• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

rin / gothfruits

2321 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Edited by ghostbat

Posted

1826AEC5-BD7D-4303-94CA-5628692785AA.thu

rin deleted twitter.

Also, I’m so tired of all of these rainbow looks that tbh aren’t impressive at all. If they’re trying to prove that their relationship with ish is gay by slamming pride colors in our face i’m like so over it lol. We constantly talked about how they are profiting from the lgbt community and how they milk it for views/likes and it seems to me like they still are.. 79E0D939-9BD9-47A2-9EE2-28D0A4461924.thu

I honestly have no issue with the ”looks” because they’re just gonna do whatever anyways but what does bother me is they don't edit the colours.

The makeup looks patchy, faded, and it doesn't look pigmented. It looks dusty, like chalk. The clown nose blush and facepaint is embarrassing, but IG they think maybe at least one will end up alright? I associate MILK with dewy looks, and there’s no ”healthy skin” look to their makeup. 

Their hair looks absolutely fried and dry, absolutely crispy. I'm sure they could pull off a shaved head look, and honestly it’d be better at this point. If you have access to editing tools as a ”MUA Instagrammer” or whatever they're going for it really makes me grimace to see they blur their nose into their face but don't smooth or polish their hair or makeup.

Insecure about the wrong things.

Posted

I honestly have no issue with the ”looks” because they’re just gonna do whatever anyways but what does bother me is they don't edit the colours.

The makeup looks patchy, faded, and it doesn't look pigmented. It looks dusty, like chalk. The clown nose blush and facepaint is embarrassing, but IG they think maybe at least one will end up alright? I associate MILK with dewy looks, and there’s no ”healthy skin” look to their makeup. 

Their hair looks absolutely fried and dry, absolutely crispy. I'm sure they could pull off a shaved head look, and honestly it’d be better at this point. If you have access to editing tools as a ”MUA Instagrammer” or whatever they're going for it really makes me grimace to see they blur their nose into their face but don't smooth or polish their hair or makeup.

Insecure about the wrong things.

I don't get it, don't people usually get mad because the makeup is edited?

Posted

I don't get it, don't people usually get mad because the makeup is edited?

People will be mad over editing regardless imo, but the way I see it their face is supposed to be an ad for the product and they’re not doing their job well. It’s like how food companies used shaving cream instead of whipped cream for ads so it looks better and sells more. 

I’m not saying one’s more right than the other, but more that seeing the brands fall flat and be all uneven and muddy makes me want to not purchase it kind of deal. The reason i brought it up at all is because they edited their face but didn’t clean up the edges of their makeup, and I’m wondering why. 

Posted

They really did a clown look...

9FF5F765-FA80-47E4-B4C1-9485F1527F13.jpeg

Posted

The hair looks like a party store wig with how dry it looks. Don't have much to say about the look because its an artsy sad clown... just like ron

Posted

I feel like the main problem with these new "looks" is that Rin continuously goes overboard and thinks every part of their face should be covered with some type of pigment and it's just too much. Like usually when you have a very dramatic eye look that brings in a lot of attention, you want everything else to be a bit more muted but ron looks like they're a toddler experimenting with the makeup palette they got for christmas

Posted

I feel like he steps further away from wearable makeup every new look he posts. I mean, I know makeup artistry doesn't have to always be 100% wearable but I feel like good makeup artists at least keep up the illusion of style and make sure the viewer always remembers that this is MAKEUP they're wearing and not face paint or crafts. Rin always literally looks like a kid who got into the face paints at the local carnival booth; it never even looks like makeup to me it just looks silly and ridiculous. He looks cakey and clownish and not in an artistic or intentional way.

If I were one of the makeup brands who sponsors him I would absolutely not be happy that his "lewks" are how he showcases the products. You can recreate this all from the local Wal*Mart craft section, and that's not a look I would want selling my brand.

Posted

Anyone have guesses how long could her instagram career last if the looks stay like this? It would be a shame if brands kept sponsoring this (whatever it is).

I'm all for artsy looks n all, but this just screams bad execution and even poorer ideas lately. (do brands even care or just look at follower counts) 

Posted (edited)

This honestly looks so freaking familiar and i can't place it for the life of me. In particular the eye situation

also i dont wanna cause more arguing but can y'all really quit the misgendering. its pretty petty and rude regardless of your feelings towards Rins identity

Edited by pixyteriisgod

Posted

This honestly looks so freaking familiar and i can't place it for the life of me. In particular the eye situation

also i dont wanna cause more arguing but can y'all really quit the misgendering. its pretty petty and rude regardless of your feelings towards Rins identity

Yeah, he's cribbing a lot from the makeup style of people like Dollfille and Kim Chi....

4CECD59B00000578-5808041-image-m-40_1528209388988.jpg

Kim-Chi-RuPauls-Drag-Race-Season-8-Logo-TV-Tom-Lorenzo-Site-1.jpg

Posted

Yeah, he's cribbing a lot from the makeup style of people like Dollfille and Kim Chi....

Dollfille!! Thats the one I was thinking of lol but i suck with names and usernames. I spent like 10 minutes scrolling through shrinkle's instagram because i thought she did something kinda similar recently as well but i guess i was wrong

Posted

Sooo Rin’s in New York for the Gucci Beauty party??? 

Is it just me or does Rin not exactly seem ‘Gucci’ to you. Their style is practically the opposite of Gucci’s general aesthetic. I mean I’m all for branching out but there are loads of colourful, less problematic influencers they could’ve invited. Why Rin?