• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Cosplay personalities

534 posts in this topic

Posted

Guys i cant believe i am seeing this

BD61FD84-C066-4D5A-8418-82CDAB0FD167.thuA40D6EA1-2435-4673-A4B1-8A9C77BDF6C6.thu

The fact that they used “yandere” and “uwu” shows exactly what kind of person they are. Unfortunately I’m not really surprised. You have mentally unstable weebs grasping at anything they can to make their stupid yandere trope waifus seem real

Posted

Girl decided it's a 'good idea' to cosplay the murderer who stabbed her boyfriend while the man was still in hospital struggling for life:

https://www.instagram.com/ryukisatoshi/

yan.thumb.png.283e1fd7bf792a0f655a0e9ee1

I don't even know where to begin explaining to her why this cosplay is tasteless and wrong. Irl murders are not an aesthetic, you walnut.

Too soon

Posted

Jesus fucking christ this is insane

Posted

Not finding official sources for these statements but seeing this all over the internet (please add sources if you know if this is official):

- the man died in the hospital due to the severe injuries

- Takaoka committed the murder because he was seeing other women

I mean if you look at it like this... Woman killing man for cheating on her with another woman. It's nothing too much out of the ordinary, right? It's a crime that the woman should get into jail for. But just because she is a cosplayer people praise her and cutify her calling her a 'yandere'. When really she is just crazy and just killed a man out of jealousy.

If she was a woman who lived next door and would have stabbed someone close to these people who praise her I wonder would they still think of her as 'great'? I doubt it. I think people should put themselves into the shoes of the victim and into the shoes of the family and friends of the victim.

It must hurt a lot for the family of the victim to see the murderer being called hot and cute and people yelling: 'She did nothing wrong! She's my perfect waifu!'

These people are so sick.

It's disgusting.

Also:

Girl decided it's a 'good idea' to cosplay the murderer who stabbed her boyfriend while the man was still in hospital struggling for life:

I don't even know where to begin explaining to her why this cosplay is tasteless and wrong. Irl murders are not an aesthetic, you walnut.

Also an IG user called the Takaoka cosplayer out on their clownery and this was the cosplayers reply:

clown.thumb.png.0f16e8cd622c427953c08f42

Posted

Not finding official sources for these statements but seeing this all over the internet (please add sources if you know if this is official):

I mean if you look at it like this... Woman killing man for cheating on her with another woman. It's nothing too much out of the ordinary, right? It's a crime that the woman should get into jail for. But just because she is a cosplayer people praise her and cutify her calling her a 'yandere'. When really she is just crazy and just killed a man out of jealousy.

If she was a woman who lived next door and would have stabbed someone close to these people who praise her I wonder would they still think of her as 'great'? I doubt it. I think people should put themselves into the shoes of the victim and into the shoes of the family and friends of the victim.

It must hurt a lot for the family of the victim to see the murderer being called hot and cute and people yelling: 'She did nothing wrong! She's my perfect waifu!'

It's disgusting.

Also:

Also an IG user called the Takaoka cosplayer out on their clownery and this was the cosplayers reply:

I feel like a better use for that joke of a gofundme is to cover theraphy fees for anyone who thinks this is a good idea because they need some sort of help.  The Yandere trope isn't real. This is basically the same as sexualizing serial killers. Gross. 

Posted

She ended up turning off comments on those “cosplay” photos and limiting her comments on all of her other posts. She also deleted all of the backlash. You know if you need to go to those extremes in order to prevent backlash and hate you’ve PROBABLY done something wrong. That’s what someone with a brain would assume anyway 

Posted (edited)

***EDIT

It's disgusting.

Also:

Long time lurker but just joined only to reply to this. As for the official source...

**Whoops the sources was already previously posted by @hariyoshitsuyoshi in the previous page so quoting on that.

Not sure how to add-on quote on mobile but

https://blog.jlist.com/featured/girl-stabs-man-she-liked-in-her-own-apartment-in-shinjuku/

https://news.tv-asahi.co.jp/news_society/articles/000155303.html

https://www.ettoday.net/news/20190525/1452745.htm

Edited by yuanfen
add on quote**

Posted

The only reasons that she's even being called a yandere are because

1. She did it "out of love"
  2. She's Japanese.

And the cosplayer is only doing it to gain followers. Any publicity is good publicity, especially if you're an edgelord trying to chase clout and deleting comments because you don't want to admit you fucked up.

Posted

IPAc1CV.gif

I'd hate to double post, but an update on her gofundme: It's gone. Some basement dweller weeb man made it (unsurprisingly) and I found their FB profile.

kek.thumb.PNG.d95604481dd4ba48ac7d795e53

Posted

IPAc1CV.gif

I'd hate to double post, but an update on her gofundme: It's gone. Some basement dweller weeb man made it (unsurprisingly) and I found their FB profile.

Agreed with red. She needs therapy and rehabilitation. That's the best way to help her.

Posted (edited)

IPAc1CV.gif

He inspired a few committed neckbeards and trolls to actually make gofundme pages for her as well tho:

a.thumb.png.4c6103dc473e12fff8047ffea7a0

The descriptions pretty much speak for themselves.

Also here is another Takaoka cosplayer:

aa.thumb.png.b3d250d64455605cb32b91b4a31

https://www.instagram.com/jaynejja9/

I honestly don't get why people are actually turning this whole murder case into some kind of aesthetic or even worse, creating a fandom for it with fanarts and cosplays.

Just... no.

EDIT:

Ok why would you do this:

aaa.thumb.png.6afd12a746755355519d981173

Genderswapped own design? Like creating actually own 'sexy' designs like OCs for this? This is gross.

Edited by CosplayQueen

Posted

This is fucking terrible

Posted

I hate weebs so much it’s unreal like..

The exoticization, fetishization, sexualization etc of Japanese women as “anime types” is so fucking disgusting..

Like a man died do they hear themselves????

Posted (edited)

Seems that other attention whore artists have hopped onto the train

Placed in spoilers for having so many pictures

cos4.thumb.png.4a3fb0da8a870b9796d014141cos3.thumb.png.aadb253d6a8968bce8f4f0c35Cos2.thumb.png.184288e32ea8992d0b16c4b44Cos1.thumb.png.cb4664504c05487ea113b2d3c

Edited by Aaeronias
Disclaimer

Posted

Seems that other attention whore artists have hopped onto the train

Placed in spoilers for having so many pictures

Hidden Content

Gotta admit, the first one was the best-looking one. Everything else is meh