• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

rin / gothfruits

2315 posts in this topic

Posted

All I can say is.... YIKES. 

20A0C5A4-5A23-4A8D-BFC4-1F4F697E8289.png

why does it look like someone wants to speak to my manager

Posted

Another pride look. Appears prettyyyy airbrushed. Way less messy than the one on his story though

1E5895E8-C1B1-4AA7-8562-539FD94749CB.jpeg

Posted

Another pride look. Appears prettyyyy airbrushed. Way less messy than the one on his story though

1E5895E8-C1B1-4AA7-8562-539FD94749CB.jpeg

maybe it's just me but it super bothers me how this "look" was for an ad rather than y'know, actual pride month. It's a topic of debate that I won't really get into because it'll derail from the thread but it doesn't sit right with me to see Rin jumping on the bandwagon of using Pride month as a whole advertising scheme with a big-name company. I'm not sure if Splat actively helps LGBT groups or not but if not it's just another group cashing in on the gay pride thing because it's hip (which I suppose fits Rin since that's what a lot of people think about them, but it's still a big yikes to see whether they are sincere or not)

Screenshot_20190626-230638_Instagram.thu

Posted

Did anyone see this? I’m tired of Rin preaching about how toxic cancel culture is. We all know he’s doing this because he got cancelled and he wants to somehow come back from it. It’s hypocritical. You were literally a part of cancel culture until you got affected by it. That little side note doesn’t mean shit because I guarantee he wouldn’t have posted it if he wasn’t cancelled. Did Rin really forget that he got cancelled for being a rape apologist and not some dumb petty shit or...

0AA5E0F5-D40C-4C35-BB3D-DB430045AE19.jpeg

Posted

Did anyone see this? I’m tired of Rin preaching about how toxic cancel culture is. We all know he’s doing this because he got cancelled and he wants to somehow come back from it. It’s hypocritical. You were literally a part of cancel culture until you got affected by it. That little side note doesn’t mean shit because I guarantee he wouldn’t have posted it if he wasn’t cancelled. Did Rin really forget that he got cancelled for being a rape apologist and not some dumb petty shit or...

Rin: repost tweet discussing the day to day violence POC face.

Rin: I know I'm white passing but cAnCeL cUlTuRe I TOXIC!!! It hurts the vulnerable! I would know because ah, nevermind. 

fucking yikes.

Posted

🧐🧐🧐

E5BE3D31-DD4E-44FB-B95E-8A6FFBD1E874.png

Posted

gawd i can't stop looking at this thread to keep up w rin's antics it's truly like watching a train wreck.

not to derail too much but -- i do agree that there are negative aspects of modern cancel culture, but i feel like this notion of 'poc are oppressed so they may not know everything therefore canceling them is wrong' is kind of.....dangerous? not sure what op was referring to in the tweet but if someone has done some questionable shit in the past like be a rape apologist for example, them being a poc shouldn't determine whether or not they should answer to that behavior. as a latina myself, i think ours and any community would suffer if we refused to hold each other accountable for our harmful behaviors.

and ya know, if you answer to that behavior and time goes on and people decide they still don't want to support you as a social media influencer bc of it, deal w it?????

Posted

So Rin is forgetting why they were cancelled? They would never let someone go if the situation was reversed *eyeroll* 

Posted

Hah what a way to backtrack. They should just get "victim" as their next tattoo 

Posted (edited)

The fuck? Remember when they were shaming “brown” people who support Jeffree Star, and I believe that was a week or so before they were exposed on a twitter. Rin is full of shit. 

They acknowledged their privilege for half a second then took a virtually unrelated tweet and made it about themselves! Tired of Rin being condescending to minorities, then exploiting them when it’s convenient so they can coddle their own ego. They were literally on the most toxic, judgemental side of cancel culture, not the type of person who spread awareness about profound issues or gave constructive criticism to people who needed it. There’s a middle ground, but it’s funny how they’ve suddenly gone to the opposite side of the spectrum after being canceled for gaslighting, lying and bullying people. 

Some children of color are let down by systematic oppression, but that doesn’t mean they’re inherently void of morals. Like Xarimx said they need to at least be held accountable if they’re not correcting themselves, and it’s okay if they take a while to learn. Rin and their fans don’t understand that everyone is supposed to feel shame when they’ve done something wrong. Bullying is fucked up but as most of you already understand, there are moments where people simply tell you things that you may not want to hear. As a result you might feel guilty, uncomfortable, confused, or even mad... that’s normal! Your conscience is tested regularly; accept that you’ve done bad things, accept the consequences, learn from it and try to fix it. Don’t take it as a personal attack and shut everyone down so you don’t have to deal with your own issues. 

Edited by angelito

Posted

Rin’s continual insistence on deflecting from what happened and bLoCkiNg OuT tHe HaTeRz really shows that they haven’t actually grown and probably won’t anytime soon

Posted

I think the fact that they’re flopping is real now based on their story about getting licensed again 

Posted

I think the fact that they’re flopping is real now based on their story about getting licensed again 

tbh good. they were so obnoxious about becoming an influencer when they quit their job and acted like they ascended to some higher existence. not that anyone should have to suffer through rude customers but the way they talked about leaving was truly annoying. also maybe if they have an actual day job they won’t have to e-beg.

Posted

So Rin has started thier July trip to Texas to visit thier family and it looks like it's just them with no Ish. I thought he would want to visit friends and family as well but I guess not. Very curious to see who Rin hangs out with in TX and if any of thier old influencer friends hang with them now that a lot of the backlash has blown over.