• Announcements

• Be a moderator! & Reports Announcement   03/07/19

We're aware that PULL needs more moderation and attention, so we're actively looking to expand our mod crew! If you're a regular user and intend to stay this way, then rest assured that we're working on improving PULL for you. In order to do this, we rely on user reports, so I'd like to take this opportunity to ask everyone to report posts you think break a rule, disrupt discussion or shouldn't be allowed.  There is absolutely no concern over getting too many reports - we get a handful of reports per week. More reports would be great because it helps us figure out how our users want the forum to be - leaving criticism in threads doesn't make it easy for mods to find your opinions. Furthermore, don't worry about being a "snitch" or too harsh - a report doesn't mean action will be taken, that's up to the mods. A report really only tells us to look at the comment and to gauge the community atmosphere. Often times, peer pressure or established community atmosphere will dictate the direction a thread takes, and criticizing certain posts can be uncomfortable or downright futile when the majority disagrees with your view. This leads to groupthink and degradation of thread quality because the loudest/most active users get their way. So reporting is a way to quickly and anonymously (to other users) give feedback to the moderators. If we don't get this feedback, we think everyone's happy and there's no need for change. So use this feature as much as you'd like to help shape PULL into a more constructive community again. If you'd like to be a moderator: Click here for the application form.  

rin / gothfruits

1951 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

3BE95485-5A30-42FA-A8BC-EDD717284396.thu

Rin is a 20 year old youtuber/ makeup enthusiast on instagram. Rin began gaining popularity in the past year as a result of his colorful and unique makeup looks. He identifies as non-binary and goes by he/them pronouns

INSTAGRAM: gothfruits

YOUTUBE: gothfruits

TWITTER: gothfruits

I think Rin is a very refreshing addition in the instagram makeup community!! He’s very honest and funny and he and his bf are very cute together! I haven’t heard of any drama with him, and he seems to stay in his own lane for the most part.

Edited by newleaf

Posted

they annoy me. maybe i just have internalized transphobic views but they seem like a transtrender.

Posted

seconding rin!

Posted

He's super cute tbh, from what I've seen before he seems really genuine. I agree about him being refreshing!

Posted

I agree we should have a thread on them. I have some screenshot that proves how bad their makeup looks in real life. 

Posted

Rin is great, he seems to be always super down to earth and unfiltered (but not in a bad way) and I really like his looks!

Posted

I love Rin. I wish more makeup companies took note of him and sponsored him.

Posted

Tbh I really love Rin, finally someone who's non-binary and doesn't act like a cringy, SJW Tumblrite.

Posted

I agree we should have a thread on them. I have some screenshot that proves how bad their makeup looks in real life. 

well, would you please post them? this person doesn't seem to have any drama surrounding them, but I always love to see bad makeup lol. 

Posted

well, would you please post them? this person doesn't seem to have any drama surrounding them, but I always love to see bad makeup lol. 

here is one from a video TUTORIAL they posted. As you can see its uneven, tacky, and they also seem incapable of doing lewks that dont use at least 3 bright colors from the rainbow. He seems to rely on crazy lashes to hide the issues. I think that if you want to go into cRaZY looks maybe learn to pick up a blending brush and make ur two eyes match but idk maybe it's just me

Screenshot_20181021-182116_YouTube.jpg

Posted

tbh I don't see what the issue is with that. rin is a beauty influencer, not a professional MUA. they got popular because of the unusual/unconventional looks they do, i dont think there's anything wrong with not having flawless technique. the only thing that bothers me with this look is what looks like overlining on the top lip, but this is a screenshot from a video so maybe it looks okay from other angles.

Posted (edited)

here is one from a video TUTORIAL they posted. As you can see its uneven, tacky, and they also seem incapable of doing lewks that dont use at least 3 bright colors from the rainbow. He seems to rely on crazy lashes to hide the issues. I think that if you want to go into cRaZY looks maybe learn to pick up a blending brush and make ur two eyes match but idk maybe it's just me

I honestly don’t see anything wrong with this. Rin’s style has always been about fun, bright, and tacky colors. I agree with blending eyeshadow for certain looks, but I don’t think his eyeshadow looks bad unblended. I would never wear my makeup like this, but it’s a fun idea in terms of creativity. Was this the final look, or was this the middle of the video? It’s hard to tell by the screenshot since it is mid sentence. 

EDIT: Nevermind, I found the video lol. I think Rin’s eyeliner looks like it’s a little wonky, but other than that I think the look is fine. Once again, not my style, but I think it’s a fun look if you’re into that sort of style (not sure what it would be called). 

3903D70F-3FCE-4701-829D-FF22326577CA.thuCAF46702-31C6-444A-91E7-C85882C10092.thu

Edited by SadBlythe
I was having a super hard time getting a screenshot where Rin wasn’t talking

Posted

tbh I don't see what the issue is with that. rin is a beauty influencer, not a professional MUA. they got popular because of the unusual/unconventional looks they do, i dont think there's anything wrong with not having flawless technique. the only thing that bothers me with this look is what looks like overlining on the top lip, but this is a screenshot from a video so maybe it looks okay from other angles.

Not trying to come off as agressive or anything, but if you look at the green you will notice on one side it is much bigger (dont know how to word it?) than on the other. It's a pretty basic thing too. I dont hate them but I don't think their makeup skills are good enough to make tutorials.

Posted

Idk why he thinks it’s okay to complain about white people but then change it to “THOSE white people”.

its like saying “god the blacks are back at it again. I’m not racist, I dont mean all blacks are bad, it’s just u know, THOSE blacks”

i get that he doesnt mean it to be of any ill-will, but it still sucks. 

Different topic:

Also I dont get how Rin is actually of latino desceant, I used to think he was Korean or something. I see many similar traits to the asians than to someone who is latino

Posted (edited)

Different topic:

Also I dont get how Rin is actually of latino desceant, I used to think he was Korean or something. I see many similar traits to the asians than to someone who is latino

Rin’s last name is Rodriguez and his parents are Mexican. He mentions this in his first YouTube video. 

Before anyone argues with me, I’m using the American definition of Latino. I’ve already had an argument over the definition on the Bella Thorne thread lol.

Edited by SadBlythe