• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

powerpuffsky / soraangelic / monotonesoraa

297 posts in this topic

Posted

Screenshot_2019-01-29_at_8.30.17_AM.thum

I find it kind of weird that they're holding off on releasing the results. Just tell us how much she faked her race?? Can anyone explain if there's an actual reason for that lmao

Posted (edited)

The full results are in! Sky even wrote an apology and is still claiming to at least have somewhat some Korean ancestry...? 

Her results 

Screen_Shot_2019-02-03_at_4.03.14_PM.thuScreen_Shot_2019-02-03_at_4.02.58_PM.thuScreen_Shot_2019-02-03_at_4.02.36_PM.thuScreen_Shot_2019-02-03_at_4.02.28_PM.thu

Her apology

Screen_Shot_2019-02-03_at_4.03.49_PM.thuScreen_Shot_2019-02-03_at_4.03.57_PM.thuScreen_Shot_2019-02-03_at_4.04.08_PM.thuScreen_Shot_2019-02-03_at_4.04.14_PM.thuScreen_Shot_2019-02-03_at_4.04.23_PM.thuIMG_5993.thumb.PNG.ba27fd706de0a01dec21d

Edited by prettyyoongs
i forgot something

Posted (edited)

The full results are in! Sky even wrote an apology and is still claiming to at least have somewhat some Korean ancestry...? 

Her results 

Screen_Shot_2019-02-03_at_4.03.14_PM.thuScreen_Shot_2019-02-03_at_4.02.58_PM.thuScreen_Shot_2019-02-03_at_4.02.36_PM.thuScreen_Shot_2019-02-03_at_4.02.28_PM.thu

Her apology

Screen_Shot_2019-02-03_at_4.03.49_PM.thuScreen_Shot_2019-02-03_at_4.03.57_PM.thuScreen_Shot_2019-02-03_at_4.04.08_PM.thuScreen_Shot_2019-02-03_at_4.04.14_PM.thuScreen_Shot_2019-02-03_at_4.04.23_PM.thuIMG_5993.thumb.PNG.ba27fd706de0a01dec21d

Wow, I'm surprised how much I guessed almost entirely correct. The only thing I missed was the Siberian and mixed up Nigerian for West African. :alpacashocked:

Anyway, regarding her family history, what I got from this is that she is not close to her father at all and was raised by her white/Thai mother in America. Now, both her mother and grandmother has Korean ancestry, hence Sky believed that she would also inherit some Korean DNA from them, but the test showed her and her brother did not inherit any of it even though their mother did (all 3 tested). Nevertheless, she will continue to say that she has East Asian heritage through her maternal family.

She also thought that her Mexican father was pure Native American and was surprised to find out that he is a regular mixed Mexican.

Currently she's waiting for that 5.2% to be specified in hopes that it will show more of her Asian side. 

She also admitted to editing her face with MakeupPlus and she never purposely edited her eyes to look more East Asian, but it was the eyeliner function doing that.

It's good that she'd admitted to all of this and apologized, however the thing that continues bother me is that she has never apologized for:

• The rice picker hat Halloween costume
  • Saying n*****
  • Saying ch*nky to describe her eyes
  • Defending her boyfriend saying n*****
  • Pandering toward Koreaboos and using East Asian aesthetics with Korean/Chinese/Japanese in pictures
Edited by Caeleigh

Posted

Screen_Shot_2019-02-03_at_4.04.14_PM.thuIMG_5993.thumb.PNG.ba27fd706de0a01dec21d

Ok so for neither her nor her brother to have Korean in them while her mom + grandma do, the percentage of their DNA that it was has got to be really, really low, like 2% or lower, which again due to the 50% confidence rating (which is considered highly speculative) is possibly just a blip. I wish I knew if she connected their accounts or not, because sharing data enables phasing which leads to more accurate results and I would feel more confident in their overall correctness.

Also in her apology she says that she's "not going to apologize for being East Asian because she is" while being actually 0% E. Asian (CH, KR, JP) and being ~18% S.E. Asian (they are labelled all under "East Asian" on 23&me, but any Thai, Myanma, Indonesian, etc likely considers themselves S.E. Asian), but she's totally still milking the E. Asian thing. 

Posted

her grandma/mom were prob 1% korean and suddenly she’s ‘uwu!1! im so korean 😌’. she’s not ea, she’s claiming to be it with her 1.3%. she’s just like those people who claim to be black or native with just 1.0% lol. and her acting shocked that her dad isn’t ‘full mexican’ is ???... what’s a full mexican sis? mexicans are mixed, they were originally native but then they got colonized... go back to history class sweatie.

she has to own up now that her dna test got released if not she would continue with the eyelid blurring and pretending to be ‘korean uwu’

Posted

fam being 1.3% southeast asian or broadly chinese ain't even close to enough to pass her for what she did lmao 

Posted (edited)

I also did the 23andme test and found out I got like 2% Chinese in me. Should I disregard the other 98% of my result and just go on about how I got East Asian in me like that's all that matters? LMAO..

Why is this girl going on about East Asians and being East Asian when her mom ain't even it. Does she know that Thailand is a part of South East Asia which would make her mom and consequently her, SEA? You can tell this girl was not raised with an Asian identity if she literally can't tell the difference between the two.

She's just trying to cling to that result that tells her she's 51.6% East Asian and Native American because then she can justify that she's somewhat EA.

Smh I can't believe it's trendy to be Asian now when I got shit on so hard when I was a kid for being Asian. 

Edited by blissfully

Posted

It's good that she'd admitted to all of this and apologized, however the thing that continues bother me is that she has never apologized for:

• Saying n*****
  • Pandering toward Koreaboos and using East Asian aesthetics with Korean/Chinese/Japanese in pictures

No, it's okay. She's 3.5% African, which makes her a black woman now, so she can say it... 9_9

Posted (edited)

Her apology

IMG_5993.thumb.PNG.ba27fd706de0a01dec21d

I honestly don't understand why she keeps denying that she photoshops. Using makeup apps to alter your features is considered photoshop. Unless I'm wrong???? Because that's not how she looks like in her selfies compared to her unshooped face. Does she think that it only counts as photoshop if you use adobe or some shit? And her talking about using makeup apps "harshly"??? LMAO, just say it! You "harshly" airbrushed your eyes to hell and back to make them look slanted.

Also, I do agree with users above. She is definitely milking the "East Asian and Native American" heading from 23andMe. She honestly can't accept the truth that her SEA genes came in stronger than  her 1% EA blip of a percentage. Being 100% SEA, I can bet that if I took this damn test I'll come out with 1% too but I won't go around calling myself EA. 

EDIT: her account seems to be deactivated right now

• Saying n*****

On the topic of her boyfriend: Sky and her BF are both dumbasses for using DNA testing companies to justify their EA claims. Like, her boyfriend used ancestry.com and it told him he had a high percentage of DNA from China. So now he's Chinese, which, you know, is East Asian. *gags* It's honestly embarrassing. And guess what, Neff? It's actually pretty common for Hmong people to get their DNA results back as "Chinese" (https://www.quora.com/Are-there-any-Hmong-people-here-who-has-taken-a-DNA-test-Would-you-mind-sharing-your-results-here) but it really doesn't mean anything since we are different language and culture wise. It might be a different case for Hmong-Chinese (as in Hmong people currently living in China today) versus Hmong-Americans whose roots go back to SEA (Laos, Vietnam, Thailand). And seeing as Sky's boyfriend is Hmong-American, he literally has no ties to his "Chinese" background, nor does his parents or grandparents for that matter. The two of them are a match made in heaven, honestly. Both desperate to have EA ties for clout. 

Edited by Internet Explorer

Posted (edited)

Anyway, regarding her results, given that she says her mother is white/Thai, I was surprised to see that her entire European breakdown was something that Latinas would get (referring to the Spanish & Portuguese + Italian + Ashkenazi Jewish + Broadly Southern/Northwestern combination). Earlier I predicted from her censored results that the color chart looks typical for a 3/4 Mexican 1/4 Thai person.

Sky even claimed she was German through her white side, but has 0% French & German in her results. Compared to that regular mixed white Americans get some French & German and British & Irish, but she's got absolutely neither.

All of this means, that if her mother is white, then she has to be Spanish American, otherwise she might also be Hispanic but lying about it too.

Additionally, I think at one point she's mentioned having a Hispanic mother at one point and knowing some Spanish, so if her Mexican father is not in her life, then that has to be her mother who taught her kids Spanish and upholds a Hispanic home. 

She has already lied and tried to milk her mother's EA heritage, so what are the chances she's doing the same for the German/white heritage too??  

None of this is adding up.

Edited by Caeleigh

Posted

just saw that she activated her Instagram again 

4721A48E-4689-4B70-8331-C8D259653AF8.jpeg

Posted

just saw that she activated her Instagram again 

4721A48E-4689-4B70-8331-C8D259653AF8.jpeg

her face is so blurred out

real people have skin texture , she should drop these beauty apps asap