• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Cosplay personalities

763 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Posting this new cringe fest here. Cosplayer Katie George aka KatieCosplays on Insta decided sharing this story was a good idea.

She has since deleted all of the story but luckily a twitter user got caps before she could. Post is image heavy!

Hidden Content

I love how her story changes from "so i threw my matcha tea on him" to "half a cup of water (with a tiny bit of matcha in it)" after getting backlash.

I unfollowed her a long time ago after she posted this gross yellowfever gem and luckily someone else had a cap of it to remind me it actually happened so I can share it here lol

Hidden Content

I mean literally, my brother is dating a japanese girl i cant wait to be an aunt to a halfu?? what the f is that  

(i was reading the PULL threads for a while, but i made an acc to say something about this

i remember following an SM fan-made film account and katiecosplays was in the main cast. i kind of liked her work on the film before the whole scandal happened. they released a film and they planned to release a sequel but they ended up cancelling it because they didn't have enough funding (see instagram account @sailormoonfanfilm)

after hearing about her dog tea scandal, she hasn't been thrown out of the film (because she's a screenwriter on it, proof is on the ig page @sailormoonfanfilm). for some reason, you would think she would be cancelled for life. but nope. she is still being featured on ig stories from cosplayers i follow from time to time.

what she did was absolute garbage and that is why i won't support her or her friends again.

Edited by chirirosa
I wanted to make myself clearer + show reciepts

Posted

that last screenshot sounds a lot like that funny post of the snapchat story with the black background that went something like "i'm not ok. dont ask me about it only some people know whats going on. if you ask me i'll block you" or something like that.

it made me laugh a lot because she sat there, looking for the perfect angle to properly show her tears but also her disgusting mucus, and then typed an entire caption on top of it, changed the color, and went through all the steps necessary to post it in her story. AND SHE DID IT TWICE.

She did the EXACT SAME THING earlier this year when she entered a cosplay contest and didn't place. She even posted a selfie after crying her makeup off ft. runny eyeliner and messy hair with the caption "don't wanna talk about it." 

Posted

She did the EXACT SAME THING earlier this year when she entered a cosplay contest and didn't place. She even posted a selfie after crying her makeup off ft. runny eyeliner and messy hair with the caption "don't wanna talk about it." 

She's entering Holmat's cosplay contest this weekend---I'm sure if she doesn't win first she'll have something similar on her story. 

It's very odd to me that she keeps putting cosplay contests at such high priority. All the people I know that do/enjoy contests are people that are older and don't really do social media? And she's really the opposite of that. It bothers me that she will post instructional videos on how to do certain techniques but then get basic terminology wrong. There's no shame in not being an expert on everything, and she'd be a lot better off if she labeled them as "here's how I did this" instead of "here's how to do this"

Posted

She's entering Holmat's cosplay contest this weekend---I'm sure if she doesn't win first she'll have something similar on her story. 

It's very odd to me that she keeps putting cosplay contests at such high priority. All the people I know that do/enjoy contests are people that are older and don't really do social media? And she's really the opposite of that. It bothers me that she will post instructional videos on how to do certain techniques but then get basic terminology wrong. There's no shame in not being an expert on everything, and she'd be a lot better off if she labeled them as "here's how I did this" instead of "here's how to do this"

It's one of those things where her heart's in the right place, but she shouldn't be teaching people how to sew when she gets a lot of things wrong. Her craftsmanship varies so much from costume to costume (her Pink Diamond vs Godoka in terms of quality is night and day), I'm starting to wonder if she buys her cosplays and edits the fuck out of them. Is she taking Godoka to the contest too? 

Posted

It's one of those things where her heart's in the right place, but she shouldn't be teaching people how to sew when she gets a lot of things wrong. Her craftsmanship varies so much from costume to costume (her Pink Diamond vs Godoka in terms of quality is night and day), I'm starting to wonder if she buys her cosplays and edits the fuck out of them. Is she taking Godoka to the contest too? 

She's wearing her Ranko cosplay (the new one she made) Thurs and Sunday, which lines up with pre-judging and the competition. On her story she says she's excited to wear Godoka again so that's probably just walking around the con on the non competition days

Looking at her WIPs it looks like she's making some of the same mistakes that probably contributed to Godoka's flop---idk why she keeps altering designs to include pleats. 

Posted

She's wearing her Ranko cosplay (the new one she made) Thurs and Sunday, which lines up with pre-judging and the competition. On her story she says she's excited to wear Godoka again so that's probably just walking around the con on the non competition days

Looking at her WIPs it looks like she's making some of the same mistakes that probably contributed to Godoka's flop---idk why she keeps altering designs to include pleats. 

I'm starting to think she doesn't know how to make ruffles so she makes pleats instead. They really don't look good, they look uneven. She has the idea that an award-winning cosplay = moving parts with excess detail (pearls/sparkles/rhinestones/furniture fabric) when it's not always the case. She doesn't have the skills/experience to do all those things, and she repeats her mistakes over and over. Let's see what happens this week.

Posted

The pleats really don't look good.... It would have been better if they were smaller so they look closer to ruffles or ya know.. She could learn how to make actual ruffles lol

Let's see if we have another meltdown over not placing again.

Posted

Lesser known cosplayer, but I was wondering if I was the only one who thinks this is kind of blackface with her take on female Miles 

Her cosplay

20191207_223638.thumb.jpg.4bcd2a236681f4

Her original skin tone

20191207_223657.thumb.jpg.19e2ed829ea7bc

Honestly... I don’t understand why so many people are getting upset that asians are cosplaying characters with tan skin tones... You all do realize asians are POC, right?
What I mean by that is that MOST Asians are actually naturally tan.... the only “pearly white” asians you see are the idols or actors in asian dramas... and a lot of those asians actually lighten their skin either through bleaching or makeup or other products... there has been countless before and afters of idols being really tan before they became idols. This especially happens in South Korea and China. I actually believe this cosplayer above me is probably more tan than white naturally and just uses the snow app to
 make herself look as pale as a ghost... I’m not saying she probably didn’t darken herself a bit more for the Miles cosplay... but to me I know asians are naturally darker so I prefer to see them with tans.

This is almost as stupid as that one post I saw a while back, if I remember correctly... there was a half asian/half black cosplayer who cosplayed Princess Tiana and everyone got so upset at her... telling her she should of cosplayed Mulan or Pocahontas (even though the cosplayer isn’t even Native American).

Posted

Honestly... I don’t understand why so many people are getting upset that asians are cosplaying characters with tan skin tones... You all do realize asians are POC, right?What I mean by that is that MOST Asians are actually naturally tan.... the only “pearly white” asians you see are the idols or actors in asian dramas... and a lot of those asians actually lighten their skin either through bleaching or makeup or other products... there has been countless before and afters of idols being really tan before they became idols. This especially happens in South Korea and China. I actually believe this cosplayer above me is probably more tan than white naturally and just uses the snow app to make herself look as pale as a ghost... I’m not saying she probably didn’t darken herself a bit more for the Miles cosplay... but to me I know asians are naturally darker so I prefer to see them with tans.

This is almost as stupid as that one post I saw a while back, if I remember correctly... there was a half asian/half black cosplayer who cosplayed Princess Tiana and everyone got so upset at her... telling her she should of cosplayed Mulan or Pocahontas (even though the cosplayer isn’t even Native American).

OT: reminds me of ppl saying Asian ppl, specifically East Asians aren’t PoC because we’re pale 😂 Hilarious

Posted

I'm saying this as a competitive cosplayer, it's so bizarre to me how entitled cosplayers get over competitions, another cosplayer I follow had a meltdown the other day on her twitter over the same thing. It's one thing to be like "Aw, I worked really hard on this cosplay and I'm disappointed to have not placed", but these people are SO entitled for absolutely no reason. Worked hard did you? So did literally everyone else. Didn't place? Welp, someone was better than you then. Use this experience to improve the costume, and try again next time. You're not owed an award just because you worked hard and think you deserve it.

Posted

Honestly... I don’t understand why so many people are getting upset that asians are cosplaying characters with tan skin tones... You all do realize asians are POC, right?What I mean by that is that MOST Asians are actually naturally tan.... the only “pearly white” asians you see are the idols or actors in asian dramas... and a lot of those asians actually lighten their skin either through bleaching or makeup or other products... there has been countless before and afters of idols being really tan before they became idols. This especially happens in South Korea and China. I actually believe this cosplayer above me is probably more tan than white naturally and just uses the snow app to make herself look as pale as a ghost... I’m not saying she probably didn’t darken herself a bit more for the Miles cosplay... but to me I know asians are naturally darker so I prefer to see them with tans.

This is 2019. People will literally flip their shit over a Japanese fan artist drawing Nessa because they made her skin a shade too light.

Posted

There were so many issues with her Godoka imo. The costume looked extremely rushed and cheap. She thought adding a heck ton of rhinestones and bling would hide all the flaws in her costumes or something.

You would think that for a character that meant a lot to her and that she's entering in a competition with, she would put more care and time into making it. I remember her being discussed on /cgl at some point and people were questioning if her skills were legit since her Pink Diamond cosplay looked good, but then there was the mess that was Godoka.

Posted (edited)

Sarah Spaceman won best in show at Holmat for her Kanza cosplay, the costume it's self has maybe some good craftsmanship but not in terms of looking like the design at all.  I can't help see the glaringly obvious detailing/ design decisions with some elements of the costume which I'm a little surprised the judges overlooked such as the box pleats instead of ruffles which makes it look rather unflattering and ill fitting as well as how the dress sits and the coloring/ texture of certain elements. I guess the moving wings and prop were what helped her win best in show and she might think that her next cosplay is going to have to include those elements to place in a next competition.

Screenshot_2019-12-16_at_00.14.08.thumb.Screenshot_2019-12-16_at_00.13.49.thumb.
5df6cd45af3f3_Ranko_SR4.thumb.jpg.ccb078

480px-Ranko_Kanzaki_(Brunnhilde)_NPC.pngScreenshot_2019-12-16_at_00.30.33.thumb.

A bit nitpicky but the damn knee socks are atrocious 

Edited by MosCow
pictures

Posted

Sarah Spaceman won best in show at Holmat for her Kanza cosplay, the costume it's self has maybe some good craftsmanship but not in terms of looking like the design at all.  I can't help see the glaringly obvious detailing/ design decisions with some elements of the costume which I'm a little surprised the judges overlooked such as the box pleats instead of ruffles which makes it look rather unflattering and ill fitting as well as how the dress sits and the coloring/ texture of certain elements. I guess the moving wings and prop were what helped her win best in show and she might think that her next cosplay is going to have to include those elements to place in a next competition.

Screenshot_2019-12-16_at_00.14.08.thumb.Screenshot_2019-12-16_at_00.13.49.thumb.
5df6cd45af3f3_Ranko_SR4.thumb.jpg.ccb078

480px-Ranko_Kanzaki_(Brunnhilde)_NPC.pngScreenshot_2019-12-16_at_00.30.33.thumb.

Hidden Content

Here's the entire contest; She appears sans wings and scythe at 40:50 and does her routine, then she runs off stage and we get a quick montage of her working on the cosplay before she reappears wearing her wings and carrying her scythe to finish her skit. At 2:33:30 is where she wins Best In Show.

You can't see it in photos, but in the her skit you can a better look at her. Not only are the box pleats unflattering for her and the cosplay itself, they're all uneven. The skirt hem especially and it shows when she turns around. I'm surprised that the judges didn't any catch that during prejudging. Her bow slid right off in the middle of her skit too. The judges even poked fun at it by picking it up and wearing it before she came back to get it. Just by that alone I could tell she either glued or taped it on. That's something she should have been more cautious about if she was going to perform an entire idol dance routine on stage.

Posted

Her makeup is so glaringly bad it makes her look like a clown. Costume wise, she seems to be the type that would rather add extra bling to the outfit to make it more "fancy" than actually improving her techniques.