• Announcements

• Official PULL Discord! (Updated)   01/14/19

Hi Everyone!  We've opened up an official discord. In order to join, you need to have posted at least 20 comments on PULL! This is to make sure we don't let in any flakes with ulterior motives. After joining, you will receive a DM with instructions on how to get verified! Also, your registration date needs to be earlier than December 2018 so that we don't get a ton of people signing up only to join the Discord but without actually contributing to PULL. Drop by and chat here: https://discord.gg/KDF2kt5 Also, we need to upgrade our server in the very near future. PULL grows bigger by the day (yay!) but  to handle the load, we need upgrades. For less than the cost of what you spend on Netflix, we can continue to host your content. Whether it's $1 or $5 a month, all gifts are appreciated. Please consider giving here: https://www.patreon.com/PULL We've also added a gofundme link: https://www.gofundme.com/PULLnet Thank you for your continued love and support!

General bts discussion

24 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Idk whether this exists or not but I’m making one becuase I need attention lol

this is stuff like opinions, theories and just a general discussion thread? Idk

Have fun

lemme start: love yourself series wasn’t the best and tbh I kinda like that it’s ending 

Edited by Denoted

Posted

lemme start: love yourself series wasn’t the best and tbh I kinda like that it’s ending 

True, I haven't really liked most of their new music since YNWA :alpacasad:Her was probably my least favorite album (I only liked 3 songs). Tear was better, though I'm still a bit "eh" about The Truth Untold and So What. I think part of it was the track order. 

Posted

True, I haven't really liked most of their new music since YNWA :alpacasad:Her was probably my least favorite album (I only liked 3 songs). Tear was better, though I'm still a bit "eh" about The Truth Untold and So What. I think part of it was the track order. 

AGREEEE

i want to prefer tear but I actually think that the her songs are more chill. fake love was a bit better than dna. and her is a pretty weird album for me, it's the only album I know where the title track is my least favourite song😂

Posted

their fans are gonna be their downfall, especially their western fans

Posted

I do agree with that, especially since more and more western fans are starting to behave like sasaengs. I want to blame it on the young demographic, but it's becoming an overall phenomenon for all age groups. 

Posted

I do agree with that, especially since more and more western fans are starting to behave like sasaengs. I want to blame it on the young demographic, but it's becoming an overall phenomenon for all age groups. 

Yeah it's kinda sad, but its obvious that army's give them a bad rep and I won't be surprised if they do become their downfall especially western fans because they have this weird complex with them and think they're the best group in the world and can do no wrong, which usually leads to them attacking anyone who doesn't like them and a lot of nonkpop fans don't even want to get into kpop because of that. Also, it's ridiculous how many gorwn people are behaving so immature and sending threats etc to people who don't like them. 

Posted

Don't think so. K-fandom is too strong and well reputated. Usually the annoying ones aren't core fans so they're gonna drop out of the fandom once they find their shiny new boy band to obsess over. I've seen equally toxic or worse fandoms of other artists but that never really affected the artists themselves lmao Justin Bieber is still doing fine. 1D did fine despite their fandom. Ariana Grande, Beyonce, Nicki Minaj, Super Junior, EXO are still doing fine.

Besides no matter how much the public will try to avoid listening to BTS (or any group with shitty fans), the fans will make up for that loss. If you look at Melon and other charts usually the GP skip through boy groups which is why fans stream harder. 

BTS is a Korean group so while it's great they're doing well overseas, what's important is that they do well in Korea. GOT7, Monsta X, KARD (idk how their overseas fandom is like anymore) is extremely popular overseas but they haven't gotten much recognition in Korea. Overseas achievement are nice but there's gotta be that push from Korea that makes a group really successful. 

Posted

I find it funny that once BTS became popular in the US other major companies send their idol group overseas in attempt to ride their coat tails. Such as nct and monsta x.

Posted

I find it funny that once BTS became popular in the US other major companies send their idol group overseas in attempt to ride their coat tails. Such as nct and monsta x.

the worst part is that those other bands seem to be trying SOOOO HARD to become the next viral thing in the US , like when snsd tried to push The Boys into the us market like... yea no thx.

Posted

Really? I saw it more as other companies and even western companies finally beginning to acknowledge the popularity of kpop in the west. 

Posted

Really? I saw it more as other companies and even western companies finally beginning to acknowledge the popularity of kpop in the west. 

same here, also, a lot of them were overseas before BTS like,  way way before, even girl groups. and yall can act like PSY is a meme but he really made kpop global recently, no hate to bts but fans making it like every other group is copying them is the reason i dropped them. that and their recent music sucks. fake love is ok but idol screams waka waka and world cup like, miss me with that shit (which i hate cause the message is p nice ngl) 

Posted

same here, also, a lot of them were overseas before BTS like,  way way before, even girl groups. and yall can act like PSY is a meme but he really made kpop global recently, no hate to bts but fans making it like every other group is copying them is the reason i dropped them. that and their recent music sucks. fake love is ok but idol screams waka waka and world cup like, miss me with that shit (which i hate cause the message is p nice ngl) 

thank you

Posted

literally one of the reasons why it took me so long to come out of the "BTS closet".... seriously armys need to fucking chill. Not everyone is copying bts, not everyone is "afraid" of bts, they aren't pioneers in the american market, they are NOT gods and no, not everyone should stan them so sit the fuck down and let people enjoy things.

I love bts but i don't want (and certainly don't need) to see stupid comments saying "OmG wHeRe R mY aRMyS aT?!" in LITERALLY every video i click on, specially if it's completely unrelated.

Posted

yeah i agree. Companys dont relize they need to work to get their fame. Not saying they need to make them work more but let them work at their own pace and over the years they will slowly but surely get famous worldwide

Posted

literally one of the reasons why it took me so long to come out of the "BTS closet".... seriously armys need to fucking chill. Not everyone is copying bts, not everyone is "afraid" of bts, they aren't pioneers in the american market, they are NOT gods and no, not everyone should stan them so sit the fuck down and let people enjoy things.

I love bts but i don't want (and certainly don't need) to see stupid comments saying "OmG wHeRe R mY aRMyS aT?!" in LITERALLY every video i click on, specially if it's completely unrelated.

now they're accusing EXO of copying run BTS cause obv there were no reality/variety shows before btw. things that bts invented: literally the entire world apparently lol. 

you know that they left nasty comments on Monsta X's I.M. and Hyungwon's cover of "Fake Love"...a song by DRAKE. that is around a year or so old? I'm guessing Drake also copied BTS by time traveling and using the same name lmfao.

yeah i agree. Companys dont relize they need to work to get their fame. Not saying they need to make them work more but let them work at their own pace and over the years they will slowly but surely get famous worldwide

yall really don't see how annoying you are when you say stuff like this huh? for example, you do know both parties have to agree before a group goes to the US? like...the group's company and the host of the show they wanna be on? 

also, no one would give 2 sh....about your favs if it wasn't for groups like Wonder Girls, BigBang or, as I said before, Psy the dude himself. 

p.s. a lot of groups, like GOT7 and Monsta X for example, are way more famous overseas compared to Korea, which is also one of the reasons they don't get as many awards, cause not all international fans can stream on Melon or vote on their apps.