• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

rin / gothfruits

2321 posts in this topic

Posted

This made me kind of frustrated, he halfassed this look so much he didnt even create a bruise under the bandaids he did them over. Also the bruising is terribly done, its wayyyyyyyy too red and black. It needs a lighter red and maybe some blue and yellow or smth. This is just lazily done, theres so much good detail you could add.

Screenshot_20190531-162357_Instagram.jpg

Posted

the look is SO bad they full on blurred their face with the softening tool LMFAO

Posted

The bruise look is so bad like... he didn't even bother to look at bruise kits since if he did he would know bruises have a yellow base then purple and dark reds. NCK4_EW41__89094.1333133306.1280.1280__7

This is one of Ben Nyes bruise wheels (the same one that comes in the Nye starter kit IE: what pretty much every theater company uses).

I don't have his new pride look tbh. Def my favorite of all the pride looks they've done.

Posted

This made me kind of frustrated, he halfassed this look so much he didnt even create a bruise under the bandaids he did them over. Also the bruising is terribly done, its wayyyyyyyy too red and black. It needs a lighter red and maybe some blue and yellow or smth. This is just lazily done, theres so much good detail you could add.

Screenshot_20190531-162357_Instagram.jpg

tbh I didnt even know those bandaids were real till he posted this. 

Screenshot_20190531-192650_Instagram.thulike the editing on the cheek ones makes it look like he photoshopped a stock image of them onto his face 

Also on another note: he did a video for just that eye look and it's...so boring. 

Posted

Was there a reason why Rin decided to do this look?

I feel like you have to do such makeup either perfectly to show of your skills (portfolio) or for a reason (like, cosplay calls for it or something) otherwise it just feels wrong to me. (on par with using domestic violence as an aesthetic)

Posted

SOMETHING ELSE I REALLY DISLIKE ABOUT THE BRUISE LOOK-- eyeshadow for the nose bleed. Like what?? Who gets a nose bleed and gets none of it on their lips? No one's blood is that pigmented? Tbh strawberry jam would have made a more realistic effect. 

Posted

This look gives me a bad taste in my mouth. It's like theyre trying to do this "oh look at me I'm so sad I'm in such a dArK pLaCe" thing again. Like, doing a makeup look that is obviously makeup and not real injury but it's suggested that it's a metaphor for ~soul injury~ or some crap.

Posted (edited)

tbh I didnt even know those bandaids were real till he posted this. 

Screenshot_20190531-192650_Instagram.thulike the editing on the cheek ones makes it look like he photoshopped a stock image of them onto his face 

Also on another note: he did a video for just that eye look and it's...so boring. 

I was curious so I sharpened it (only sharpened it btw), when I clicked back to compare the original I thought the original was a mistake I’d made because it was so smoothed out.

Edit: I’m curious after sharpening if they use those “nosejob” inserts for selfies, at first I thought it might be the end of a piercing but that didn't make any sense

50056430-9C84-4DA3-B4B8-EC8DFDAAB9D9.thu

615AB23D-7D81-4787-9CB3-9A5EAC9197E8.jpeg

Edited by Gregarious
Hmmm

Posted

I can’t with the abuse aesthetic I really can’t that makes me feel sick to my stomach ... it’s glorifying something that shouldn’t be glorified. People are really praising this look? 

Posted

His makeup would look so much better if he stopped putting glitter on his eyebrows 🤪

Posted

Was there a reason why Rin decided to do this look?

I feel like you have to do such makeup either perfectly to show of your skills (portfolio) or for a reason (like, cosplay calls for it or something) otherwise it just feels wrong to me. (on par with using domestic violence as an aesthetic)

I hope you're joking lmao? Bruise and SFX makeup don't glorify abuse, to assume so is to assume literally anyone would take out a palette and think "I want to look like a battered spouse" and not "I want to look like I got in a fight or had an accident because bruises, injuries, and other imperfections are visually interesting." 

They fucking suck as a person but sometimes y'all go too far and it gets stupid. 

Posted (edited)

I hope you're joking lmao? Bruise and SFX makeup don't glorify abuse, to assume so is to assume literally anyone would take out a palette and think "I want to look like a battered spouse" and not "I want to look like I got in a fight or had an accident because bruises, injuries, and other imperfections are visually interesting." 

They fucking suck as a person but sometimes y'all go too far and it gets stupid. 

Please read more carefully before screaming "stupid". That's why I said if it's for a reason / portfolio and done right. If you're just slapping some bs on your face without it looking like sfx makeup, sorry.. Rin should practice sfx makeup skills before posting.

P. S. Wanted to add that actually there are girls who use victim aesthetic posting badly staged pics with captions "plz don't hit me", but it wasn't the point I was making. You're just completely misrepresenting what I wrote. 

Edited by trashpanda

Posted

This is so heavily edited it doesn’t even look recognisable wow. 

I actually really like how their face is in this picture regardless of the shoop, it looks different and almost arty. But the background colour, hair and sweater ruin this for me 

1257D743-9B57-4EAA-AE01-9AAD9640C1B4.png

Ik this is old don't kill me please

max.thumb.jpg.6a680ccdfa653a260c8309d5da

All of that SNOW makes her look like Max Estrada. They both look so scary and uncanny. 

Posted

Ik this is old don't kill me please

max.thumb.jpg.6a680ccdfa653a260c8309d5da

All of that SNOW makes her look like Max Estrada. They both look so scary and uncanny. 

I legit thought that's her and that's sad. :(

Posted

Okay idk why they censored white but alright. Anyways, based off my experiences most cops are racist, but even the black cops, POC cops attack people. Not all cops exclusively go for POC. Some go for mentally ill people, homeless people..ect. some cops even form gangs to attack people, rob, or drug deal. Rin needs to realize that just because he is white passing doesn't mean he's safe from cops. Anyways didn't he once talk about smoking weed in front of a cop? Its legal ik but its not out and about and he could've put himself and Ish into danger. Idk this is kind of a blog post but anything involving cops gets me worked up. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Screenshot_20190604-124618_Instagram.jpg