• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Cosplay personalities

762 posts in this topic

Posted

i would agree on colored being outdated terminiology but it is not a slur. Lol im black myself and i kind eyeroll at young social justice types turning everything into a slur its mostly women who seem to do this lol its annoying and it doesnt really do anything for social justice. 

giphy.gif

we can just agree to disagree

tenor.gif

I wish she'd brush her wigs. Please. Use a brush. They look tangled and ratty. 

her wigs are either messy and thin with a dash of horrible shiny. She probably gets eBay/Amazon wigs. 
9FAD0D51-0B4E-491A-A587-70E3114DA7FB.thu

52k with 647 likes, 10 comments and it’s pretty much the same ones on every post...

hmmm?

Posted (edited)

giphy.gif

we can just agree to disagree

her wigs are either messy and thin with a dash of horrible shiny. She probably gets eBay/Amazon wigs. 9FAD0D51-0B4E-491A-A587-70E3114DA7FB.thu

52k with 647 likes, 10 comments and it’s pretty much the same ones on every post...

hmmm?

lol i see u got offended by my opinion and downvoted me .

I just discovered this cosplayer:stoplz:

47690325_282040355817202_7811755834962041303_n.jpg

Screenshot_20190916-181233_Instagram.jpg

this is a real life human being?

lilke some of these pics have to be jokes because nobody could Actuallly think this actually looks attractive it is terrifying.

Got a big snowflake coming out of Hong Kong. N Cosplayer, real name 甄紫喬 (Zhēn Zǐ Qiáo). She is infamous in Hong Kong and Taiwan's cosplay communities for being toxic and for excessive Photoshop. She was recently called out for talking shit towards other cosplayers with her personal account, as well as other con drama. Her boyfriend Kami Wong whiteknights for her and they both talk shit about Kami's ex-girlfriend. N is basically the Momokun of the Hong Kong and Taiwanese cosplay community (minus the sexual harassment) and she is widely memed about.

52964803_395320087931969_760833608154034

Her Facebook Page

Her Instagram

Her Twitter

Untranslated Screenshots from callout post

Source

Hidden Content

Here's how she Photoshops herself

Hidden Content

the only pic she looks bad is that purple dress its so unflattering towards her mid section and the actual quality of the dress looks way lower in her unphotoshopped.

she definitely is prettier than misa chiang with and without photoshop and i say she looks good in all her pucs but the purple dress which has me 😕

lilike i dont know what is going on in that pic its very unflaterring face is fine but the difference in quality between the shopped and unshopped pic is kinda drastic on that pic.

Edited by Cosergod

Posted

lol i see u got offended by my opinion snd downvoted me i returned the favor lol my description of you was accurate . the type to end up on one of those triggered videos over nonsense

58088076-25B7-4361-AE4A-F053222C6BE0.thuB42AACFF-BA33-4513-84CB-1DE96F0C12B9.thu

...where?

Posted

Shut the fuck up already and take it to PMs. Stop shitting up the thread.

Anyway

This is so awkward to watch. Please, if you're reading this, turn the brightness filter DOWN.

Posted

Hey there!

I'm a little shocked no one's mentioned Benzoate_cos before?

Basically, she's this cosplayer from Russia that shoops her photos to hell and back to look like certain characters or people.

Sometimes she drags her mother into this shop fest as well.

It baffles me how obvious her shoops are, but no one bats an eye and calls them amazing. 

Posted

I really hate how she promotes that cosplay is a happy rainbow unicorn land where people buy her books and she makes profit out of Cosplay newbies (I say that because it really is for absolute beginners, I bought a few books and patterns when they were part of humble bundle and yeah, it can be helpful but it's nothing you couldn't achieve by yourself). I also met her as a con, when I by myself was a cosplay beginner, and when I told her "Yo, i got some of your books! :3" she was like "oh cool huh".

That generally seems like all the "HI THERE it's SVETLANA from kamui COSPLAY" is just a facade. Ye, she is a skilled lady, but person-wise she's awful and very far away from being a part of the community. I've rarely seen her doing collabs with others too. Just her husband, her dogs and her.

This is common in lots of big name cosplayers: they don't want to associate with the 'little' cosplayers. If you fit into their definitions of acceptable and their agendas, you're good enough to be shared and displayed. If you're a close friend, you're top priority in most cases. This happened with Kinpatsu a whole while back and caused issues. In some cases, friends are just accessories. Jenna Meowri only keeps friends close to boost her ego. JNig makes Meg look less attractive in their shoots.

And the facade is just a business tactic: let's face it, people wouldn't just BUY HER BOOKS if she didn't make herself seem approachable.

There was a time she kinda slipped up on her Facebook account and went on the defensive about something related to Photoshop. It had nothing to do with the sexy cosplay thing: just her posing, if I remember.

Also, smart move to have her husband, Benni, do videos. He brings a lot of humour to Kamui's cosplay page.

Posted

This is common in lots of big name cosplayers: they don't want to associate with the 'little' cosplayers. If you fit into their definitions of acceptable and their agendas, you're good enough to be shared and displayed. If you're a close friend, you're top priority in most cases. This happened with Kinpatsu a whole while back and caused issues. In some cases, friends are just accessories. Jenna Meowri only keeps friends close to boost her ego. JNig makes Meg look less attractive in their shoots.

And the facade is just a business tactic: let's face it, people wouldn't just BUY HER BOOKS if she didn't make herself seem approachable.

There was a time she kinda slipped up on her Facebook account and went on the defensive about something related to Photoshop. It had nothing to do with the sexy cosplay thing: just her posing, if I remember.

Also, smart move to have her husband, Benni, do videos. He brings a lot of humour to Kamui's cosplay page.

What happened with kinpatsu? I'm not having much luck trying to look it up

Posted

What happened with kinpatsu? I'm not having much luck trying to look it up

There was a little meltdown that happened relating to another issue that occurred beforehand. You wont find tthe posts due to it having been inside a cosplay group on FB and because of the uproar it caused resulting in it being deleted. But I have receipts i managed to get.

Posted

Found out on lolcow that tricksterkarkat attempted suicide the other night and is currently posting on her insta about it while at the hospital.

(image heavy and suicide mention)

1571359664426.png

72399700_1150104025180388_22122042913005

71886736_768195823599617_628999292299833

73497433_120062732739305_854902075419489

73385849_122314598828975_226179111060661

71180304_143517783593740_144818743306903

71701470_144783360248252_847422321292260

Her twin badcosplay posted to her story as well

72092416_153090115907688_338107098705734

Tbh, when you're admitted to the hospital after attempting suicide the one thing they aren't gonna do is be like "lol u say ur feelin better? u gucci? k gtfo be free" the following day when they pumped just your stomach and are still trying to keep you alive and set up with some kind of therapy. 

Posted

LOL I CAN'T EVEN

Thanks for openly talking about disliking a particular group on facebook while doing this, stonks.

Posted (edited)

Edited by elefire
Wrong thread

Posted

The nymphette thread? Idk if there is a pro-ana thread here.

Posted

The nymphette thread? Idk if there is a pro-ana thread here.

thank you & a proana thead would be a good idea 

Posted

Found out on lolcow that tricksterkarkat attempted suicide the other night and is currently posting on her insta about it while at the hospital.

(image heavy and suicide mention)

Hidden Content

I just saw this now but I hope she’ll be alright. It’s really upsetting and sad to hear that she tried to kill herself. I hope she’s doing better and out of the hospital since mental health facilities can be terrible sometimes 

Posted

Long time lurker here. I've seen this girl brought up in the thread before, this is tentxcle from instagram. Anyone else think she edits? Her thighs have weird sometimes wobbly shadows, and her face looks really different in the comparison. For better context, she did a photo shoot with a clothing line called Ultra Feel and I'm guessing she posted editted versions and they posted the uneditted ones. She has a lot of snowflake behavior but I'll save that for another time lol.

(Also excuse me for not understanding the post format or not leaving links, I never join in on threads)

Screenshot_20191101_195845.jpg

PicsArt_11-01-07.57.52.jpg

PicsArt_11-01-07.55.47.jpg