• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Brianna Slaughter / Morena In Japan

5524 posts in this topic

Posted

ehhh not to defend her but she lives in Japan, she's gonna wear a kimono just like every foreigner who lives there. I don't see how we can compare her wearing a kimono in Japan to Koreans wearing box braids.

i mean she shit talks japan on every occasion, so 

Posted

you're one to talk bri

20190527_162747.png

20190527_162813.png

eh, as much as I agree that she's a hypocrite I wouldn't say that these two things are the same

She's still a bitch tho

Posted

Honestly I dont want to start a debate because its gonna derail the thread, but about the box braids I feel like it's a complicated topic and depending where people grew up, if they're part of the African diaspora or not the opinions are very different and they all have value imo

Anyways if anyone wants to have a civil discussion about it feel free to message me

That being said, I find it interesting for her to hate any kind of cultural exchange when she's been wearing kimonos and you know......studies in Japan 

Posted

new from norwy. do hate her. hope a STD come to her.

Posted

new from norwy. do hate her. hope a STD come to her.

I don't like her either, but that's a bit intense to wish a disease on her, my friend. 

Posted (edited)

She took that photo for kimono modeling in JAPAN. Kyoto has plenty of shops where Japanese people are more than welcoming to offer foreigners kimonos to rent and take pictures in. If Japanese people didn't want kimonos worn by people who weren't Japanese, they'd put signs on their shops say "no foreigners" like they do in some other places. So if Japanese people who helped her put on this kimono didn't have a problem with her or other foreigners wearing them, then it's not a problem. But if you think so, I hope you call out other foreigners, especially the whites who wear kimonos and post them on their instas too. 

As for the box braids, it's different. Black people have been criticized for wearing braids and other hairstyles for years, sometimes rejected from jobs and other opportunities because it's seen as "ghetto" or "dirty" but let non blacks wear them and suddenly they get appreciated for having unique fashion images and trends. To put it simply, people who are not black should not wear hairstyles like braids or dreads. 

These two situations can't be compared. 

Edited by Cameron Riley

Posted

As for the box braids, it's different. Black people have been criticized for wearing braids and other hairstyles for years, sometimes rejected from jobs and other opportunities because it's seen as "ghetto" or "dirty" but let non blacks wear them and suddenly they get appreciated for having unique fashion images and trends. To put it simply, people who are not black should not wear hairstyles like braids or dreads. 

These two situations can't be compared. 

This. Yes, Bri is a terrible human but there's nothing wrong with trying on a kimono while in Japan as a form of cultural appreciation. It'd be a different story if she was just walking around in America in a traditional Kimono as "fashion".  

Posted

I don't like her either, but that's a bit intense to wish a disease on her, my friend. 

I mean I wouldnt wish an incurable illness on anyone, but if she gets something like the clap...

giphy_(3).thumb.gif.188ea483b07c3f53d26b

Posted

Bri is just one big scandal away from moving up the Little Snowflake thread next to the liked of Kenna. But I'm not sure she's even relevant enough for anyone to care lol

Posted (edited)

Bri is just one big scandal away from moving up the Little Snowflake thread next to the liked of Kenna. But I'm not sure she's even relevant enough for anyone to care lol

Idk I mean she has a long history of scamming followers, telling people to kill themselves and attempting to dox people, plus the fact that she may have raped someone. That's quite a bit worse than a number of the little snowflakes if you ask me.

Edited by Sugi

Posted

Honestly Brianna is much more of a snowflake and way more problematic than Kenna has ever been.

Posted

Idk I mean she has a long history of scamming followers, telling people to kill themselves and attempting to dox people, plus the fact that she may have raped someone. That's quite a bit worse than a number of the little snowflakes if you ask me.

the difference between Bri and the Little Snowflakes is that all the Little Snowflakes got a lot of media attention, which is why I mentioned that Bri might not even be relevant anymore to get covered. She would blow up if she got into the crossfire of the Youtube commentators