• Announcements

• Recent changes to PULL   07/07/19

Hello everyone,   As promised, we're working on some changes to improve the forum and community! So far, here are the recent changes: Negative reputation has been disabled. Upvoting remains intact. This is a trial run to deal with whiteknights brigading certain topics and salty users mass-downvoting users they disagree with. Some text formatting options have been removed. Some users like to format their posts in ways that make them harder to read or downright obnoxious. (Light colors, tiny fonts, etc), so this helps make threads more readable. If you find yourself needing post formatting because you're making a new thread, please contact a mod and we will make it happen. New threads have to be approved anyway, so you're not going to have to start out with an ugly thread. Text formatting remains available to all users who have supported us via Patreon.No more threads on "Online Personalities". We will NOT lock or remove old threads, but we won't approve new threads about people who don't have any history of drama or controversies. Some threads will be moved to the snowflake sections if applicable. Read the new topic guidelines before you make a new thread.Here are our works in progress: New categories will be added. "Little Snowflakes" is too broad of a spectrum, so we're going to sort our flakes into a few sub-sections to keep things organized. We will also make more use of tags for those flakes who transcend categories. This will also allow us to appoint moderators to specific categories or snowflakes. New moderators will be onboarded soon. 

Brianna Slaughter / Morena In Japan

5468 posts in this topic

Posted

Livestream notes (not that interesting tbh)

- He studies English 'something', so he's also in education surprisingly.

- Don't see any chemistry between them, they ignore all the 'does he love you' questions. Maybe they don't see them but she literally stares at the comments sometimes. 

- Kind of annoyed with her fans, they kept saying he's 'singing' when he talks but that's because Japanese is a musical sounding language compared to English, he's speaking English with a Japanese accent. Even Bri doesn't seem to understand that. I mean I don't know if it annoys him, but he hasn't laughed or smiled the whole video (except for maybe ONCE but he was wearing a mask, so who knows). 

- Everyone keeps asking Sonny's age and she calls her fans annoying, says they're joking but I'm pretty sure they actually don't know. 

- Someone asks why she doesn't answer questions in live and she just reads out the question and doesn't answer it. One of her fans just told another fan to watch her youtube Q and A for answers?? Isn't an instagram live FOR answering questions?

I really shouldn't have stayed all the way, that live was so boring. 

All of these are pretty mild, but the fact that she called her fans annoying when maybe it was a question they really wanted to know just... She makes up whatever she wants and just runs with it.

Yeah I only watched a little bit of it. There was one point where Bri's mother asked about how long it took for money to be transferred via paypal or something,

Posted

Screenshot_20190105-233055.png

Posted

Screenshot_20190105-233055.png

"steal the dogs"? Don't give her ideas, jfc

Posted

"steal the dogs"? Don't give her ideas, jfc

Do as the orbiter's username says and remove her from ig please. Dogs' safety is on the line ffs:alpacadone:

Posted

Maybe I’m ignorant and please do englighten me!!! But how does she expect to get a political job involving a government and a country that she isn’t a citizen of? Or fluent in the language of? Like, I genuinely can’t see her becoming involved seriously in politics because she’s a foreigner, and I don’t think I’ve seen very many foreigners in that field? If they are, it’s always research studies done from afar and never from within or direct involvement? 

And as much as I hate to highlight this fact because it’s truly unfair, foreign degrees don’t do well in America.. Like.. It’s honestly upsetting, but seeing a degree from another country in a field that doesn’t heavily correlate with the job is almost a gaurenteed decline. I don’t know what she means by anything political but if she became a writer on Japanese politics that’s probably her best option?

8F81C98B-D3C2-4A40-951F-1119DFAFFCA7.png

Posted

Maybe I’m ignorant and please do englighten me!!! But how does she expect to get a political job involving a government and a country that she isn’t a citizen of? Or fluent in the language of? Like, I genuinely can’t see her becoming involved seriously in politics because she’s a foreigner, and I don’t think I’ve seen very many foreigners in that field? If they are, it’s always research studies done from afar and never from within or direct involvement? 

And as much as I hate to highlight this fact because it’s truly unfair, foreign degrees don’t do well in America.. Like.. It’s honestly upsetting, but seeing a degree from another country in a field that doesn’t heavily correlate with the job is almost a gaurenteed decline. I don’t know what she means by anything political but if she became a writer on Japanese politics that’s probably her best option?

8F81C98B-D3C2-4A40-951F-1119DFAFFCA7.png

Yeahhhh she seems to be going for more of the writing path now based on her boyfriend video. If she wants to combine that with Japanese politics, she's going to have a rough time of doing so without solid control of the language. Nobody wants to hihire a writer who can't understand the topic she's writing about firsthand or do interviews

Posted

She must really dislike her parents

C59B2E1C-3AC1-476F-A913-D8A5086D72C8.jpeg

Posted

She must really dislike her parents

C59B2E1C-3AC1-476F-A913-D8A5086D72C8.jpeg

Ironically the most toxic thing her mom does is condone her bullshit instead of stepping in and being a parent

Posted (edited)

Unfortunately for her, even political science degrees in the U.S. are notoriously seen as a "useless" major. (No judgement: I am saying this as someone with a "useless" major myself.) They generally only lead to two paths: continuing to grad school becoming a scholar/researcher, or working on political campaigns. The political campaigns path is already going to be a bust for her, because she's not going to school in the U.S. and thus can't intern for a political figure and gain that important experience that's generally expected before graduation. Not only that, she just doesn't genuinely seem interested in politics outside her very vague, fake-woke concepts of social justice; she has no concrete politicians she seems to support, and no sincere or specific political opinions or ideas.

As for research, this would probably be the most viable path since she could technically write about political relations within Japan for a western audience which could possibly be lucrative. She doesn't seem to actually care for research and education, however, and I can't see her being the type of person who would care enough to properly source, cite, and quality-check her information. And as @Sugi said, her language skills would need to improve exponentially for her to interact with Japanese people and gain new informants. But in this option (unfortunately?) her reputation is going to fuck things up for her because any grad school she applied to would surely Google her ass and be like "NOPE." 

As @Yellow said above, she's literally just wasting time and her education in Japan to chase Asian dick. She's probably hoping she can hook one into marrying her (or, please god no, get pregnant) so she can stay there with little to no effort. Which is just bizarre to me, considering how much she claims to hate it there. 

Edited by chaisah
disclaimer

Posted

She could combine both politics and writing and work as a journalist though. Like as associative in Japan for an US news outlet. I know people who did that 🤷

Posted

According to her old go fund me she had before she came to Japan, her plan was to work for Foreign Service. She has never talked about that though and not sure how getting a Japanese politics degee will help out for that if she wanted to be a Foreign Service officer in the US. But like others said, she probably didn't care what degrees she went for as long as she got access to Asian men.

Posted

There’s another thing that will hinder her lack of creativity. So it’s true foreign degrees usually don’t get you very far in the USA or Canada unless you’re creative and manage to find jobs in fields that pay well and are loosely related to your degree. What she should’ve done or should do is eventually apply to a US grad school or something that way she has more job options. Or the smart thing to do would’ve been to get an American degree and then go study in Japan. I know a few people who did that and they either work in Japan or work in their home country in a field focusing on Japan or Asia.

Long story short she screwed herself over and I don’t feel sorry for her.

Posted

I don't think she'll ever by able to work in the public eye such as a journalist or do any work in politics. She burned those bridges pretty spectacularly with the video's she puts up.  No boss or school will want to work with someone who presents themselves as her. Let's be real, before anyone hires anyone they do a google search. Who in their right mind would want to/wants their school to be associated with that mess.

Posted (edited)

I don't think she'll ever by able to work in the public eye such as a journalist or do any work in politics. She burned those bridges pretty spectacularly with the video's she puts up.  No boss or school will want to work with someone who presents themselves as her. Let's be real, before anyone hires anyone they do a google search. Who in their right mind would want to/wants their school to be associated with that mess.

Exactly. I don't think she could ever be taken seriously in any type of professional job like politics or journalism with her online history. Bragging online about hoeing with 50 dicks, being a shoplifter, a racist, an e-begger and a drug user generally don't sit well with employers in any country, but especially not in a conservative country like Japan. That's why (normal) people have to be cautious about their online presence; it can and will come back to haunt you forever.

Edited by Joonce