Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

I want to be more sexually appealing/attractive, what are some general tips tricks and advice or weird things you do?

6 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey y'all, I think I have a good base as it is, I'm not hideously deformed.That's not the problem. What is, is that I feel like I could be better. I don't always feel my best. I don't have any curves, but I have trouble gaining weight, I don't know what my problem is and doctors don't either. So I try to eat a lot of fruit, veggies, drink water, make smoothies, stuff like that. I even drink protein shakes. I just don't feel like I look as cute as I could. Why do I feel like other girls are always more pretty and beautiful or feminine looking? Every time I look in the mirror or hear myself talk I just sound and look like a little kid or a 12 year old boy, and my face doesn't register as pretty to me unless I do a face mask and cover myself in a bunch of makeup and do my hair haha T_T ok so I guess my body dysmorphia is slipping out a bit, instead of this being a pleasant and helpful thread, but I just need to be honest with y'all. I don't know why I'm so ugly.

But anyway. what do you guys do to make yourself more beautiful or feel prettier? Exercise, diet, skincare, vitamins, spa treatments? How do you get the courage to leave the house and feel good about yourself

Posted

be self confident,you don't know how much self confidence will boost your attractiveness

Posted

how old are you?

be self confident,you don't know how much self confidence will boost your attractiveness

^ also this. "confidence is sexy" is corny but true.

Posted (edited)

I know most people aren't consciously thinking about their image and looks as much as me, it's one of my "quirks" aka I need therapy lol. Y'all are right. The other thing is I live in a super ghetto small town where there is no good reason to dress up nice, and my job requires me to wear slacks and a black t shirt lol. When I move, and get a new job I will have more incentive to want to dress nice but for now I need to save up money and make goals. I do slouch a lot, and give off the aura that I'm really uncomfortable lol but I never knew how to manage that apart from being high or pretending to be someone else. People have told me that I'm cute, and my boyfriend obviously thinks I'm hot, there must be something about me. But you know how some girls just seemingly have it all together or always have white teeth or can be engaging without looking overdone or tacky? That's how I wanna be. But maybe I am that person to someone else lol. I try to work with what I got obviously. I can't get surgery or anything. But I don't know how to be confident? What am I doing wrong? How do I look in the mirror and like myself and stop comparing myself to "perfect people" and caring about my appearance every day? Why do I always judge myself worse than others? 

how old are you?

^ also this. "confidence is sexy" is corny but true.

I'm 21

Edited by IATEYOMAMA

Posted

I know most people aren't consciously thinking about their image and looks as much as me, it's one of my "quirks" aka I need therapy lol. Y'all are right. The other thing is I live in a super ghetto small town where there is no good reason to dress up nice, and my job requires me to wear slacks and a black t shirt lol. When I move, and get a new job I will have more incentive to want to dress nice but for now I need to save up money and make goals. I do slouch a lot, and give off the aura that I'm really uncomfortable lol but I never knew how to manage that apart from being high or pretending to be someone else. People have told me that I'm cute, and my boyfriend obviously thinks I'm hot, there must be something about me. But you know how some girls just seemingly have it all together or always have white teeth or can be engaging without looking overdone or tacky? That's how I wanna be. But maybe I am that person to someone else lol. I try to work with what I got obviously. I can't get surgery or anything. But I don't know how to be confident? What am I doing wrong? How do I look in the mirror and like myself and stop comparing myself to "perfect people" and caring about my appearance every day? Why do I always judge myself worse than others? 

I'm 21

I think most people - even those you consider good looking - are insecure. I'm a lot more confident than I used to be, but I still have days where I hate myself and I wanna die because I just feel so ugly. But most days I feel alright about myself. Mostly it came down to just developing an idgaf attitude. Realizing that being perfect doesn't matter, and that most people's opinions don't matter either. Also PULL kind of helped, learning about all the photoshopping and procedures that a lot of people have definitely gave me a sense of perspective and more realistic expectations of what natural achievable beauty is. 

So yeah, being conventionally attractive is less important than being confident, but sometimes the little things can make you feel better. Get into skincare, clean out your closet, get a manicure, whatever works for you! There aren't really any quick n dirty tips anyone can give for something like that. I would definitely look into therapy - maybe CBT. I can def relate to being insecure, if you wanna vent/chat feel free to pm me <3

Posted

Perfect people don't exist, even if it looks like it because those perfect people also have insecurities they desperately try to hide. 

Like what foxing said, it's cheesy but confidence makes you feel sexy. I used to feel very insecure with the way I looked up until I was around 20 or so, and that's when I stopped caring so much about trying to look good in front of the GENERAL public. Now I sincerely don't believe the whole, "I dress up for me for my own confidence," because I genuinely believe we dress up for certain groups/sub genres of people ie. hipsters in front of other hipsters, goth scene, fraternity life, etc. However, if you wear what you want to wear because you think it looks great on you, that's one way to building some confidence. 

I started to feel sexy and confident once I admitted to myself that I was comparing myself to celebrities and trying to live up to the general beauty standard. I am EXTREMELY flat chested. At the age of 23, I am a 32A (honestly I think I may be a double A) yet I love my chest. I still wear revealing/provocative clothes at bars/parties because I learned to accept the body that I have (I'm pro body-positivity and being a hoe on my own terms lol). Not to sound like I'm bragging, but I was extremely popular during my undergrad years (graduated 2017) and dating wasn't a problem for me because I didn't care who found me attractive. If someone thought I was ugly, why should I care? Looks are external, and I rather someone wanted to get to know me because they liked my personality. Eventually after I stopped caring too much about what other people thought, I started finding myself more attractive. It felt great to love myself. People starting noticing that too, and that's when I started getting hit on a lot. I used to hate my face, and even though I still have insecurities about my external appearance, a lot of times I look in the mirror and think, "Wow who's that cutie? Oh wait it's me LOL."

What you can do for yourself externally is skincare for sure. I have very acne oily-prone skin, and I haven't had clear skin since I was 10 (13 years of acne to find out it's hormonal jfc) but when I do my Korean skincare routine, I feel so much happier with myself. Although I can't get 100% clear skin without a dermatologist, the skincare routine does relax me and make me feel good about myself. 

It's so cheesy, but I really like the anime Princess Jellyfish and there's a line that goes, "Every girl is born a princess, some of them just forget." YOU ARE A PRINCESS AND DON'T FORGET THAT.