• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

rin / gothfruits

2266 posts in this topic

Posted

I just found out about Rin and... why does he have a career still?? The things he did are beyond horrible. 

Posted

a few things

1) what the fuck even is their fashion sense, I know some of these things are in rn (ring choker, baggy pants, chunky sneakers) but rin is so bad at putting together outfits I can see why their fashion posts always seem to get fewer likes

2) they’re such an awkward model and i’m Not Surprised that valfré hasn’t used any of their shots from that one shoot in their marketing so far, unless i missed something

3) every time they do the star stamps down their nose it just makes it look even bigger and it’s weird that they would want to emphasize something that obviously makes them feel self conscious

4) the fact that they have such a thin and lanky figure makes their head look somewhat large (which they’ve acknowledged) and slicking back their hair makes them look like even more of a bobble head why they haven’t figured out what flatters them is beyond me but maybe they just don’t care

5) they’re still a gross person so even if they tweaked all of the above.. Meh.

01556D8F-7BA8-4B6B-8777-8C7D4379659B.jpeg

Posted

I just found out about Rin and... why does he have a career still?? The things he did are beyond horrible. 

He's not very big in the first place and the scandal didn't spread that much.

Posted

I don't know much drama about him but what really makes me feel weird is the fact that he goes by male pronouns. Rin was born as female and identifies as Non-Binary but why the label "he". Rin clearly dresses feminism and is born as a female. I understand being non-binary but Rin labeling themselves as him when u clearly can se that Rin is comfortable in being female just doesn't makes any sense to me.

idk if anyone already said this but I wanted to state my thoughts. I really thought Rin was born as a male when I first saw him.

Posted

I don't know much drama about him but what really makes me feel weird is the fact that he goes by male pronouns. Rin was born as female and identifies as Non-Binary but why the label "he". Rin clearly dresses feminism and is born as a female. I understand being non-binary but Rin labeling themselves as him when u clearly can se that Rin is comfortable in being female just doesn't makes any sense to me.

idk if anyone already said this but I wanted to state my thoughts. I really thought Rin was born as a male when I first saw him.

I'll sum it up for you. it's part of her concept. there are so many girls like her that love colorful make-up but are more skillful than her. Adding minority points lets her stand out. So instead of being a white-passing straight girl, she's a "gay non-binary boy" - that looks like a girl.

She wants to be part of the lgbtq+ community so bad that she weasels her way in. I'm not gatekeeping but she still refuses to understand what non-binary means. Her claiming to be trans+non-binary+boy+gay still hurts my head. 

she's the embodiment of the "not like other girls"-meme. 

Posted

Rin should just give up and post straight to r/blunderyears

Posted (edited)

I understand being non-binary but Rin labeling themselves as him when u clearly can se that Rin is comfortable in being female

I really thought Rin was born as a male when I first saw him

You’re not the only one, even a lot of their followers on Instagram and twitter (before it was deleted) didn’t realize they were actually afab or even considered themselves trans. That’s probably why Rin bitched out when they were called out by Kalvin Garrah, a lot of their fans likely came up to Rin questioning their vague identity and standoffish behavior. Previous to that, Rin was instigating the situation non stop, after that they decided to come out with a super virtue signally (but also passive aggressive) video as an indirect response.

Speaking of that video, on top of the misinformation, they talked about what it’s like being trans regarding transphobia, dysphoria, transitioning etc.... considering they’ve always made it clear how they feel about trans meds, the video was no doubt for them and it was extremely condescending. Does Rin really think that trans people *wouldn’t* know more shit about those issues than anybody?! Yet they shift the blame on trans meds & lecture them while painting themselves as this poor, innocent person who did absolutely nothing instigative. 

Personally to me it’s not an issue when people play around with pronouns or gender expression, even cis people do it. Don’t get me wrong, Rin believing that they’re an anime boy is weird to me too, but sure whatever makes them comfortable. What draws the line for me is when they take away from people that have it far worse off than them, simultaneously alienating them into a worse position. 

FYI non binary people are valid. The ones I’ve met aren’t nearly as anal, selfish or misinformed as Rin.

Edited by angelito

Posted (edited)

I'm also nonbinary with they/he pronouns (with dysphoria) , and i dress pretty feminine at times so I don't think that that's a sign of being a "trender" at all. I feel like clothing doesn't have to be very gendered, males can wear "female" clothing and trans people don't have to pass to be valid etcetc

The only thing i can't relate to is purposefully i guess.. showing off your "female" parts? If that makes sense. Like I'll wear a crop top with a binder under it and feel okay, but I would never go out wearing no binder and a bralette top, if that makes sense? Like, the clothes or makeup don't make me feel bad because I know men can wear them as well, but when someone is AFAB nonbinary and has no problem at all showing off their cleavage and all that, that confuses me a little. (Especially if they also go by he, obvs there are completely nonbinary people who might be okay with it or even use they/she, but those usually don't consider themselves trans)

unknown-2.png

unknown-3.pngignore these they wont go away lol

Edited by DontWannaCry
spoilered for ranting

Posted (edited)

Wrong thread sorry.

Edited by ritsusu

Posted

Lol didn't someone call her mentioning her ~european ancestors~ 😂🤣😂🤣😂 girl you're white where do you expect your ancestors to be from? Hong Kong????

This is the same if you put on a kilt and say your Scottish ancestors would be proud...you sound like a ridiculous American.

_20190913_172953.thumb.JPG.57e7e01d98f09

I think you're on the wrong thread

Posted (edited)

I think you're on the wrong thread

Oh my gosh I am...JFC how did i not notice thanks

Edited by ritsusu

Posted

has anyone seen this in Rin’s bio? Does this mean they’re giving up their career as an influencer? 

D9CF130F-C555-4291-95B2-E483F1E96B5D.jpeg

Posted

has anyone seen this in Rin’s bio? Does this mean they’re giving up their career as an influencer? 

nothing on thier story about it. Just pics/video from Gaga's Haus makeup line opening. Looks like Rin and Ish went (not invited or anything). Idk but that bio is 👀

Posted

Now that you mention it, I’m a little sus about it. I went to check out his manager’s page and Rin’s IG name is gone from the page as well. I know that they’re still attending events and receiving PR... but unsure if they stepped down 🤔

Posted

One can only hope.