• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Simply_Kenna/cozykitsune [Thread 4]

7252 posts in this topic

Posted

My sorry ass reading all this delicious tea:coffee.thumb.gif.fcfdbd11e8704832727020c 

I think this just goes to show anything of value that comes from Kenna's profiles are either directly from outside parties or lifted from them. 

Posted (edited)

So, I've returned with my receipts!  I'm sorry for popping in here only to vanish for a few days.  Christmas was hectic for me, and I had to work a bunch after that.  Admittedly I was not expecting you folks to be so hung up waiting on my tea, since I didn't give any hints as to what it was yet.  Initially I thought it should just go in a video for massive exposure.  But, since youtube videos can be removed, I've decided it should go in this thread first and foremost.  This is my first time posting in any sort of forum in ages, so sorry if this is badly formatted!

I convinced Kenna to make her apology in August of 2017, and drafted it for her.  I was and am a complete stranger to her.  My motivation was just curiosity, really.  Haven't you guys seen a youtuber you used to watch get into some serious shit and thought:  If they just nailed the perfect apology, could they turn their career around?  Kenna seemed like a perfect target to attempt this with.  I tried my best to word my emails to her in a way that would make her want to go along with my suggestions.  I also told some white lies, like claiming to be a successful kawaii blogger, so she would assume I'd have some sort of authority on this issue. 

I did NOT contact her with the motivation to ever show these screenshots.  Actually, I fully believed she could turn things around and change.  As you can see, I've waited a very long time to spill the beans.  Waiting and watching, and getting increasingly annoyed at her lies and just overall attitude towards her followers.  I was also annoyed at her claiming to have "paid her dues" with the apology video, considering she didn't write it and has been a pretty unkind person all the while.  Like, I basically gave her a get out of jail free card, and she squandered her opportunity to fix peoples perception of her.  I also often see her fans use the (now deleted) apology as a reason to defend her.  I always wonder how they would feel if they knew that the apology was 100% insincere.  So... Here we are.  This will be lengthy.  I'll try to put the images under a spoiler once I figure out how.

kenna_receipt_1.thumb.png.12cbd5e450102a

kenna_receipt_2.thumb.png.290d00ed016bc8

kenna_receipt_3.thumb.png.8b4e49f7261d71

kenna_receipt_4.thumb.png.c2715a49525a0a

kenna_receipt_5.thumb.png.d9758ec4f6b3cf

kenna_receipt_6.thumb.png.fa2826dcd23f6e

kenna_receipt_7.thumb.png.953bd2cd4f65c0

kenna_receipt_8.thumb.png.39a8628793bcb3

kenna_receipt_9.thumb.png.92853a6e174298

kenna_receipt_10.thumb.png.0c8215f0c3d85

Don't worry, I believe you didn't initially intend to post it; the time alone made me think so and I do like to give the benefit of the doubt - which is also probably my problem here. I've given her a lot of the benefit of the doubt before, and this makes me question some some of that. I guess i'm just not sure what to think? It feels wrong, but it has a good point at the same time.

Thank you for replying though!

Edit sorry! I think I quoted the wrong thing somehow. I'm still trying to figure everything out here

Edited by avocadosushirolls

Posted (edited)

OK. I'm gonna say it... Downvote away from this point on.

I think this so-called "tea" is so damn cold and crusty I would just toss it down the sink and start a fresh. This ain't it. None of this is stuff we don't know already and I'm convinced all the people reacting like this is some revolutionary shit are just joining the "heheh teaaaaa1!" circlejerk.

I agree with the person above that says this borders on entrapment. You pretended to be her friend, offered her advice, she took it and then you decided to use it against her. Was she lazy in her apology by taking someone else's suggested format? Sure. But I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt that she believed this was the right thing to do at the time: someone offered her an outsiders perspective of how she could approach the subject and she ran with it. You can critisise her all you want for that, it's kinda snakey. But I'm similarly side-eyeing the OP for equal snakiness.

In short, this "tea" isn't revolutionary or worth the read and considering how hyped it was, it was dead af.

Edited by Joonce

Posted (edited)

Hey, really new here and REALLY scared to post this because it's definitely gonna sound like a wk, but this kind of... rubs me the wrong way? Not that I think this isn't real, but guiding someone so directly in this way all while acknowledging the manipulative way it sounds (again, in NO WAY trying to imply you are manipulative) feels kind of entrapment-y to me, if that makes sense? Of course, going along with it does show some bad judgement on Kenna's part, but... I guess my take is that if you lead a thirsty horse to water, how can you expect it to NOT drink?

I dunno. I hope I haven't offended op, nor come across as wk-like. It definitely doesn't disregard what tea has been revealed -- like I said, she made a bad call in using someone else's apology outline -- it just concerns me a little bit. 

I don't think you're wk-ing. I understand your perspective because the first time I read it I thought "she reached out for some advice,big deal". The part that rubs me the wrong way is her straight up saying she doesn't think she did anything wrong and that she only apologized to diffuse the situation. 

OK. I'm gonna say it... Downvote away from this point on.

I think this so-called "tea" is so damn cold and crusty I would just toss it down the sink and start a fresh. This ain't it. None of this is stuff we don't know already and I'm convinced all the people reacting like this is some revolutionary shit are just joining the "heheh teaaaaa1!" circlejerk.

I agree with the person above that says this borders on entrapment. You pretended to be her friend, offered her advice, she took it and then you decided to use it against her. Was she lazy in her apology by taking someone else's suggested format? Sure. But I'm going to give her the benefit of the doubt that she believed this was the right thing to do at the time: someone offered her an outsiders perspective of how she could approach the subject and she ran with it. You can critisise her all you want for that, it's kinda snakey. But I'm similarly side-eyeing the OP for equal snakiness.

In short, this "tea" isn't revolutionary or worth the read and considering how hyped it was, it was dead af.

I do agree that there's not much to be done with this information. 

Edited by pistachiyo

Posted (edited)

personally i think that although the whole thing was a tad shady, it doesn’t change the fact that kenna has been hiding behind an apology that was never truly hers to begin with and one she didn’t mean. these receipts did a good job of exposing that.

tbh i agree that she probably did what she thought best at the time and op did admit it was a little manipulative on their part but the fact that she continues to claim that she’s ‘paid her dues’ and use this insincere apology as an excuse whenever someone calls her out on not changing her behaviour is problematic. she’s had more than enough time and opportunities since then to change for the better but she never took any of those, and at this point i kind of doubt that she would have even if the emails hadn’t been exposed.

it speaks volumes that she chose to take advice even when it was made clear that it was manipulative towards her audience rather than really reflect on her actions and give a genuine response when she received criticism. she really doesn’t think that she did anything wrong.  

Edited by sleepycat