• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

rin / gothfruits

2315 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I understand being feminine despite identifying as trans. There are lots of gay cis males who present in hyper feminine ways and that doesn't make them trans women if they don't identify as women. I think some people here are confusing "transmasculine" (which can be used in a similar way as the term "FTM") with "wanting to present in stereotypically masculine ways". If gothfruits were a hyperfeminine cis male it would make more sense to some people who are confused.

I think gothfruits' problem is that he isn't able to deal with people not understanding his gender identity. I get it, I don't actually think there's anything wrong with being a nonbinary person who isn't able to articulate the details of their gender identity under criticism (I empathize with that honestly), like "okay, there is something incorrect about identifying as a cis woman, but I like makeup and don't think I want top surgery or hormones right now..." That is a valid place to be! But I just think he's an immature person who maybe has a gut feeling about his gender identity but hasn't had the time to explore and think about it and is therefore unable to defend himself against criticism of "transtrender" accusations. He seems to still be at the beginning stages of understanding it, I know a lot of baby queers like that and hopefully they grow out of it. It doesn't help that his immaturity extends way beyond the gender identity thing, I think he's gotten way too carried away with the influencer branding/cult of personality/ego thing. If he were just a 20 year old muddling through college and figuring out his gender among a more private social group he probably wouldn't be this messy lol

Edited by Bubbletea
wanted to add more stuff

Posted (edited)

How many lies could they possibly pack into one tweet? After reading the thread and getting caught up, it sounds like they’re either exaggerating or just flat out lying about the whole coming out.

I highly doubt a parent would just be like “okay” to someone coming out as nb, especially considering how confusing and easy to misunderstand it is. 

Honestly, gothfruits reminds me of the girls from high school who said they hated their small town life and wanted to move to LA to become famous without doing any work or being very talented. I personally dislike Rin because they seem very fake and pretty cocky.

their mom probably literally said "oh okay" and then let Rin ramble until the topic died out. 

Edited by honeycrisp

Posted (edited)

can we talk about how rin uses his weird, undefinable identity as an excuse to separate himself from others belonging to their birth sex/socialized gender? rin behaves exactly like most women her age are expected to behave, especially among his peer group on cosplay and makeup twitter: she loves anime, is skilled at applying makeup, is in a relationship with a man, and she regularly jokes about sex and birth control. literally the only thing that separates him from other girls is his insistence that he's masculine despite behaving completely femininely. he's pretty much screaming "i'm not like the other girls" right now simply for not wanting to have children (basically implying that all women want to have children) and saying "lol i don't need to get rid of my titties they're small hee hee!!" (implying that tit size matters when it comes to trans men's and trans masculine's need to surgically remove their breasts and that having small breasts is a non-issue).

i only watched like three minutes maybe of the video and the way he was explaining it did not make sense. but the chart he used sounded familiar and theres something called demigender that use to go around on tumblr as well so im surprised he didnt see into that

but i do see the the internal misogyny (sp im sorry) when he wanted to clarify that he presents FEMININE and not A GIRL. 

the lack of articulatation on his part seems to come from the attitude of ”I DONT OWE ANYONE ANYTHING” and possibly a lack of education. he will probably just not acknowledge any mistakes he’s making and issues hes creating with his choice of words. slowly being groomed as another snowflake

Edited by jollybun
more things

Posted

i only watched like three minutes maybe of the video and the way he was explaining it did not make sense. but the chart he used sounded familiar and theres something called demigender that use to go around on tumblr as well so im surprised he didnt see into that

but i do see the the internal misogyny (sp im sorry) when he wanted to clarify that he presents FEMININE and not A GIRL. 

the lack of articulatation on his part seems to come from the attitude of ”I DONT OWE ANYONE ANYTHING” and possibly a lack of education. he will probably just not acknowledge any mistakes he’s making and issues hes creating with his choice of words. slowly being groomed as another snowflake

i don't know why it's a big deal if you identify as a female which makes me draw a conclusion that they are definitely doing this for clout/oppression points, there are 100000 female "influencers" but I guess they feel unique for being a transboy beauty influencer who won the favor of Thomas Halbert (who is problematic in his own way). Rin is a REAL BOI *eye roll* 

There is nothing wrong with being a female and they way they take offense to it is really disturbing and shows their internal misogyny. But then they come out with saying stuff like this which makes the case that it is not real and its to be "different" and "not like the other girls" RIN really is "im not the other girls evolved"  like you are a male but are saying they ain't shit? Guess Rin ain't shit either then

1545802673792.jpg

Posted

It's unfortunate because his career is only starting to blossom and already there is so much drama. I think it's best to move on otherwise they will be known more for fighting over gender than their makeup looks. 

Posted

It's unfortunate because his career is only starting to blossom and already there is so much drama. I think it's best to move on otherwise they will be known more for fighting over gender than their makeup looks. 

the sad thing is that they wont move on, i agree they should and grow thicker skin, but the minute there is one critique about them they send their followers to attack the person which isnt cool also manipulating the fan base to the point where they see no flaw in e-begging and plugging that paypal at any chance possible is kinda problematic. 

Posted

Funny how this person is supposed to be a "woke king" or whatever, but they still support known problematic makeup brands like Kat Von D and Lime Crime (and Too Faced to a certain extent). 

Choose your battles bruh 

Posted

Funny how this person is supposed to be a "woke king" or whatever, but they still support known problematic makeup brands like Kat Von D and Lime Crime (and Too Faced to a certain extent). 

Choose your battles bruh 

OT but lime crime is owned by different people now! KVD is still…herself.

I’m conflicted on Rin because I liked this so much until I was so put-off by them the other day. I understand that being attacked by a lot of people is hard to ignore and typically warrants some kind of response but taking nearly an entire week to be shady about it…public figures are humans too but I think there’s a point where your image gets affected after responding to hate so much.

if you really don’t owe an explanation, why are we still talking about it 

Posted

I’m conflicted on Rin because I liked this so much until I was so put-off by them the other day. I understand that being attacked by a lot of people is hard to ignore and typically warrants some kind of response but taking nearly an entire week to be shady about it…public figures are humans too but I think there’s a point where your image gets affected after responding to hate so much.

in the couple video with ish , rin says they usually dont get angry and also apparently some past shit happened. they both briefly mentioned that the coworkers just did not like rin at all and would shittalk..... i wonder what that was about tho.....

Posted

honestly, it really seems like all of rin’s stances on pretty much anything comes from something he read in a tumblr post and never researched further

Posted

Doe Deere still makes money off of each sale, she isnt the CEO but still has stake in the company. KVD doesn't own the company directly either Sephora/Kendo does who in turn is owned by Louis Vuitton (LVMH)

Rin is just proving that most of their information comes from tumblr and thinks its set in stone :/, i just wish he knew how ignorant and how crazy the fandom is coming off.  

Posted

Doe Deere still makes money off of each sale, she isnt the CEO but still has stake in the company. KVD doesn't own the company directly either Sephora/Kendo does who in turn is owned by Louis Vuitton (LVMH)

Rin is just proving that most of their information comes from tumblr and thinks its set in stone :/, i just wish he knew how ignorant and how crazy the fandom is coming off.  

((OT but I'm stunned no other makeup company has made colourful brow products like KVD has. Especially considering that the poople I know who still use KVD's products only use her colourful brow pomades due to no other company catering for that market, and said people really wished that other companies would create colourful brow products because they don't actually wanna support Kat.))

Also that cursed Milk Makeup collab gothfruits did came up on my recs :alpacabored: really wished other nb/trans influencers that aren't complete eggheads were being sponsored by these companies instead of Fuckboy McGee here. It's not difficult to when recommendation functions are a thing on every second platform these days