• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Cosplay personalities

460 posts in this topic

Posted

Unpopular opinion in the cosplay community, but I don’t really have an issue with people changing their skin tone to fit the character’s, especially when it’s just a bit of tanning. There’s a difference between straight up blackface and what these cosplayers do, and people really need to understand that everything has a middle ground, and this ain’t it.

Sorry, but all the bashing they get is really unnecessary in my opinion. Just my two cents.

I don’t really agree. There’s a lot of flack I get from ignorant people for cosplaying “white” characters-  It would be prettier if I was white, I have to stick to cosplaying darker characters, or it just “doesn’t look like it”.  When a light person colours themselves darker for a costume and takes it off after a day of being “accurate” and “pretty”, they haven’t experienced any of the struggles darker people have as they cannot take off their skin. 

This person can be Pharah for a con and won’t have to worry about being called a terrorist or yelled at in the streets for having to go back to their own country. A skincolour can be a stigma and prejudice for some of us, so it can never be an accurate  costume.

Posted

I don’t really agree. There’s a lot of flack I get from ignorant people for cosplaying “white” characters-  It would be prettier if I was white, I have to stick to cosplaying darker characters, or it just “doesn’t look like it”.  When a light person colours themselves darker for a costume and takes it off after a day of being “accurate” and “pretty”, they haven’t experienced any of the struggles darker people have as they cannot take off their skin. 

This person can be Pharah for a con and won’t have to worry about being called a terrorist or yelled at in the streets for having to go back to their own country. A skincolour can be a stigma and prejudice for some of us, so it can never be an accurate  costume.

That’s fair. As I said, this is an unpopular opinion, so I’m aware that most people do think like you. And the ones who think like me don’t really speak up because they’re afraid of backlash. We don’t have to agree in everything, it’s okay. Just thought I’d put my thoughts out there, since it bothers me how unceremoniously people throw the word “racist” around because of it, and how much misunderstanding there seems to be on the concept of skin painting.

Posted

That’s fair. As I said, this is an unpopular opinion, so I’m aware that most people do think like you. And the ones who think like me don’t really speak up because they’re afraid of backlash. We don’t have to agree in everything, it’s okay. Just thought I’d put my thoughts out there, since it bothers me how unceremoniously people throw the word “racist” around because of it, and how much misunderstanding there seems to be on the concept of skin painting.

It’s a complicated issue! It’s good to talk about these things- If we just start screaming “racist!” and “crybaby!” at each other we won’t get anywhere... Most people don’t try to be racist, but like eye-taping changing your skin tone fuels debate because there’s a lot of negative feelings attached to it, like how skin whitening bleach gets advertised to asians. 

Posted

Oh, also, to any new people on PULL, please don’t contact snowflakes and then post it here, as it is against forum rules. I recommend giving them a read if you, by any chance, haven’t already.

Thank you!

Posted

So this was a comment on her old video: (to be fair, it’s not as filtered as her usual sefies but it was still obvious on the video that it’s filtered by the way her collar gets slightly distorted.) and the size of her head lol

A09042AB-F083-446A-9C46-729379D575D5.thuBA5D6DAA-57E4-4B6D-ADFC-8B6BF5415891.thuBD7D41AD-E467-4154-B324-EF6DBB1266AE.thu

Here she claims to be ~au naturel~.

617B01D9-4622-4A49-A1AD-82DCBE9B2351.thuB0A507C2-8FD7-443E-9B2D-00939BFDEFE0.thu

Girlie didn’t take her own advice...

E3B8741B-C989-4A07-AEE8-182119BE16E6.thu

And last but not the least... she once talked about being pressured keeping this facade up. And wanting to convert her instagram into a creative outlet rather than “showing herself more than she should” but girlie did a full U-turn with that lmao this is honestly kinda sad  and odd since she’s started taking more lowkey suggestive photos recently when she knows that she’s underage so...? Idk

40E1E0F7-8E33-4902-996C-0C6D3D2C4DE3.thu

She’s so delulu.

She looks nothing like herself in real life in all these photos she posts but she thinks she has a right to get triggered by people calling her out for it and she also advocates “being yourself!” when she is the prime example of being fake.

Posted (edited)

Man, I would love to see a pixiesayurii thread at this point. Would anybody be willing to compile all the info on her and make one?

tenor.gif

Now we have more than enough info to get her her own thread now since she's taking up 80% of the discussion here.

I could use some help compiling everything together. If someone could help me organize all of her shenanigans or pm me certain things that were/weren't brought up already that'd be great.

Edit: LMAO SHE'S DELETING PHOTOS OFF HER INSTAGRAM

Edited by Lopunny

Posted

LMAO SHE'S DELETING PHOTOS OFF HER INSTAGRAM

I sense a storm is coming

Posted

tenor.gif

Now we have more than enough info to get her her own thread now since she's taking up 80% of the discussion here.

I could use some help compiling everything together. If someone could help me organize all of her shenanigans or pm me certain things that were/weren't brought up already that'd be great.

Edit: LMAO SHE'S DELETING PHOTOS OFF HER INSTAGRAM

Already Dm'd! I wonder how many wks there are going to be when it gets posted :D

Posted

I want to bring up another cosplay personality that posts her own before and afters but still claims she hasn’t had plastic surgery even if it’s blatantly obvious she has.

Especially a very obvious nose job.

She’s the typical online girl that claims it’s all thanks to puberty and that there is no way she would of had plastic surgery when she was “under age.”

I smell bullshit.

C1ECDC74-F731-4354-A601-628B24B152F4.jpeg

126AE521-079E-41E7-BBFF-3BE7538135C2.jpeg

8023ECA7-0371-43AE-B244-D29F9FB43E5E.jpeg

313D5020-0F78-45AA-88BE-066E8358ECF5.jpeg

Posted

I want to bring up another cosplay personality that posts her own before and afters but still claims she hasn’t had plastic surgery even if it’s blatantly obvious she has.

Especially a very obvious nose job.

She’s the typical online girl that claims it’s all thanks to puberty and that there is no way she would of had plastic surgery when she was “under age.”

I smell bullshit.

C1ECDC74-F731-4354-A601-628B24B152F4.jpeg

126AE521-079E-41E7-BBFF-3BE7538135C2.jpeg

8023ECA7-0371-43AE-B244-D29F9FB43E5E.jpeg

313D5020-0F78-45AA-88BE-066E8358ECF5.jpeg

yeah i just saw her recent post trying to clear those accusations. Uh, girl? your nose does not become small and narrow overnight, unless you WANT people to think you Photoshop (which you clearly do that too)

Posted

hello, it’s pixiesayurii. I’ve been sent this thread countless times and i want to clear things up, if you respect my statements thank you, if you don’t that is okay too. 

to start off ive seen everything of course some of my followers are a little bit over the top and do act like white knights, i totally agree with that.

I want to say that definitely you all have the right to comment on my appearance and everything, i have everything public and i can’t be the one to just stop the conversation.

many of your thoughts yes totally hit home for me, i definitely very much at the beginning of creating my cosplay account was very naive and saw that the photos i weren’t posting weren’t up to the “standard” of cosplay girls, e girls, people who have many followers

this is no pity party and of course everyone deals with forms of insecurity. but i think it’s understandable to realize that at the beginning i had a very misconstrued view of beauty in my eyes.

i would see many girls who were beautiful and i wanted to look like them but there was nothing i could really do, i was shit at makeup and i thought i had the ugliest face ever being 16, with no job i couldn’t afford many cosplays  or nice makeup either.

so i did very very very much see that shopping could help, other people could do it so hey why couldnt i?

Yes, 10000% i used to photoshop my pictures heavily and I’ll admit that with all honesty because there’s no avoiding it now, i look back and literally fucking hate myself for it and am completely and utterly embarrassed

from photos shown in this thread yes completely 

i feel like though everything’s kind of just looking at the bad parts of me and my mistakes and choices, saying things like i am stupid and other degrading things i don’t believe are necessary but the points made with facts and with concern are very much alright.

i can say now that i have gradually gotten more and more confident with myself, since after i left a “bad” relationship, that i will not go into because i don’t want this to be a pity party once again.

even though those situations reflect my behavior it doesn’t make it an excuse to deny it.

i appreciate you all , and i did want to delete my whole entire account but i hope you can realize the hard work and money and time i put into my cosplay.

i became much more happier and felt much more accepted by the people who would comment and like I’m sure anyone can agree with that!

i made this account from zero to here. 100% i have never ever boughten followers or likes, i understand why some of you would assume that but really truly i have not, i have worked so hard and been through much trial and error with posting times, what kind of content, hashtags and the audience that I’m aiming towards 

with all that said i have grown to where i am not solely based off of my looks but my dedication, responding and creating relationships with my fans and making it feel like a comfortable and happy place we can all talk and relate. I’ve created many friends and i don’t think that i should delete my account solely for my past mistakes.

its much more than just a look for me, and I’m sure many other cosplayers it’s a whole lifestyle now, and I’m happy to say I’m proud of where i am even with the mistakes it took to get here.

the photos i deleted was cause of the embarrassment, really it’s not cute.

I can tell you all now who have been following me to hope to see my change and say that completely i have started posting and being more comfortable with my more natural self, videos, Snapchats, etc.,

i still wear makeup, i still learned what works for my face over the years and of course using face tape, contacts with large diameters help to achieve the more character look, i do and will smooth my skin and color retouch if i need to.

with more recent photos I’m sure you can tell much the difference, i have learned how embarrassing it was, 

this is all I’m going to say for now i hope this can be a respectful conversation, and i hope you can see where I’m coming from, i needed to address this,

feel free to ask any questions. 

Posted (edited)

hello, it’s pixiesayurii. I’ve been sent this thread countless times and i want to clear things up, if you respect my statements thank you, if you don’t that is okay too. 

to start off ive seen everything of course some of my followers are a little bit over the top and do act like white knights, i totally agree with that.

I want to say that definitely you all have the right to comment on my appearance and everything, i have everything public and i can’t be the one to just stop the conversation.

many of your thoughts yes totally hit home for me, i definitely very much at the beginning of creating my cosplay account was very naive and saw that the photos i weren’t posting weren’t up to the “standard” of cosplay girls, e girls, people who have many followers

this is no pity party and of course everyone deals with forms of insecurity. but i think it’s understandable to realize that at the beginning i had a very misconstrued view of beauty in my eyes.

i would see many girls who were beautiful and i wanted to look like them but there was nothing i could really do, i was shit at makeup and i thought i had the ugliest face ever being 16, with no job i couldn’t afford many cosplays  or nice makeup either.

so i did very very very much see that shopping could help, other people could do it so hey why couldnt i?

Yes, 10000% i used to photoshop my pictures heavily and I’ll admit that with all honesty because there’s no avoiding it now, i look back and literally fucking hate myself for it and am completely and utterly embarrassed

from photos shown in this thread yes completely 

i feel like though everything’s kind of just looking at the bad parts of me and my mistakes and choices, saying things like i am stupid and other degrading things i don’t believe are necessary but the points made with facts and with concern are very much alright.

i can say now that i have gradually gotten more and more confident with myself, since after i left a “bad” relationship, that i will not go into because i don’t want this to be a pity party once again.

even though those situations reflect my behavior it doesn’t make it an excuse to deny it.

i appreciate you all , and i did want to delete my whole entire account but i hope you can realize the hard work and money and time i put into my cosplay.

i became much more happier and felt much more accepted by the people who would comment and like I’m sure anyone can agree with that!

i made this account from zero to here. 100% i have never ever boughten followers or likes, i understand why some of you would assume that but really truly i have not, i have worked so hard and been through much trial and error with posting times, what kind of content, hashtags and the audience that I’m aiming towards 

with all that said i have grown to where i am not solely based off of my looks but my dedication, responding and creating relationships with my fans and making it feel like a comfortable and happy place we can all talk and relate. I’ve created many friends and i don’t think that i should delete my account solely for my past mistakes.

its much more than just a look for me, and I’m sure many other cosplayers it’s a whole lifestyle now, and I’m happy to say I’m proud of where i am even with the mistakes it took to get here.

the photos i deleted was cause of the embarrassment, really it’s not cute.

I can tell you all now who have been following me to hope to see my change and say that completely i have started posting and being more comfortable with my more natural self, videos, Snapchats, etc.,

i still wear makeup, i still learned what works for my face over the years and of course using face tape, contacts with large diameters help to achieve the more character look, i do and will smooth my skin and color retouch if i need to.

with more recent photos I’m sure you can tell much the difference, i have learned how embarrassing it was, 

this is all I’m going to say for now i hope this can be a respectful conversation, and i hope you can see where I’m coming from, i needed to address this,

feel free to ask any questions. 

I understand you’re just a young girl with self esteem issues but editing yourself to the point you’re unrecognizable is not helping you at all.

I get maybe using filters to improve minor details without changing your appearance but your photos are a bit much even when compared to other famous cosplay girls who also edit their photos. You don’t even look human and it’s frankly not cute.

I hope you do stop editing yourself so much and find better ways to work on your self esteem.

We can all agree here you are pretty without all the unnecessary editing. 

Also I do think it’s a good step forward you can now at least admit to photoshopping.

Edited by FollowTheSheeps

Posted

Did anyone screenshot pixie sayuris very long reply on this thread? I can't find it anymore

Posted

I didn't get the chance to, but I remember what she said basically. She 100% admitted to photoshopping herself and that she said she didn't buy any followers on her account. That was the first half of two posts she made before they were deleted.

Pixiesayurii, since you're not 18 yet you can't join this forum and talk to us. If you really want to say what you need to say you'd have better luck either contacting a mod to do it or addressing it offsite. We'd like to have a conversation with you to get a better understanding of why things are the way they are with you and perhaps meet halfway.