• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

rin / gothfruits

2311 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I think once you see how they act on twitter it turns a lot of people off myself included because I thought their youtube videos were actually fun. However, after seeing what an immature person they are its a huge turn-off, this is why I feel like if you use twitter that much don't encourage anyone to follow you.  They spew hate and encourage people to do to so as well which is sad. They should be reported and suspended from Twitter for spewing hate and sending harassment to anyone that disagrees with them even if its a critique on makeup application. 

I screwed up the quoting thing :/ 

Also, can we just address that they claim that they don't want to spread hate but he and his fans are saying they want Kalvin's T taken away....  like what?? Yeah okay, Rin so everyone is supposed to be considerate of you but you want someone's medicine taken away.-_- 
Rin just doesn't make sense period

last edit I saw this tweet and found it funny

e7c68885dd125d89e6664b92c1ee8cbe.png

Edited by JustSipping
formatting

Posted (edited)

-

Edited by yfiwylfi

Posted

if they don’t mind being called she and their birth name by their own mother why crucify every single person on the internet who they don’t even know who has called them she and her? and why make such a valiant effort to hide their birth name if it doesn’t bother them to hear it? seems like their social dysphoria is just as fake as their physical “babymaking” dysphoria. 

D3F644E1-0EDC-489F-9B9B-48C63D8038E8.jpeg

I honestly think that part wasnt true and it seems like its for opression points and sympathy much like them playing victim 24/7

Posted

I honestly think that part wasnt true and it seems like its for opression points and sympathy much like them playing victim 24/7

they will always believe that theyre the good person

34876F79-E300-460B-BFE5-177EC3492222.png

Posted

if they don’t mind being called she and their birth name by their own mother why crucify every single person on the internet who they don’t even know who has called them she and her? and why make such a valiant effort to hide their birth name if it doesn’t bother them to hear it? seems like their social dysphoria is just as fake as their physical “babymaking” dysphoria. 

D3F644E1-0EDC-489F-9B9B-48C63D8038E8.jpeg

How many lies could they possibly pack into one tweet? After reading the thread and getting caught up, it sounds like they’re either exaggerating or just flat out lying about the whole coming out.

I highly doubt a parent would just be like “okay” to someone coming out as nb, especially considering how confusing and easy to misunderstand it is. 

Honestly, gothfruits reminds me of the girls from high school who said they hated their small town life and wanted to move to LA to become famous without doing any work or being very talented. I personally dislike Rin because they seem very fake and pretty cocky.

Posted

How many lies could they possibly pack into one tweet? After reading the thread and getting caught up, it sounds like they’re either exaggerating or just flat out lying about the whole coming out.

I highly doubt a parent would just be like “okay” to someone coming out as nb, especially considering how confusing and easy to misunderstand it is. 

tbh I know a few nb friends that have come out to their parents with okay results (nothing amazing but nothing bad either). It can be a bit confusing but some parents are just open-minded and are willing to listen to explanations or be texted a website with resources or something, lots of new age parents like that. Not defending him but just my two cents

A lot of people like that are also single parents so I'm wondering about his mom now

Posted

i would honestly argue the opposite, especially in rin's case. he does nothing to live as a gender nonconforming person, let alone a masculine one; it's not like he's suddenly revealing he's changing his wardrobe, going on t, or getting reconstructive surgeries. i'm guessing what probably happened is rin tried to explain what he does and how he feels "'"differently"'" from other women and failed miserably. all his mom heard him say was "okay, so, i love makeup and fashion, but i don't plan on having kids with my boyfriend because the thought of pregnancy makes me uncomfortable" and his mom was perfectly fine with it, as most mothers should be unless they're hellbent on having grandkids or something. she sounds like a supportive, great mom, but i doubt she really had to understand anything new she didn't already know about rin.

Posted

So I've been looking for more tea on Rin and lolcow has our back https://lolcow.farm/snow/res/720444.html#720444 (scroll to end)

1545866310710.png

It's honestly so sad she thinks short hair makes a man. This is so stereotypical and anti anyhow GNC men. You can tell she had her armpits shaved, makeup to have perfect eyebrows (men tend to have messier, straighter eyebrows) and super skinny pants. Ofc no one will call this a man. Not to mention her obviously feminine facial bone structure. I'm trans, I'm also mad how hard it is to pass, but cutting your hair short doesn't do shit. Transitioned trans men will pass even with longest hair and tons of makeup, but don't expect to be anything else than a woman if you were born one and don't take any steps to transition (i.e. hrt or surgeries or even male-styled contouring)

97c88970ba5f04ca8d4c4bbdc8e6e45e.jpg

I'd say this is good representation what to do minus nose and under eyebrow highlight, because men tend to have lower set eyebrows and highlight under will rise it plus this nose contour will make your nose look smaller and more upturned while men tend to have bigger noses that are downturned.

maxresdefault.jpg

This is slightly better because they have darker shade under eyebrows which will bring them downwards, but I'm still unsure about nose. It's defo good to highlight top of nose because it makes it look bigger, but sides are going to narrow it down plus again, they're going for upturned. I think darker shade around nostrils could make it look sharper, but also bigger which would be a plus if you try to pass as masculine but still like makeup.

Posted

Anyone want to summarise this for everyone? I just don't think I can deal with the childishness and stupidity that they'll probably spew.

Posted (edited)

Anyone want to summarise this for everyone? I just don't think I can deal with the childishness and stupidity that they'll probably spew.

I just love how the video image is her in a less feminine makeup, but in the video she's basically in full on drag. She KNOWS she's hyperfeminine so she chose less feminine image for miniature. Anyway, I'll take the bullet and summarize. [my comments]

- she starts with using words like "motherfucker" and stuff I guess she's quirky owo like that

- says she made notes for this video

- video description says she's nonbinary boy. yes - not a man, but a boy. she's 20...

- says transtender is being trans for "shit and giggles' and says being trans is hard so why would anyone do that

- says she's been dealing with a lot of harassment (doesn't mention how she harasses other people)

- says definition of transgender is not identifying with your birth sex, doesn't talk on why she thinks she isn't a woman

- draws chart of scale from a man to a woman to show where she is and draws herself being in 75% male to explain why she's a nonbinary boy

- says she doesn't present as a girl but presents feminine [but does her makeup to enhance female characteristics like big eyes, small nose, plump lips so I don't get it, but k]

- says presentation has no correlation to her gender [but imo sex characteristics do and people already posted her saying she's fine with her breasts and vagina which is hardly 75% male but k]

- says LGBT community shouldn't fight [sure, let's allow everyone to identify as whatever they say they are even there is nothing to back it up, k]

- says having a vagina doesn't make her fake trans

- says gross shit like that we think to be trans you need to hate your body and be suicidal [imo she's fucking ableist against people with dysphoria, honestly fuck her]

- says she realized her gender didn't match at puberty

- says she couldn't even wipe after she peed

- says she didn't want to talk about her dysphoria previously because it's very personal

- says her dysphoria comes from her uterus and that she's uncomfortable with her periods [but it's not uncommon for cis women to have issues with the ability to be pregnant and how is this related to not wanting to wipe???]

- her body reacted badly to birth control and she switched to monthly birth control

- says she can live with her chest because she learnt that she won't be miserable due to dysphoria [again, ableist to dysphoric people]

- says people aren't any less trans due to having their birth-sex genitals or not doing hrt [but she's internet famous and seems to be able to manipulate her followers into giving her money so she could easily obtain money for transition but she's obviously afraid of having non-female body]

- acts like a brat with saying "mindshocker" and other stuff while seemingly talking about a serious topic

- says you can't say someone has no dysphoria [yet is in position where she could transition if she wanted to]

- says you can love your body without transition [so people who transition hate their bodies? ableist again]

- says it's harmful for trans youth to tell people they're fake

- talks about gender euphoria being valid [gender euphoria is basically only used by Blanchard who believes in autogynephilia etc, but k]

- says euphoria can cure dysphoria

- says trans people don't have to pass and talks how she tried to pass as masculine and knows she's going to get misgendered but doesn't care yet kept trying at the beginning about being called a woman

- says she doesn't care how general public perceives her [so why the whole video and rants on twitter?]

- says we need to stop gatekeeping [only politicians and medical personnel can gate keep, randoms on the internet can't stop you from anything, especially you as you don't even take any action to transition, wtf]

- says calling her a woman is internalized transphobia and that those people are transphobic

- again says she's strong and doesn't give a fuck if people come after her

- says she's bullied because she's feminine [no, you get "bullied" because you act like dysphoria can be cured if you love yourself and misinform people about what dysphoric people go through]

- complains that she can't get uterus surgery because she's too young and it's expensive

- says that people who go after her are miserable

- "fuck this note" - throws away her notes

- says you're trans if you're trans [what?]

- says people who go after her should suck a bag of dicks and are assholes

- says that if people experiment with their sexuality or gender but realize they're cishet it's fine [the only smart thing that came out of this rant]

- end it basically with saying fuck you to people who "invalidate" others

- says it's not her problem and it ends

Edited by peacock
update

Posted

oh man I got about 5 mins into this and I had to stop watching- it literally just the same shit they’ve been saying on twitter for the past week like we get it Rin😑😑

Posted

I just love how the video image is her in a less feminine makeup, but in the video she's basically in full on drag. She KNOWS she's hyperfeminine so she chose less feminine image for miniature. Anyway, I'll take the bullet and summarize. [my comments]

- she starts with using words like "motherfucker" and stuff I guess she's quirky owo like that

- says she made notes for this video

- video description says she's nonbinary boy. yes - not a man, but a boy. she's 20...

- says transtender is being trans for "shit and giggles' and says being trans is hard so why would anyone do that

- says she's been dealing with a lot of harassment (doesn't mention how she harasses other people)

- says definition of transgender is not identifying with your birth sex, doesn't talk on why she thinks she isn't a woman

- draws chart of scale from a man to a woman to show where she is and draws herself being in 75% male to explain why she's a nonbinary boy

- says she doesn't present as a girl but presents feminine [but does her makeup to enhance female characteristics like big eyes, small nose, plump lips so I don't get it, but k]

- says presentation has no correlation to her gender [but imo sex characteristics do and people already posted her saying she's fine with her breasts and vagina which is hardly 75% male but k]

- says LGBT community shouldn't fight [sure, let's allow everyone to identify as whatever they say they are even there is nothing to back it up, k]

- says having a vagina doesn't make her fake trans

- says gross shit like that we think to be trans you need to hate your body and be suicidal [imo she's fucking ableist against people with dysphoria, honestly fuck her]

- says she realized her gender didn't match at puberty

- says she couldn't even wipe after she peed

- says she didn't want to talk about her dysphoria previously because it's very personal

- says her dysphoria comes from her uterus and that she's uncomfortable with her periods [but it's not uncommon for cis women to have issues with the ability to be pregnant and how is this related to not wanting to wipe???]

- her body reacted badly to birth control and she switched to monthly birth control

- says she can live with her chest because she learnt that she won't be miserable due to dysphoria [again, ableist to dysphoric people]

- says people aren't any less trans due to having their birth-sex genitals or not doing hrt [but she's internet famous and seems to be able to manipulate her followers into giving her money so she could easily obtain money for transition but she's obviously afraid of having non-female body]

- acts like a brat with saying "mindshocker" and other stuff while seemingly talking about a serious topic

- says you can't say someone has no dysphoria [yet is in position where she could transition if she wanted to]

- says you can love your body without transition [so people who transition hate their bodies? ableist again]

- says it's harmful for trans youth to tell people they're fake

- talks about gender euphoria being valid [gender euphoria is basically only used by Blanchard who believes in autogynephilia etc, but k]

- says euphoria can cure dysphoria

- says trans people don't have to pass and talks how she tried to pass as masculine and knows she's going to get misgendered but doesn't care yet kept trying at the beginning about being called a woman

- says she doesn't care how general public perceives her [so why the whole video and rants on twitter?]

- says we need to stop gatekeeping [only politicians and medical personnel can gate keep, randoms on the internet can't stop you from anything, especially you as you don't even take any action to transition, wtf]

- says calling her a woman is internalized transphobia and that those people are transphobic

- again says she's strong and doesn't give a fuck if people come after her

- says she's bullied because she's feminine [no, you get "bullied" because you act like dysphoria can be cured if you love yourself and misinform people about what dysphoric people go through]

- complains that she can't get uterus surgery because she's too young and it's expensive

- says that people who go after her are miserable

- "fuck this note" - throws away her notes

- says you're trans if you're trans [what?]

- says people who go after her should suck a bag of dicks and are assholes

- says that if people experiment with their sexuality or gender but realize they're cishet it's fine [the only smart thing that came out of this rant]

- end it basically with saying fuck you to people who "invalidate" others

- says it's not her problem and it ends

i was just about to make a summary on this and yours is so much greater omg

someone literally censored kalvin’s name i’m WHEEEEZZING

BA453A8A-386B-435F-92A6-A1C2B62059C0.jpeg

Posted (edited)

mmhmhmhm thoughts

* I don't think Rin even understands what a transtrender is... They go on about how it "doesn't exist" or that ppl pretend to be trans for "shits and giggles" but a lot of it isn't just that. It's people who claim to be trans when they are probably somewhere else (like just non gender conforming i g, stuff like that)
Calling yourself trans* when you are not and just don't fit the expected idea of a gender is toxic for actual trans people, it's dumb to not ackowledge that at all

* I think using the f <-> m scale and put nb on that scale in the middle isn't a right representation, because it means you'd still expect nb to fall on the scale of female or male. To me it should fall outside of the scale, meaning you truly do not fit either and that also mean you're not "nb boy" or "nb girl" bc you're not on that scale at all. That's my opinion so ymmy of course

* I'm very uncomfortable with how they say they present feminine and not female. Presenting as to do with how you want to be seen to the outside world, I think, and Rin presents as feminine with typical girl fashion and features. This reads as female to MANY people who don't know them, which means (to me at least) that it is presenting as female.
"Of course I'm gonna get misgendered, I look like this * waves at face * " so they agree they look like... a girl? so female? 

* They focus a lot on genitalia when going into detail about being trans and not transition. That's a very skewed view of transition -- transitioning goes into passing or at least presenting. Genitalia is usually hidden so ofc trans* can have their birth genitalia but like socially speaking this is not what defines them -- it's the gender they present themselves as which matters (I'm not saying passing) and they are recognizing as that matters I'd say

I don't wish to go further with their vid bc they just sound very uneducated and not even wishing to understand the toxicity of going around saying you're trans and presenting yourself as very gender conforming. 

There's nothing wrong with what Rin is doing imho -- being nb and still dwelling in feminine things -- but don't grasp at straws pretending to be oppressed because you're not. At least own up to it, "It's true I look like a girl and I pass as one, but I don't identify as female" is a simple admission. 

edit: ok im still watching it bc i hate myself but 

Rin argues a lot about the same things, "People are so hateful saying I don't pass but don't let people say that to you!! You are valid! You can experiment!" and to me it's just about being gender non conforming rather than trans. A lot of cis people are gender non conforming. 

edit b: to clear things up I identify as non binary so like, I've done a lot of thinking about it. I thought I was trans for a while, and my views of transness are personal so I'm open to anyone who wants to chat tbh but I do rely on them when speaking about this sort of thing

Edited by buruberi

Posted

Rin’s handling of the situation may not be the best, but wouldn’t it still be best to respect his pronouns? It seems a little rude to me that some people aren’t respecting his pronouns just because they think he is a transtrended. Unless he strictly says to use she/her pronouns, I don’t think it’s a good look for y’all to keep using she/her pronouns for him. But that’s just my 2c.