• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Cosplay personalities

535 posts in this topic

Posted

Another one hopping onto the Yuka Takaoka train for attention:

npcbunny.thumb.png.f185f8b3427a75fc7dc84

https://www.instagram.com/npc.bunny/

tags.thumb.png.4f51af98157694b20fd7b9e4f

When you see 'yuyuyunochan' and 'yanderesimulator' as tags and you friggin knew the yansim fanbase is gonna milk the 'irl yandere' for attention sooner or later.

gross.

Posted

Another one hopping onto the Yuka Takaoka train for attention:

npcbunny.thumb.png.f185f8b3427a75fc7dc84

https://www.instagram.com/npc.bunny/

tags.thumb.png.4f51af98157694b20fd7b9e4f

When you see 'yuyuyunochan' and 'yanderesimulator' as tags and you friggin knew the yansim fanbase is gonna milk the 'irl yandere' for attention sooner or later.

gross.

I was wondering how long it would take.. tasteless shit is right up their alley

Posted

gross.

I wouldn't be surprised if YandereDev puts a yuyuyunochan outfit for Ayano in the game

Posted

Not sure if anyone has posted this girl here but have anyone heard of "Hakken"?, she's a famous Malaysian cosplayer and is actually good friend with Knite, there doesnt seems to be any scandals or anything bad about her and that she's really honest about her gender, she outright said she's a cis female who just really love cosplaying male characters and dressing up as a boy. 

p.png?fv_content=true&size_mode=5

However, she Photoshop her photos pretty heavily and it looks very obvious to the point it looks unnatural, for example in spoilers:

^looks more like a painting than a photograph.

8930418e8cf6c670d613af95e8bbab74.png

^obvious drawn-on jaw.

Posted

Not sure if anyone has posted this girl here but have anyone heard of "Hakken"?, she's a famous Malaysian cosplayer and is actually good friend with Knite, there doesnt seems to be any scandals or anything bad about her and that she's really honest about her gender, she outright said she's a cis female who just really love cosplaying male characters and dressing up as a boy. 

However, she Photoshop her photos pretty heavily and it looks very obvious to the point it looks unnatural, for example in spoilers:

Hidden Content

oh so Hakken IS a girl. I have been wondering for the looongest time. I do see her cosplays all the time and she crossdresses... ethereally if I could put it that way. Top notch bishonen I'd say.

Posted

However, she Photoshop her photos pretty heavily and it looks very obvious to the point it looks unnatural

Did she ever admit to using Photoshop? I have to say, she's really pretty, and she doesn't look too different in her videos, even though I totally believe that she could be photoshopping some of her features to appear more masculine in her pictures.

Posted

Did she ever admit to using Photoshop? I have to say, she's really pretty, and she doesn't look too different in her videos, even though I totally believe that she could be photoshopping some of her features to appear more masculine in her pictures.

Not sure if she admit of doing PS since a lot of info about her doesn't come from her own posts, but rather it's from her interactions with her fans. Even her confirming about her gender came from someone asking about it in the comments in one of her IG's posts. Maybe someone did ask about it on her page or IG but she got a lot of comments on each posts that it's hard to find if she ever admitted of photoshopping her pictures.

I actually got a chance to meet her at Comic Fiesta and I gotta say, her skin complexion is not as smooth and flawless like her pictures. But I dont really mind that since who doesn't want to edit out their pimples etc. 

Posted

Not sure if she admit of doing PS since a lot of info about her doesn't come from her own posts, but rather it's from her interactions with her fans. Even her confirming about her gender came from someone asking about it in the comments in one of her IG's posts. Maybe someone did ask about it on her page or IG but she got a lot of comments on each posts that it's hard to find if she ever admitted of photoshopping her pictures.

I actually got a chance to meet her at Comic Fiesta and I gotta say, her skin complexion is not as smooth and flawless like her pictures. But I dont really mind that since who doesn't want to edit out their pimples etc. 

She actually once mentioned in a interview that she edit her photos and that she actually uses drawing techniques on them (like painting over the pics)
Here's the link! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1DjcMo_L8w

The interview is abit long but at 3.45 onwards is where she talks about it.

Posted

She actually once mentioned in a interview that she edit her photos and that she actually uses drawing techniques on them (like painting over the pics)
Here's the link! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1DjcMo_L8w

The interview is abit long but at 3.45 onwards is where she talks about it.

I think it’s pretty cool she talks about her process. I like her work and honesty. It feels like art, probably because of the techniques she uses.

Posted

I always like seeing Hakken photos pop up on my fb feed, her photos are always so nice to look at, I like how she's open and honest, I think on fb most fans/people that follow her on fb knows she's a girl as I always see comments about gender pop up and that time she wore a kimono and cosplayed Sun Jing was really nice, I think the Sun Jing set on the beach is one of my favourites :alpacacrush:

Won't let me insert images 

Sun Jing cosplay 

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2877792415571934&id=1132785253406001

Kimono 

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2490847984266381&id=1132785253406001

Posted

I just saw this on tako wei's story I'm like Holy shit that amount of self entitlement is insane. 

Screenshot_20190616-075200.png

Screenshot_20190616-075204.png

Posted

I just saw this on tako wei's story I'm like Holy shit that amount of self entitlement is insane. 

Screenshot_20190616-075200.png

Screenshot_20190616-075204.png

Isn’t this every e-girl’s dream/goal though?

Not saying she isn’t extremely distasteful for being so blunt about it though. 

Posted

Saw this on lolcow and I remember seeing this person way before when they has some past drama over photoshopping their face and calling it a make-up test. This cosplayer entered a cosplay competition in the master's division and threw a tantrum because they didn't place.

https://www.instagram.com/sarahspaceman/

1558967756179.jpg

Spoilered for huge images

1558993153983.png

1558939525858.jpg

1558961006968.jpg

Not to be that bitch but, her Godoka isn't all that accurate to the original. None of the pinks are the right color, let alone the same color, and it's kind of... underwhelming and wrinkly? That's something I think the judges would have kept an eye out for if you were to show up to a copmetition with hard wrinkles and scuff.

Compared to other Godoka cosplays, Godoka has been done a million and one times by others and her's just isn't up to par. Which would have been okay, not everybody is a winner, except she took to the internet to cry her makeup off and "not talk about it" then write a whole post whining about losing. Imagine how the other cosplayers who didn't place felt! Just because you spent weeks on a cosplay and poured your heart and soul into it doesn't mean you should win solely based on that.

Posted

^ I want to say A+ for effort but the cosplay is inaccurate in many parts?? Why would she use box pleats instead of ruffles like in the picture, the fabric she used also seems to be cheap it looks frumpy. Just from those pictures, you wouldn't even think it was master division cosplay.

I know that adding beads and rhinestones to simple designs has been the hot new trend lately (with western cosplayers), but it looks so tacky on cheap fabric. If you're gonna do that it's either go big or go home.

Posted

Good on her for the effort and work she’s put into the cosplay but crying about it on social media is not a good look IMO. 

Another thing I can add is the wig style and color could’ve been better as well. Take this as an experience and just get better.