• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

rin / gothfruits

2102 posts in this topic

Posted

IMG-1842.jpg

Imagine this popping up in your nightmares 😬

I get the idea but the glitter could of been spread out more and not so clumpy, the yellow "blush" could of be blended better, lipstick could of been nude or less bold, I would of used a darker green or a different color for the eyeshadow and I'm sorry but the sunflower eyebrows looks weird but that's my opinion. 

Edit: the top lashes looks good and it's a good idea as far as Rin goes. 

At this point I feel like every single "gothfruits look" is the same. It's just bright makeup smeared all over their face with just a little bit of variation in between looks. For all the talk about revolution and all the looking down on other MUAs, they're so boring and repetitive and always playing it safe with the current bandwagon trend.

Posted (edited)

IMG-1842.jpg

I get the idea but the glitter could of been spread out more and not so clumpy, the yellow "blush" could of be blended better, lipstick could of been nude or less bold, I would of used a darker green or a different color for the eyeshadow and I'm sorry but the sunflower eyebrows looks weird but that's my opinion. 

here’s my two cents as an artist and illustrator:

yes, art is subjective an what not but when it comes to color theory there are just some colors that look weird together and often give a bad effect to one viewing the work.

the light-green on the eyes and the yellow on the cheeks really don’t go to together. I believe it’s due to the fact that they are the same tint. Which means they are the same distance from black and white I believe (?) which causes the two colors to almost blend into one another. When you look at the image in black and white  both the teal and the yellow will appeal the same shade along with the skin. 

Like Zeldurr said above, it may have been better to have a darker green, as it’s better for color around the eyes (in order for the eyes to appear bigger) to be darker.

i hope this makes sense. 

Disclaimer: I’m not an expert on this topic, I’m still learning :)

i will say that the sunflowers were a nice touch and I like the combination of the pink hair and yellow.

Edited by Psychomi
Disclaimer added

Posted

IMG-1842.jpg

My issue with the color is that she used that pastel sea foam green, paired it with that pollen yellow and then also that metallic rose. Don't mix and match the undertones of your makeup because in all honesty it just looks lazy. Also imo if you're going to do a metallic lip, a metallic/holographic highlighter > glitter

Posted

I'm totally fine with the look, but I'm not really into makeup. What gets me is how crusty Rin's lips are. :alpacashocked:

Posted (edited)

My issue with the color is that she used that pastel sea foam green, paired it with that pollen yellow and then also that metallic rose. Don't mix and match the undertones of your makeup because in all honesty it just looks lazy. Also imo if you're going to do a metallic lip, a metallic/holographic highlighter > glitter

this makes me wonder— did Gothfruits take any art or makeup course? I’m sure you would’ve learned about color theory there. Are they just doing this as their own thing and didn’t go to college? Does anyone know or?

I'm totally fine with the look, but I'm not really into makeup. What gets me is how crusty Rin's lips are. :alpacashocked:

metallic will do that :/

Edited by Psychomi

Posted

• continuing with bitching about someone that you claim to have blocked
  • making it about race when it has nothing to do with it (and i don't even usually say that kinda shit bc im a black sjw myself)
  • is clearly trying to use buzzwords and identities to make the other person seem more despicable ("to steal from black trans people shows your true colors""it's repulsive")
  • claims that kalvin stalks your socials when he hasn't even talked about you recently and you've been crying nonstop
  • claims that kalvin should know about the tag when twitter users dont see the same trends and they have him all blocked anyway so he can't see it and you know this
  • "smells like jealousy and bullshit to me" i could say the same for you, Rinnifer. still mad that you got dragged? mess

DwGICpbXcAM8ORp.jpg

DwGVXAaWkAA_Km3.jpg

like this whole attempt at a "drag" on their part is such a reach and at this point it's clearly out of spite bc they know they came out on the losing end of that conflict (but both came out with ruined images so there was no winner lmao was it worth?). i don't see how they plan to be like ... a big MUA when they can't even deal with someone minding their own business on their own account.

honestly, he’s loving the attention this drama brings him. the second it seems to have blown over, he brings it back up. like, rin, u seem quite bothered for someone who claims to be unbothered ://///

Posted

with all the drama he gets into (or the drama that's long over that he keeps bringing up), you'd think he's trying to be the next jeffree star. make the drama part of his MUA "brand". smfh, he's even got the bright pink hair. 

Posted

Omg. I looked here about 2-3 months ago to see if anyone started posting his problematic posts yet and was so surprised to see none.

I finally had to unfollow him shortly after the Kalvin drama due to his constant stories begging for likes on his posts and rting any "rINFluENCE" post someone would tag of him. OT but seriously though, there are people out here buying Sprite, one of the most popular sodas in the world, and crediting Rin like ????? 

I really wanted to like and support them for being a nb and for being a close friend of my friend but jc, he has become unbearable since getting rid of his blue hair.

Posted

this makes me wonder— did Gothfruits take any art or makeup course? I’m sure you would’ve learned about color theory there. Are they just doing this as their own thing and didn’t go to college? Does anyone know or?

Pretty sure they are self thaught, I recall they started makeup "seriously" maybe a year ago or a year and half or so. They didn't study makeup at a school or anything like that.

I think it shows because:

* Their color combos are often horrible. They are the type to say "do what you want!" and bring colors together that are the same saturation which will make everything look flat

* Their poor skills when it comes to applying makeup

* Their foundation still look pasty and I can't, I CAN'T for the life of me understand why they don't notice

A lot of their looks fall flat to me, there is no shade to their face and no facial sculpt which is weird.... considering the fuckton blush they usually put on. I'm not a fan of this at all (though I don't believe in contouring, I feel like this kinda pic does not reflect how the look feels irl) and i wish they would try and work with dimension more than just put a bunch of colors and call it a day

Posted

So what's the issue this time? Are we just putting any company on blast now? Good luck then...

Lgt2OUD.png

Posted

So what's the issue this time? Are we just putting any company on blast now? Good luck then...

Lgt2OUD.png

honestly wtf is her problem with that one? he seems nice and a good offer

Posted

honestly wtf is her problem with that one? he seems nice and a good offer

hi there! Wanted to give my 2 cents as someone who used to work with Ttdeye, they’re a good contact company but have same some rather racist comments in the past regarding which “skin tones” look best with their contacts and that darker shades of skin don’t look as nice which is bullshit. Not trying to WK cause Rin in problematic but so is this company. (They could have just deleted the email though rather then post the pic for  unnecessary clout and drama lol)

Posted

Hidden Content

That makes sense, thank you. 

I still wonder what's the point of just screenshotting without information? At least call them out. This just makes them look extremely difficult to work with.

Posted

I still wonder what's the point of just screenshotting without information? At least call them out. This just makes them look extremely difficult to work with.

I have no idea how brands are willing to keep sending them PR when he could blast them at any second lol.

Posted

Ttdeye's racism is well known in the cosplay community on instagram/twitter, but these events happeed a few years ago, so some people have forgotten since then/just dont know about it. I assume Rin posted this because he assumed that a decent number of his followers/mutuals already knew about this. It would definitely help if he did a quick refresher tweet tho