• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Cosplay personalities

477 posts in this topic

Posted

Here she claims to be ~au naturel~.

617B01D9-4622-4A49-A1AD-82DCBE9B2351.thuB0A507C2-8FD7-443E-9B2D-00939BFDEFE0.thu

"no I'm not photoshopped" 

She says With her eye edited in the photo

Some new things that unfolded. Honestsama went private almost immediately, does anyone know more about this cosplayer? The original poster's comment was on this cosplayer who was called out today for brownfacing and swore up and down it was her natural skintone but yet still deleted the photo and made a story about 'dont like dont follow!'

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

4.PNG

YIKES 

That's 100% not okay. People are allowed to cosplay darker characters if their pale. But darkening their skin for the cosplay implies they see the character's skin color as a costume which isn't okay and people need to think before they do stuff like this.  Or at least pay attention because people get shit for this all the time. 

Posted (edited)

THE TEA IS SCORCHING TODAY  ☕

4.PNG

I'm pretty sure this is a different cosplayer from honestsama, but the point still stands that she darkened her skin (and heavily shoops too but that's beside the point).

Cosplayers who do darken their skin for cosplay need to be called out for it. Esp racists like honestsama who try to defend themselves doing it or attack everything that moves. I remember another popular cosplayer Leon Chiro was called out for darkening his skin for an Assassin's Creed cosplay and he was hounded for it, but he tried to defend himself saying he wasn't trying to be racist. He's light-skinned, he darkened himself to portray a middle eastern character. Skin darkening/lightening is a huge issue in the cosplay community because by doing it you're basically treating the character's race like a costume. 

Edited by Lopunny

Posted (edited)

THE TEA IS SCORCHING TODAY  ☕

I'm pretty sure this is a different cosplayer from honestsama, but the point still stands that she darkened her skin (and heavily shoops too but that's beside the point).

Cosplayers who do darken their skin for cosplay need to be called out for it. Esp racists like honestsama who try to defend themselves doing it or attack everything that moves. I remember another popular cosplayer Leon Chiro was called out for darkening his skin for an Assassin's Creed cosplay and he was hounded for it, but he tried to defend himself saying he wasn't trying to be racist. He's light-skinned, he darkened himself to portray a middle easterner character. Skin darkening/lightening is a huge issue in the cosplay community because by doing it you're basically treating the character's race like a costume. 

Oh yes I should have specified above the photo, thats the cosplayer that the comments were left on.

Edit: I forgot to add, the OP of that tweet made a further tweet saying honestsama called her a 'penny' because of her brown skin. So not only did they slut-shame they were racist about it as well all in one small comment.

Edited by wonder9934

Posted

GUYS WILL YOU STOP HATING ON HER ALREADY, OF COURSE SHE’S REAL

NEXT THING YOU’RE GONNA TELL ME YOUR FINGERS DON’T BECOME CARROT-SHAPED WHEN THEY GO ANYWHERE NEAR YOUR NON-PHOTOSHOPPED FACE

D60E12C6-6BC4-4CCD-9EDC-8205AAEF81B2.thu CF5229B4-C15B-492E-A7BC-D41DC56847A3.thu

/s

dat's one fat finger
OR
maybe as she was getting born her mom pressed too hard and she was on the side so she just got squished so everything in her body is wide lol

Posted

GUYS WILL YOU STOP HATING ON HER ALREADY, OF COURSE SHE’S REAL

NEXT THING YOU’RE GONNA TELL ME YOUR FINGERS DON’T BECOME CARROT-SHAPED WHEN THEY GO ANYWHERE NEAR YOUR NON-PHOTOSHOPPED FACE

D60E12C6-6BC4-4CCD-9EDC-8205AAEF81B2.thu CF5229B4-C15B-492E-A7BC-D41DC56847A3.thu

/s

I MADE A MISTAKE CHECKING THE THREAD BECAUSE I LET OUT THE UGLIEST LAUGH SEEING THIS

Real question: Is Pixie Sayuri still lurking this thread? :harharplz:

Posted

17D759C8-BFC5-4B83-9428-63199BB56CEE.jpeg

Wow. WOW. Oh my gosh! She looks NOTHING like her edits! Oh my gosh! I am absolutely speechless!!! She is unrecognizable! I wonder if she edited that other picture I posted up of her because now she doesn't even look like that!

Posted

I don't know what thread to put this girl so i hope this is correct. I really want to discuss her Photoshop. :alpacaworry:

Screenshot_20181203-035229_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20181203-035253_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20181203-035416_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20181203-035313_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20181203-035343_Instagram.jpg

she looks like a real life zepeto

Posted

nothing real life about it

Posted

Zepetos look more like actual people than this mess of photoshop

Real talk, though. How does she have the courage to show her face in conventions, where she knows she’ll be photographed by other people who won’t edit her the way she claims to be? That seems like common sense to me. If you’re trying to keep up this lie that somehow your eyes are naturally enlarged and your nose is not functional for breathing, then stay away from other cameras.

Posted

Man, I would love to see a pixiesayurii thread at this point. Would anybody be willing to compile all the info on her and make one?

Posted

Some new things that unfolded. Honestsama went private almost immediately, does anyone know more about this cosplayer? The original poster's comment was on this cosplayer who was called out today for brownfacing and swore up and down it was her natural skintone but yet still deleted the photo and made a story about 'dont like dont follow!'

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

4.PNG

did u seesee when greeniicosplay claimed theyre naturally tan, then said "it's only 2 shades darker so it's ok " 

I forgot to screenshot my bad, here's a screenshot someone else took

IMG_20190119_144527.thumb.jpg.7904c09022

also I commented on honestsama's post and they blocked me, then privated their account lol

Screenshot_20190118-042324_Instagram.jpg

Screenshot_20190118-042520_Instagram.jpg

Posted

Unpopular opinion in the cosplay community, but I don’t really have an issue with people changing their skin tone to fit the character’s, especially when it’s just a bit of tanning. There’s a difference between straight up blackface and what these cosplayers do, and people really need to understand that everything has a middle ground, and this ain’t it.

Sorry, but all the bashing they get is really unnecessary in my opinion. Just my two cents.

I agree with this. Fake tanning is very common where I live so I don't understand where the line is most of the time. Blackfacing unarguably not okay. As for people changing their skin tone a bit to fit the character it's okay in my opinion because well...there's not really a dark history behind it (as for as I know).  I don't think anyone tans themselves for malicious intentions either and people DO tan naturally if they're in the sun a lot or if they go to a tanning salon. However you can't naturally change your skin tone to black and I believe that's why I think fake tanning your skin for a character isn't as big of a problem as blackfacing.