• Announcements

• Be a moderator! & Reports Announcement   03/07/19

We're aware that PULL needs more moderation and attention, so we're actively looking to expand our mod crew! If you're a regular user and intend to stay this way, then rest assured that we're working on improving PULL for you. In order to do this, we rely on user reports, so I'd like to take this opportunity to ask everyone to report posts you think break a rule, disrupt discussion or shouldn't be allowed.  There is absolutely no concern over getting too many reports - we get a handful of reports per week. More reports would be great because it helps us figure out how our users want the forum to be - leaving criticism in threads doesn't make it easy for mods to find your opinions. Furthermore, don't worry about being a "snitch" or too harsh - a report doesn't mean action will be taken, that's up to the mods. A report really only tells us to look at the comment and to gauge the community atmosphere. Often times, peer pressure or established community atmosphere will dictate the direction a thread takes, and criticizing certain posts can be uncomfortable or downright futile when the majority disagrees with your view. This leads to groupthink and degradation of thread quality because the loudest/most active users get their way. So reporting is a way to quickly and anonymously (to other users) give feedback to the moderators. If we don't get this feedback, we think everyone's happy and there's no need for change. So use this feature as much as you'd like to help shape PULL into a more constructive community again. If you'd like to be a moderator: Click here for the application form.  

rin / gothfruits

1446 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

isnt "heaux" part of AAVE? :alpacaconfused:

the entire caption is AAVE appropriation. I was about to comment to inform them because I think they would care if someone informed them nicely, but then again I don’t want to get attacked by a bunch of Tumblrites who think everything Rin does is correct.

EDIT: Am I allowed to tell them if I post here? 

Edited by Zeldurr
Double quoted

Posted

IMG-1903.jpg

"I can b a natural heaux too or whateva"

IMG-1904.gif

• neon orange hair
  • hot pink eyebrows
  • fake lashes
  • circle lenses
  • contouring
  • dark lipstick
  • full-coverage foundation

I don't even know if this is supposed to be ~ironic~ because it IS a toned down look for Rin, but uh, yup. Yeah. We, uh, stan a natural king, or something.

Posted

is it just me, or do his lashes look... not on properly there?

Honestly.. he should ditch the cosplay lenses and lashes.. I feel like they make all his looks so heavy and especially his lenses look costumey. Ironic because he started out posting cosplay stuff on IG but now seems to be ashamed of it lol.

Posted

Not to be a dick or anything but due to their costume lenses and lashes, it kind of makes it look like they’re in drag imo.. like that isn’t a good look in the slightest, i don’t see why they thought it was a good idea to post it. 

also that caption is just painful, like come on.. if you’re going to be fake woke, at least talk the part so you don’t look like an even bigger hypocrite 

Posted

What do you all think of this look? Actually, I think they look masculine for a reason. They are wearing lots of makeup but it maybe is like what Shinobu say about Rin's makeup looking like drag makeup. (And this may be off topic but I have noticed that Rin's friend here (@pinkprty) does a similar makeup to them. Both of them seem to use those big false eyelash to cover their mistake.)

rin.thumb.png.c67f89702232309f418b5846e2

Someone mention cultural appropriation and AAVE which remind me. Does anyone have pictures of Rin cosplaying the Free! anime character that they took the name from? I was only able to find this Todoroki BNHA cosplay. I think he looks handsome in this. He should go back to doing cosplay than makeup influencer on instagram.

rin2.thumb.png.8d40ab2a58d2c41a8b7c973db

Sorry if my english explaining is not good, it is not my first language.

Posted

Lol this bitch(I am using that in a gender neutral way don't worry) literally has no shame, linking their bfs paypal again.

Screenshot_20190108-155206.thumb.png.110

Posted

Lol this bitch(I am using that in a gender neutral way don't worry) literally has no shame, linking their bfs paypal again.

Lol aren't average airport uber rides $50? That is for me here in NYC. Yeah, I really doubt they can make a comfortable living in LA if they each can't afford $25 for an uber.

Posted

the entire caption is AAVE appropriation. I was about to comment to inform them because I think they would care if someone informed them nicely, but then again I don’t want to get attacked by a bunch of Tumblrites who think everything Rin does is correct.

EDIT: Am I allowed to tell them if I post here? 

How else is it appropriation besides "heaux?" Also, you can comment, but I would just send them a DM to keep yourself anonymous. Then they can make the decision on how they treat AAVE without getting into a public debacle against you. 

Posted

or he just got randomly selected and nobody’s targeting you white passing latinos 🤔🤔🤔🤔

AE41AA97-E937-44D2-BA4B-7DA2FC8C8E66.jpeg

Posted

What do you all think of this look? Actually, I think they look masculine for a reason. They are wearing lots of makeup but it maybe is like what Shinobu say about Rin's makeup looking like drag makeup. (And this may be off topic but I have noticed that Rin's friend here (@pinkprty) does a similar makeup to them. Both of them seem to use those big false eyelash to cover their mistake.)

rin.thumb.png.c67f89702232309f418b5846e2

Someone mention cultural appropriation and AAVE which remind me. Does anyone have pictures of Rin cosplaying the Free! anime character that they took the name from? I was only able to find this Todoroki BNHA cosplay. I think he looks handsome in this. He should go back to doing cosplay than makeup influencer on instagram.

rin2.thumb.png.8d40ab2a58d2c41a8b7c973db

Sorry if my english explaining is not good, it is not my first language.

Here are pics from a while back with him cosplaying. I really liked him back then cuz i thought he and lili (pinkprty) were so cute!! Not sure why but i know he doesn't cosplay anymore even though he still likes watching anime. Could have been just a phase he's over now i guess.

B4F52E18-19E7-4253-9C8A-A2B489F10333.jpeg

D1708F6B-B443-4D70-B81E-5154C1EF5EB7.jpeg

8F9BE5E5-0CA2-4A45-9AF5-BA5DE02799A5.jpeg

7C8A37CD-6413-466E-BB2F-B82364D3C007.jpeg

Posted

go back a few pages and check out Rin's drama with Kalvin.

Some agree with Rin, you do not need dysphoria, some agree with Kalvin, you do need it.

For sugrical/medical purposes, you have to experiance it in order to get any horomones or procedures from a reputable doctor.

Regardless, a conversation like that would derail the thread. If you follow Kalvin's link to his youtube I'm sure there are plenty of places to have that discussion. 

This thread seems to be at minimum, respectful of they/them pronouns for Rin.

Hidden Content

okay thank you

Posted

i've never actually seen any of rin's cosplay makeup before, so thank ya'll above for posting some of it. i think rin looks significantly better in those pictures than in his newer "artistic" makeup posts. i suppose that's due to the fact that cosplay makeup is SUPPOSED to be over the top and dramatic, while their everyday looks just seems very strange due to the lenses and lashes, like others have said. 

Posted

again with the fking PayPal again are you kidding me? Stop going to LA if you can’t afford it and why couldn’t your amazing manager pick you up? Jeez stop asking your followers for money and get a real job that can pay for your expenses 

E3EBAEE7-C509-4A9B-93D4-E9CEBDC27F5C.png

Not to be a dick or anything but due to their costume lenses and lashes, it kind of makes it look like they’re in drag imo.. like that isn’t a good look in the slightest, i don’t see why they thought it was a good idea to post it. 

also that caption is just painful, like come on.. if you’re going to be fake woke, at least talk the part so you don’t look like an even bigger hypocrite 

they depend on the lenses and lashes to bring out something different and make the looks. If it weren’t for those things the looks would look sub-par

Isn’t it funny that you call out people for doing the same thing as you? A few months later? 

9B39EB93-A022-4420-B1C1-7536C44CEBE8.png

Posted

How else is it appropriation besides "heaux?" Also, you can comment, but I would just send them a DM to keep yourself anonymous. Then they can make the decision on how they treat AAVE without getting into a public debacle against you. 

Just their entire sentence structure, “...or whateva” is aave as well. “Natural” in the context Rin is using it, usually refers to the natural hair movement black women are having at the moment but they used it do describe their makeup that’s not natural at all which makes no sense. It’s like non Asian weebs using Japanese wrongly in a sentence cause they don’t know the language at all.

Posted

Just their entire sentence structure, “...or whateva” is aave as well. “Natural” in the context Rin is using it, usually refers to the natural hair movement black women are having at the moment but they used it do describe their makeup that’s not natural at all which makes no sense. It’s like non Asian weebs using Japanese wrongly in a sentence cause they don’t know the language at all.

bUt bUt I aM dIfFeReNt I aM nOt A wHiTeY I cAn sAy iT