• Announcements

• Official PULL Discord! (Updated)   01/14/19

Hi Everyone!  We've opened up an official discord. In order to join, you need to have posted at least 20 comments on PULL! This is to make sure we don't let in any flakes with ulterior motives. After joining, you will receive a DM with instructions on how to get verified! Also, your registration date needs to be earlier than December 2018 so that we don't get a ton of people signing up only to join the Discord but without actually contributing to PULL. Drop by and chat here: https://discord.gg/KDF2kt5 Also, we need to upgrade our server in the very near future. PULL grows bigger by the day (yay!) but  to handle the load, we need upgrades. For less than the cost of what you spend on Netflix, we can continue to host your content. Whether it's $1 or $5 a month, all gifts are appreciated. Please consider giving here: https://www.patreon.com/PULL We've also added a gofundme link: https://www.gofundme.com/PULLnet Thank you for your continued love and support!

Brianna Slaughter / Morena In Japan

3437 posts in this topic

Posted

Of course she responded in the absolute dumbest way she possibly could, why am I not surprised 

Posted

Well I guess we just wait for the mods now 

Posted

Trying to sue for "slander" when she doesn't even know that "slander" refers to spoken defamation. Great start. 

Posted

Poor PULL lol I’ve seen sooo many entitled snowflakes throw fits and try to get the site taken down, stay strong mods 

Posted

So they are talking about suing the site now and Bri said she messaged Nyx 

Screenshot_2018-11-20-21-01-32-2.png

Pretty sure slander is oral and the term you're looking for is libel, but alright. Also not even a law student but googling shit I don't know about before posting does wonders Bri just fyi. ;) (That being said if someone knows more and sees a mistake correct me) I believe the forum as a whole falls under this phrase:

"fair comment

n. a statement of opinion (no matter how ludicrous) based on facts which are correctly stated and which does not allege dishonorable motives on the part of the target of the comment. The U.S. Supreme Court has ruled that to protect free speech, statements made about a public person (politician, officeholder, movie star, author, etc.), even though untrue and harmful, are fair comment unless the victim can prove the opinions were stated maliciously-with hate, dislike, intent and/or desire to harm. Thus, a public figure may not sue for defamation based on published opinions or alleged information which would be the basis of a lawsuit if said or published about a private person not worthy of opinion or comment. This is a crucial defense against libel suits put up by members of the media"

Posted

I can't wait for what the mods say. I hope Nyx-san exposes her like what Nyx-san did with Knite lmaooo.

K6oJx9S.thumb.gif.1fba798cf8a5166da7e20d

Posted

She begs for money but now thinks she can sue?? With what money? Can't skip her daily dose of McDonalds lmao

Posted

To Bri-fans: It must come as quite a shock to you all. The j-vlog world is already largely white and male, so it really sucks to find out someone giving a different perspective is problematic.

If you're looking for another black woman to follow in Japan who talks about their love life, then I recommend Alyse S. She's been in the country for several years and she's married to a Japanese guy. She seems like a really positive person and she goes on all sorts of cool adventures.

Posted

She begs for money but now thinks she can sue?? With what money? Can't skip her daily dose of McDonalds lmao

maybe if she saves up her mcnuggies money she can afford a lawyer in a year or two

Posted (edited)

To Bri-fans: It must come as quite a shock to you all. The j-vlog world is already largely white and male, so it really sucks to find out someone giving a different perspective is problematic.

If you're looking for another black woman to follow in Japan who talks about their love life, then I recommend Alyse S. She's been in the country for several years and she's married to a Japanese guy. She seems like a really positive person and she goes on all sorts of cool adventures.

I concur. It sucks when the only person who's representing you is problematic. :alpacamad:

Here are some other black female jvloggers:

KemushiChan (Loretta), a grad student on the MEXT scholarship: https://www.youtube.com/user/kemushichan

and

RamandaBDaisuki, who now lives in the US with her Japanese husband and kids now but still active on Instagram. She was a JET in Hokkaido: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6FHjH9pBMYE-wNtzin9TLA

They're also black, lived in Japan for a longer time, and are not problematic at all.

For juicy and risque topics that Bri does, you can join certain black/female expat facebook groups when you move to Japan. She's not that original.

Edited by ichigomilk

Posted

Yo, I just read the article written by throwawayyy-chan and wow.... Briana, you are sick.

tumblr_noiuso5mHU1uo1fdoo1_400.thumb.gif

Posted

i usually never check pull more than once a day because i have an addictive personality but i just checked up again and..

there were 32 new comments.. that's usually what builds up after a few days

it's starting

Posted

Apparently we're racist weebs hahaha

Screenshot_20181121-114952.thumb.png.b00

Guess they must have missed the super-active thread about blackfishing and the fact that we frequently and repeatedly call out racists on here

Oh and the fact that Bri shits on black men constantly

Posted (edited)

She can't even BEGIN to sue anyone, let alone this website, for libel or defamation and slander. LMAO. There are soo many boxes you need to check before you're even considered for it. She should educate herself instead of whatever the fuck she does walking around in the streets. 

Pretty sure slander is oral and the term you're looking for is libel, but alright. Also not even a law student but googling shit I don't know about before posting does wonders Bri just fyi. ;) (That being said if someone knows more and sees a mistake correct me) I believe the forum as a whole falls under this phrase:

"fair comment

n. a statement of opinion (no matter how ludicrous) based on facts which are correctly stated and which does not allege dishonorable motives on the part of the target of the comment. The U.S. Supreme Court has ruled that to protect free speech, statements made about a public person (politician, officeholder, movie star, author, etc.), even though untrue and harmful, are fair comment unless the victim can prove the opinions were stated maliciously-with hate, dislike, intent and/or desire to harm. Thus, a public figure may not sue for defamation based on published opinions or alleged information which would be the basis of a lawsuit if said or published about a private person not worthy of opinion or comment. This is a crucial defense against libel suits put up by members of the media"

Because she chose to be a "public figure" on youtube, she will also have to prove additional things JUST to be taken into consideration. There's a reason you don't see big, loaded, ACTUAL celebrities winning libel or slander and defamation cases left and right (assuming this happens through US law).

*can't give anymore upvotes 

Edited by DarkSavage