• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Sondos Al Qattan

11 posts in this topic

Posted

Sondos Al Qattan

Instagram // Twitter // Youtube

Image result for sondos al qattan

Sondos Al Qattan is an influencer from Kuwait with over 2 million followers on instagram. She was mostly popular in Gulf Arab countries for posting photos of her outfits and makeup looks but recently she's become notorious among Filipinos for complaining about recent law changes in Kuwait that give more rights to domestic workers. 

Some comments she has made on the Filipino workers:

20180721_194341.thumb.jpg.fcaff87e06b99b

Here is the video of her in Arabic that caused the whole controversy: https://youtu.be/K8wBtk9G5Ks 

For a quick introduction, Philip Defranco talked about the situation on his 7/24/2018 show:

The reason for posting this on PULL is because I remember the incident when Lily May Mac was exposed for tweeting some pretty racist things and everyone ganged together to tag her sponsors and end her career. I was hoping we would do the same to this lady. What she said and what she represents is downright sickening, the only thing that would stop enabling these people is if we hurt them where it matters to them the most -their wallet. Are there any Arabic speakers here who could contact people she works with? From what I seen, she works with Anastasia Beverly Hills so we could start with that. 

Posted

I stopped following her because she’d post hours of boring snaps and it was annoying. Get a vlog channel. I’m not shocked at what she said either, unfortunately there are Arabs who will agree with her. It’s horrible. 

Posted

What a nasty person she must be! 

One day off is not enough! However, don't muslims also have a 7th day to rest? I'm not very familiar with most of my own bible, but im sure it says God rested on the 7th day and made it holy. 

I do expect many people in her country would oppose that law, but most of them surely don't influence others so publicly. and if she doesnt want a Filipina to work for her, i'm sure the feeling is mutual too. 

poor Filipinas working in those countries. im happy the government pushes for this law, but i do wonder how many employers would keep it? [topic for a different discussion, though].

Posted

He talked about it today in his vid 

Posted

I’m glad Phil talked about it, but she’s only one of millions that share this opinion in the Gulf. Nothing will change, people will just say Westerners are jealous because they can’t “afford” maids. 9_9

Posted

shes honestly trash. she used to be a famous fashionista in my country until she started spouting bullshit like this. shes not well liked because she has a lot of beef with other celebs and her fans.

Posted

I personally don't get what her hype is about. Her looks are pretty average IMO and she generally has a very backwards attitude. It was just a matter of time until people like her got exposed. Shame on her, nothing justifies what she said!

Posted

What a nasty person she must be! 

One day off is not enough! However, don't muslims also have a 7th day to rest? I'm not very familiar with most of my own bible, but im sure it says God rested on the 7th day and made it holy. 

I do expect many people in her country would oppose that law, but most of them surely don't influence others so publicly. and if she doesnt want a Filipina to work for her, i'm sure the feeling is mutual too. 

poor Filipinas working in those countries. im happy the government pushes for this law, but i do wonder how many employers would keep it? [topic for a different discussion, though].

Not rest as in day off, but we usually have Jumaah prayer every Friday which all men are required to stop working and go to the mosque. Also in many Muslim countries, businesses stop around prayer time 5 times a day. 

This lady is not at all a religious figure, just because she wears a scarf on her head doesn't mean she's a representation of what a Muslimah should act like.

Posted (edited)

Damn she got what she deserved

EDIT: after I posted that screenshot MAC announced on twitter that they're dropping her ass too

Screenshot_20180725-120116_Instagram.jpg

Edited by spicypoop
More tea to share

Posted

Glad these brands are dropping this trash. I’ve honestly never heard of her before all of this, but my god she’s absolutely disgusting. And that backwards “apology” she posted honestly pissed me off but also laugh. She sounds like a total narcissist. “I’m glad you’re saying I’m beautiful on the outside” blah blah blah. Like what bitch???

I highly doubt she’ll change her opinions and think she’s ever done anything wrong.

Posted

Not rest as in day off, but we usually have Jumaah prayer every Friday which all men are required to stop working and go to the mosque. Also in many Muslim countries, businesses stop around prayer time 5 times a day. 

This lady is not at all a religious figure, just because she wears a scarf on her head doesn't mean she's a representation of what a Muslimah should act like.

I haven't been around for some time. Thank you for explaining all that. I figured she's not a good example of a Muslimah, even with a scarf on. ;)