• Announcements

• *NEW* PULL FAQ   07/11/20

Hello. It has been a long time coming, but we finally have a PULL FAQ! In this FAQ you may find answers to most commonly asked questions here on the site. Please make sure to read the FAQ before asking a question in the Site Feedback (formerly the "Make Your Voice Heard") subforum as chances are your question has already been answered. If it has not been answered, then feel free to ask your question within the thread or make a new one with your question. The FAQ can be found in 2 locations: The News & Announcements section and the Site Feedback section. We hope this helps current and new users. Thank you.

Emilie Autumn (Updated June 21st)

291 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

EA is slightly irrelevant now but she's still a snowflake with some lulzy shit.

im on mobile so this summary will be short but basically she's a drama queen with an ego the size of Jupiter and actually thinks she's relevant. She claimed that Zack Snyder copied her book (The Asylum for Wayward Victorian Girls) when he made Sucker Punch. lol bc he read your stupid book. And that lady gaga copied her (let it be known this is when gaga was at her prime and not now as she has about as much relevancy as EA). Ok EA. Ok.

Shes a snowflake because she's a liar. She lied about her whole family dying in a fire where currently only her father is dead and from my research she wasn't that close to him. She lies about her age (she's two years older than she says she is). She lies about her name (She claims her name is Emilie Autumn Liddel when her real name is Emily Autumn Fritzges and she was called Autumn).

She does blow up on her fans.

She's known to rip people off: her latest drama with this is her audiobooks. People preordered an audiobook of The Asylum for Wayward Victorian Girls and Emilie said that it would be released in July of 2014. As I am writing this in December of 2015 no one has gotten their audiobooks.

image.thumb.jpg.9a1fb06ac3e37252dca417cd

Her back in Enchant (c.2003)

image.thumb.jpg.ff4d9c9da3dd29fe56808c99

Opheliac era (c. 2007-2010)

image.thumb.jpg.b77ea79095885f3407ce3997how she looks these days. 

Update: The audiobook will be released June 24th, 2016 bare in mind it was to be released July of 2014 lul

Update 2: pdf of her book is now $30 despite it being $20 at one point. Ok guuurl lol

Edited by Ashtar

Posted

I actually like her music, and her book. I honestly believed that all her stories about her family and name was just part of her stage persona o_O It never ocurred to me she could mean that seriously. But then I never did much research about her. 

Posted

I actually like her music, and her book. I honestly believed that all her stories about her family and name was just part of her stage persona o_O It never ocurred to me she could mean that seriously. But then I never did much research about her. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/emilieautumn/status/11670577995

I think she legally had it changed to Emilie Autumn Liddell but then it doesn't make sense she made it seem like it wa sa curse she has the same name as Alice Liddell who she has no relation to.

yeah she just wants to believe she's special tbh. I mean I used to be a fan too but there really is no denying her scams, lies, and rudeness to fans and others. 

This will be added to the summary but she claims her tattoo W147 (or something) is her ward number but there are no wards in today's mental institutions

Posted

Oh wow... I never knew she was like that. She was just another musician, to me.

Posted

I was a HUGE fan of hers for years and years. I'd say since the beginning of the opheliac era. I made a lot of local friends through the forum and I actually still listen to her on a very rare occasion. I actually thought she could do no harm tbh. At least not until her "I have less money than ALL OF YOU" rant just because people were joking about free tickets. Not only did she take take comments too far, but she certainly did not make less money than me and probably more than half her fan base. Especially because she loves to flaunt her expensive wines and champagnes and all her nice hotels. And to be quite frank, the "little bit of money" that she does have was because of her fans. The fact that she chose to rant at them because she was having a brat attack is absolutely immature and very telling of her personality.

Regardless, I stuck through until the weird Mohawk thing and realized that it was all getting pretty silly. She went from being an artist to being a gimmick. With the shitty FLAG album that they're STILL trying to claim will be an AFWVG musical, to the overpriced self-insert fanfiction, I just lost all respect for her. Emilie isn't an artist anymore. She's just a fame hungry brat who's lost site of what she used to be. Oh, I also didn't like devil's carnival but that's a whole other thing lol

Posted

it's back, the thread about the holy queen of snowflakes that actually sold fanfiction about herself.

im with firecracker here, been a huge fan and a local on the forum since opheliac, EA is as crazy as they come. very glad i never spent a dime on her albums/merch/book. she deserves none of it. 

i admit to listening to her music on the rare occasion im feeling insufferably emo.

Posted (edited)

When I listen to her music now I'm usually in one of my "weird moods" which isn't as common since I moved away from my family. She certainly caters to a certain kind of crazy. (Let's be honest, we all weren't in the most sane state of mind back in those days. haha) What I've noticed with a lot of these victorian/steampunk artists is that they've all gotten consumed by the gimmick. Steam Powered Giraffe and Abney Park are good examples of this. They get consumed by the characters and the stories and it becomes a mess. Regardless of how cool your costumes are, you still need the talent to back it up. Emilie was never really a top notch writer or performer but she was genuine and full of emotion. She really isn't an artist that can let the actual substance take the back seat because without it she's just a really pretentious goth who thinks she's cooler than the others because she doesn't wear black.

EDIT: Sorry. EA really did consume a large chunk of my life so I was around for a lot of the drama. Like a lot of fans I made the mistake of getting too committed and got upset when she started to show her true colors. Seems lame now but we were stupid teenagers and the community was very, very, very opening. :alpacaworry:

Edited by Fire Cracker

Posted

I used to be a big fan of her when I was a young teen going through my emo phase. I had no idea about any of these scandals, this is a total eye opener :Alpacamad:

Posted

Like many here, I'd like her stuff but never really invested in her as an artist cause something seemed off about her to me but after reading this, I can see why and sorta glad I didn't invest.

Then again, I listened to EA around the time of Porcelain and the Tramps or Porcelain Black or whatever she calls herself now...

Posted

Not gonna lie, I still jam pretty hard to Rose Red whenever iTunes shuffle pulls it up (rest assured I didn't pay for it though lol). I remember reading a blog interview and she just seemed.... Fake? Like her answers didn't really connect at times or they just seemed off. Never knew about her audio book or her claims of being poorer than her fans or whatever. Also I'm laughing my ass off at her nearly Baudelaire-esque "everyone died in the fire" story. 

Posted

i was friends with a girl she snapped at on the forum once, said girl was one of her most dedicated fans and EA just fucking lost it on her. i think that's when i lost all respect for her, even as i watched that girl still stand for her and not mind the lash out, i just felt like i wouldn't wanna be one of those blind fans that just dont recognise their favourite artists' faults.

Posted

I'm kinda confused about her age :lamasad: She claims to be born in 1979, but she is really born in 1977?o.O What difference does that make, lol :alpacadone: 

Posted

Tbh I wonder the same thing. I could see her knocking 5 years off her real age but nope just two. But yes she was really born in 1977 it's funny because on her album On a Day she wrote her birthdate as 1977. I don't know why she changed it to 1979

Posted

I've never been one to pay attention to the private lives of musicians, I'm the type of person that just listens to the music and ignores the rest. Can't say that I've ever been a huge fan of her work, but I do enjoy her music on occasion, so hearing this about her after all of these years is just so baffling! The fact that she is so old only makes it worse... these sort of snowflake lies are the sort you'd expect from a 15 year old!

Posted

she apparently fell out with one of her co-stars/best friends (and the most talented one of the bunch, IMHO) recently, another one's been exposed for scams. guess everyone around her is either too blind to see she's toxic until she pushes too far or equally as bad.