instagram.jpg

Rin should have just typed the tweet out without the picture, or have at least mentioned to his followers that he doesn’t condone bullying the MUA in the picture. Rin owes Marylia Scott an apology imo. 

Posted (edited)

I’ll be real with you. I like most of his makeup looks and his fashion styles, but I’m not really a fan of his personality. Rin gets easily offended when someone calls him out and then his fans are quick to defend him (especially on Twitter). To me, they do come off as an SJW as presented on his page sometimes and the whole “THE WHITES ARE AT IT AGAIN”, even if it’s merely a joke. I do give him props for going out and achieving his dreams, as well as his unfiltered nature. That takes some dedication. Their colorful makeup is quite refreshing too. Probably the #1 reason I follow. I also incredibly appreciate that he is a POC influencer! I may not like his personality but I think he knows what he’s doing in order to captivate his audience. 

Edited by Brandless
*low quality screenshots

Posted (edited)

His makeup in the "Truth of Being a Pharmacy Technician" isn't my favorite, but I appreciate him being bold enough to do these bright looks. I do like a lot of his clothing, though!

This video is quite amusing! He does mention he has quit his previous retail job, so now relies on social media. I could see him being an influencer if he keeps up the uniqueness.

Link to vid, can't get the embed to work.

Oo drama. I feel that was totally uncalled for. Could have edited one of his own photos to prove his point, too. You don't make friends in communities by starting fights with people just doin' their own thing. :alpacaheadshake:

Edited by Sugar Apple
Youtube embed does not approve of me.

Posted

i feel like this might be a tad nitpicky, and while i understand where he’s coming from, it’s also like, he’s been tweeting and retweeting things about voting for weeks and ends up not even being registered. like voting or not voting is a personal decision, but at least practice what you preach 

0EE043CF-D464-4C6E-A2D3-4A8C8A25E118.jpeg

Posted

I really stopped caring for Rin cause I feel like a lot went to his head.

Posted

Took a more in depth look at his twitter, it's amusing the drama he's gotten himself into. He's very political on his twitter for someone who didn't register to vote. :alpacawink: (Although I wish Twitter would kill the retweet, it's a lot of wading through other people's garbage). I think all of these retweets are highly detrimental in his quest to be an influencer, though. It's all about personality, and I can hardly find any tweets by him himself at this point with all of the retweets. This is why art twitters also have personal accounts, so it's easier to see what content you can actually bring to the table (in this case, makeup looks/personal hot takes/videos) without being dragged down by yet another funney meme.

Posted

It's just so annoying how they wont even practice what they preach. Especially since they were coming off as holier-than-thou-because-im-so-woke-and-you-peasants-arent. It makes their whole social justice image seem disingenuous. As if they only care about those things to feel morally superior, not because they actually care at all.

Posted (edited)

Oof. I mean, good on him for encouraging others to vote, but I do feel like he could've sought help with registering to vote if he had any difficulties with that. I'm finding a new psychologist and am going on depression meds myself so I know how difficult it is to do anything in these kinda situations, but there's nothing wrong with seeking help for legal issues like these, just like he sought help for his mental health issues.

Edit: so I decided to check out his tweeter dot com, and oof! His boyfriend just served a cold take in regards to someone criticising him not being registered to vote.

ish.thumb.png.f4beb1221d20c315d6312b20b8

My fave, Fae, expressed her take on this take:

fae.thumb.png.775febef9064d67166a253b16a 

Edited by vanillapods
can't spell correctly too gay sorry everyone

Posted (edited)

40729E19-2B7D-4346-B00B-00E01AA86AFB.thu

Edited by SadBlythe

Posted

i feel like this might be a tad nitpicky, and while i understand where he’s coming from, it’s also like, he’s been tweeting and retweeting things about voting for weeks and ends up not even being registered. like voting or not voting is a personal decision, but at least practice what you preach 

0EE043CF-D464-4C6E-A2D3-4A8C8A25E118.jpeg

Maybe encouraging others to vote is a way for him to try and make up for how he himself was unable/had no time to vote. He does have a rather large audience, and maybe someone was encouraged to go and vote because of how much Rin was pushing it. It would have been nice if Rin went to vote but there are some things that cannot be helped, and his mental health may be taking a toll on his motivation to go out and do things?

Posted

I've followed rin for roughly a year and tbh i agree with this thread and think he's nice! some of his fans are annoying though and it seems to have gone to Rin's head.

I feel like if rin had a small following some lewks wouldn't be liked even half as much(the pharmacy tea heavy blush) but because he's popular he gets praise.

also he's praised and begged James Charles for clout before, even had followers praise him to James Charles... 

also small pet peeve, this is more to do with whole beauty community than JUST rin. but always posting how you'll be depressed and possibly upset/angry if your post doesn't reach xyz likes isn't good... his posts get a similar amount of likes(~25k) and he gets modelling opportunities and free make up so...I think he's ok?

Posted

I've followed rin for roughly a year and tbh i agree with this thread and think he's nice! some of his fans are annoying though and it seems to have gone to Rin's head.

I feel like if rin had a small following some lewks wouldn't be liked even half as much(the pharmacy tea heavy blush) but because he's popular he gets praise.

also he's praised and begged James Charles for clout before, even had followers praise him to James Charles... 

also small pet peeve, this is more to do with whole beauty community than JUST rin. but always posting how you'll be depressed and possibly upset/angry if your post doesn't reach xyz likes isn't good... his posts get a similar amount of likes(~25k) and he gets modelling opportunities and free make up so...I think he's ok?

In this sense- posting about getting Smad about not getting abc likes/rt's on content- he does remind me of Thomas Halbert, in a sense lmao. That and the rt'ing of fans praising him when he gets backlash for mistakes. But again, so many influencers do this these days... It's irritating. :alpacabored:

Like you said, he's very cool!! It's just that his fanbase could be better.