• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

powerpuffsky / soraangelic / monotonesoraa

297 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

powerpuffsky / soraangelic: @Instagram (new) //// @Instagram (former)

pwrpffsky.thumb.jpg.05d303182021bb674aa0

powerpuffsky/soraangelic, or known simply as Sky is a 16-year-old Instagram personality who has been caught lying about faking her ethnicity for clout.

The Story:

Sky (not real name) received quick fame for her cute face on Instagram as she gained 15k+ followers despite having less than 20 photos. However, people could tell that she obviously heavily edited her face, especially her eyes which she stretches out for a more stereotypical Asian appearance. See below:

81EBB1E4-778C-4FD8-847E-C5D3D24ED9CA.thu

A0E34DE9-4373-4863-A9AA-73C2A5AAC8D9.thu

20180628_185100.thumb.png.8bf555157149c9

20180628_185123.thumb.png.8ba6f3b0f528a0

She had claimed that she is half Mexican on her father's side and half German + Thai + Chinese + Korean on her mother's side, but neither are from Asia.

claim1.thumb.png.18fc41922ec9f9708174f05

claim2.thumb.png.d32af401db50939a6f8b8d1

claim3.thumb.png.161c3f5dc80e125ea0a1234

At the same time, Sky claimed that another Instagram user by the name of tttaeo/taetoy/yuuabel is her cousin and that tttaeo is German + Taiwanese. 

tttaeo.thumb.png.c1aed669894fbff11a60262

The claims obviously did not match up at all, and it was evident from their images that tttaeo is in fact Sky pretending to be her own cousin while dressing up even more as a stereotypical Asian person (skin whitening, gestures, black wig, makeup style). See evidence below:

evi1.thumb.jpeg.00fca3019a6271892d2986d2

evi2.thumb.jpeg.3728a3207d6515ed995b69ad

evi3.thumb.jpeg.38842b0bdba2fe8714769705

evi4.thumb.jpeg.99307b61a284bb3b2f914de1

evi5.thumb.jpeg.db82da1fe1c6f0920cd73faa

Older images of Sky were found, which proved that she had heavily edited her images to appear more like a stereotypical Asian. It was found that she is part Mexican on her father's side and part Thai on her mother's side, but added German + Chinese + Korean to appear more "exotic mixed and cool" to appeal to people on social media for fame/clout.

In reality, she has 8 siblings and one of her sisters married married a Korean man so she has cousins who are mixed Mexican + Thai + Korean.

cau1.thumb.jpeg.cf354502b8eef364efc0dc31

cau2.thumb.jpeg.256501d672d9567c72c1d951

cau3.thumb.jpeg.115ffd9caeca2d5b2b16fc51

cau4.thumb.jpeg.b7962d3b1cc3bdb7b168ea56

cau5.thumb.jpeg.ec5842337566d4aa59920e85

Edited by Caeleigh

Posted (edited)

her real face without the edit and skin whitening. photos found from her old accounts:

sky 2.jpg

sky.jpg

Edited by quickshine

Posted

her real face without all the eye pulling edit and skin whitening. photos found from her old accounts:

sky 2.jpg

sky.jpg

You don't have to shoop, girl. She's already gorgeous without that abnoxious eye pulling. 

well, everything you do for clout 9_9.

Posted (edited)

Edited by *
wanted to add something

Posted

i guess since taetoy is part of this thread i'll just add in some photos:

taetoy claims to be half taiwanese. now we all know that mixed asians look different but there are almost 0 clear photos of taetoy's face or eyes and it's probably to hide their true ethnicity. it looks like taetoy is squinting to appear more asian, a clear sign that there is something weird going on. even if they were actually 1/2 taiwanese, it's incredibly self-unaware and mildly fetishy to act this way because they're clearly going for the ulzzang boy look and the name taeo is korean sounding and not a taiwanese/chinese name at all.

download.thumb.jpg.7c9b32f79fa0d6900af0a

The look is very stereotypical white people vision of Kpop idols... don't need any more photos to spot that this is a race faker. It's just way too uncanny and stereotypical

Posted

Sooo what is her ethnicity? Just mexican? She was already cute I don’t understand why she wants to be asian to begin with.

Posted (edited)

out

Edited by kotone

Posted (edited)

Sooo what is her ethnicity? Just mexican? She was already cute I don’t understand why she wants to be asian to begin with.

She’s Mexican and Thai but she threw in Korean and Chinese in the mix. She’s on the general koreaboo thread.

do you guys think her boyfriend knows this? 👀

They’re on an LDR online relationship so I assume they talk on facetime? 

Edited by quickshine

Posted (edited)

Edited by deathwish

Posted

Taeo is a friend of mine, and I don't think he's lying about his ethnicity. He is a pretty good person, but that powerpuffsky person is somethin' else. 

Sounds a bit far stretched...

could you in some way provide proof of this?

Posted

For me she looks like a normal boring girl.. nothing special about her ...  

Posted

Taeo is a friend of mine, and I don't think he's lying about his ethnicity. He is a pretty good person, but that powerpuffsky person is somethin' else. 

like a real life friend of yours or....???

ask him to clarify how he’s cousins with powerpuffsky when powerpuffsky is mexican & thai but taeo is white & taiwanese.

Posted (edited)

Edited by deathwish

Posted (edited)

But how can you honestly vouch for someone you've never met offline?

You can be anyone on the internet. Just because someone presents themselves as a genuine person doesn't mean that's true of them.

I'm not saying I'm vouching for him, all I know is that he's a good kid. He's been nothing but genuine towards me in our conversations we've had, and we have been mutuals for around 1 1/2 years. If you guys want to take that as me defending him, I'm not, but I've known most of his accounts that he's had in the past (he used to cosplay) and all I can say is that he's always looked like that. 

Also, here’s proof that we’re mutuals/friends or whatever. BE89D50B-EAB3-482A-8DD6-5FEB6CD6879A.thu

(Blocked out for privacy reasons)

E46461E0-350C-49B1-8120-0B6113E9F93F.thu

^ It’s a pretty shitty gif, but my account is the blank space where the “follow” buttons are. 

Edited by deathwish
Added proof