• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Simply_Kenna/cozykitsune [Thread 4]

7252 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

ikr I don't know where she got the idea to call this dress lolita cause it ain't lolita fam. And I'm guessing she got it from some cheap cosplay shop in Harajuku that like to monopolise on forigeners not knowing shit about lolita fashion(eg, clearly our lovely McKenna) And lol I would have loved to have seen Kenna come home with like some AP or AATP $200 dress just to sell it to her minions who know shit all about lolita for like $300 ūüėā

I don't even know if a cosplay shop would release that kind of shit quality dress. Most of the cosplay shops in that area are pricy I think and tend to release decent quality stuff. Japanese cosplayers tend to be pretty concerned over quality. I've seen them taking photos over in odaiba and while I don't recognize the characters, their costumes certainly don't look cheap.

I sasaw that yesstyle has "lolita" dresses as well and while I wasn't able to find a photo of the exact dress, I saw dresses that appeared to be of similar quality and price range. It's very possible she gotit on yesstyle and lied knowing that it would sell better if it was from JaPaN. 

Edited by Sugi

Posted

I vaguely recall her getting the bag but I'm not sure if it was a Japan haul either. 

I feel like it must've been in a Japan haul at some point cause I swear I remember her talking about how the clear plastic had glitter in it and everyone in Japan (read: Harajuku) was walking around with them?

But yep looks like she deleted the video it should be right between her Japan Chronicles 2 and the first sewing video I think so I guess the evidence has been destroyed :P

Also so ironic that half the stuff she sold had been in haul or favourites videos before, like I remember the toy story dress and a bunch of gunne sax style dresses were in that same haul and she was talking about how she loved them and was going to wear them so much and then literally a week later her "aesthetic" changed, she never wore them again and now she's selling them.

Honestly I'm suprised I was expecting her to go back to her pink sakura disney fairy phase (and all those clothes that she SUPER LOVED SO MUCH) since she will be living in Japan during the right season again but I guess she's either going to do something else (probably equally cringe) or she feels the need to buy all fresh stuff because heaven forbid she wear the same clothes two years running??

I mean MAYBE you could argue it's practical because she can just buy new stuff there and won't have to pack multiple seasons worth of clothes in her suitcase but i dunno. I mean she is shipping stuff over anyway she could use her clothes to pad out fragile items and not use so much packaging?

side note do any "real/normal" people actually have such drastically different wardrobes for every season??? cause I swear it's just Kenna (and maybe Lunestelle and people who want to be like them)... like I know some influencers/youtubers who have different colours for different seasons but even they still have their basic pieces remain the same and just swap out certain seasonal things.

Posted (edited)

I knew it looked familiar, at first glance I thought it was Kenna lmao. 

maybe this is a reach but those earrings do look a lot like the "gypsy fawn" ones kenna once advertised...

(btw when are we gonna make a lunestelle thread im DYING for one)

il_fullxfull.1081260263_h3jd.thumb.jpg.1il_fullxfull.1151041172_6o6h.thumb.jpg.4

Edited by ShadeQueen101
:)

Posted

maybe this is a reach but those earrings do look a lot like the "gypsy fawn" ones kenna once advertised...

Hidden Content

There is a Lunestelle thread! In online personalities. Im a noob so idk how to link. 

Posted (edited)

Hidden Content

oh, she has one under the onlie personality section. 

Here

I believe she said shes gonna stick to neutral colours from now on because she likes those colours best and that its easiest to make outfits from. 

Edited by Kimplysenna

Posted

Hidden Content

She looks so pretty here. What a stark contrast to the lifeless beige caricature she's become.

Posted (edited)

There is a Lunestelle thread! In online personalities. Im a noob so idk how to link. 

I don't have much dirt with Lunestelle beside that she copies Kenna. I know that the previous aesthetic Kenna had wasn't unique to her, that other people have that too... But theres a difference between being inspired by and straight of copying. 

I had fallowed other IG accounts with similar aesthetic who some had the same Kenna's fairy thing going on and some had their own YouTube channels. Accounts like anna_shishmanov and YouTube channel sleepycharlotte, whose YouTube aren't as well known as Lunestelle or Kenna's (though sleepycharlotte has 5k subs) and I seen Belle comment and support Charlotte's channel, apperently back when she had reached 2,000 subs. 

The other girls I found who had similar aesthetic, like the two I mentioned, (and few others) are sweet and caring and personalities more authentic. They break away from the frame that if you have Kenna's aesthetic then you must be a snowflake. But that's just my opinion 

Edited by LaDoncella

Posted

I know we have probably discussed this earlier in the thread but I wish Kenna would support ethically sourced clothing rather than supporting fast fashion like yesstyle to her followers. I know everyone can’t afford to shop ethically (hell I can’t but I thrift A LOT or use depop to get most of my clothing :alpacaworry2:) but if she showed that she AT LEAST cared and got her followers to look into it she would be seen as someone who gives a damn but we all know she doesn’t. She just wants to get money for promoting a company rather than make videos like she used to and get her income through that. 

Posted

she really should have steamed those clothes before taking photos instead of making those tags for shipping 

Posted (edited)

Queen of subtlety 

Also is it me or have her bangs been looking a bit funky lately

7F916DF0-032A-415C-A3A0-3E625E0AC793.png

Edited by PlanetVenus

Posted

Queen of subtlety 

Also is it me or have her bangs been looking a bit funky lately

7F916DF0-032A-415C-A3A0-3E625E0AC793.png

does she even wear her black ring? I was curious a while back and before she deleted all her photos, the only pics she had wearing/mentioning it were during pride/awareness days. Even in her attempt and vlogging and that new Yesstyle haul she wasn’t wearing it. 

Posted

wait y'all hold on how did no one mention this???!

(long time lurker I posted like once before but hhad to post this because like...I was waiting for someone to mention it lmao)

"if you're curvy or tall, unlike me because i am speshul and tiny and smol, sad face, you won't fit into any of these"

Which, given the measurements and how a lot of the dresses are long, I'm fairly certain someone's height wouldn't be a problem? 

Also last thing, I fit into US shoe size 7 to 7 1/2 and I'm 5'5. I know a girl ( and omg she's a little shorter than 4'11 how is that possible???) and she's size 5. I get that we're all unique and have a variety of different sized body parts but I have a hard time believing Kenna is that short. Her feet would look humongous, but they're actually pretty proportionate so.... hmmmmm....

anyways back to lurking in the dark i go

Screenshot_20181211-085146_1.jpg

jesus she can't do anything without being offensive as shit can she. just post ur clothes and go.

also i'm 5'8-5'9 and i wear a size 7 shoe so idk if that's reliable. i def don't think kenna is as short as she wishes she was, but i wouldn't use her shoe size as evidence. 

Posted

Kennas big ass feet don't mean she has to be tall. I don't think it needs any speculation wether she is 4'11 or 5'0 is such a small thing to have debates over and doesn't change the fact she's still a mean, uneducated, untalented, special snowflake.

Posted

i just took this for fun and...... knuckles is quaking rn lmfao. guess shes not so speschul anymore

lmao.jpeg