• Announcements

• PULL Archiving   07/22/20

Hi all, I paid the server bill for the month so the site can be archived, sorry for the mess, didn't realize there'd be such an uproar. The site's in read-only mode. Happy archiving. Here's a link to a user-made PULL discord server: https://discord.gg/vZFEm75

Brianna Slaughter / holyterrainbri

7518 posts in this topic

Posted

She is so awkward looking 

245E4170-E545-4BE3-8549-A6B1E79CA63C.jpeg

I was about to post this because it appeared on my personal Facebook. I know someone from that picture back in college so when they posted it I was like “that girl looks familiar”.

35553441-2777-40D9-9B2A-6F988919CD3E.jpeg

Posted (edited)

Ok so I gotta bring this back up, because this is my point exactly. "I am a conventionally attractive, light-skin person." Always has to make sure to bring up that she's "light-skin" even though she isn't, which somehow adds to her "conventional attractiveness". 

raise brow.gif

Edited by LemonAngel

Posted (edited)

Ok so I gotta bring this back up, because this is my point exactly. "I am a conventionally attractive, light-skin person." Always has to make sure to bring up the fact the she's light-skin, which somehow adds to her "conventional attractiveness". 

raise brow.gif

homegirl sounds like she got self-hate issue (as stated before), although granted the fact that colorism is still a huge problem in latino and black communities. but it's still disgusting that she keeps mentioning that her light skin tone is a point of attractiveness. 

Edited by pay me

Posted (edited)

Ok so I gotta bring this back up, because this is my point exactly. "I am a conventionally attractive, light-skin person." Always has to make sure to bring up that she's "light-skin" even though she isn't, which somehow adds to her "conventional attractiveness". 

raise brow.gif

I have Latino friends and she would not even be considered light-skinned. Medium at best even in the black community. Come on Bri, you should know there's Latinos and Black people that are a lot lighter than you. Especially in the media.

Something I realized about Bri that just annoys me.

I hate how she'll constantly add "labels" to herself so she can freely say slurs? I'm Black and I've never seen someone use the n-word with an "er" so much and so casually, even then most people censor it. Also, I never saw someone is apart of the LGBT community use the F-word freely either. She's so focused on labeling herself as things so she can say she's oppressed but she obviously has privileges in other ways.

• Her mom giving her money every month.
  • Be given a scholarship to go to school for FREE and live there for FREE for 2 years. 
  • Constantly given money by her fans despite begging for it every hour. (Especially that it's enough for her to buy an apartment with barely any furniture and frequently get Mcdonalds.)

There's so many thing she could be doing with all of the things she's been given but she wastes it all.  (hell she could do Mukbangs if she loves Mcdonalds so much and get money off of that)

Edited by OrangeGingerTangerine
grammar mistakes

Posted

She is so awkward looking 

245E4170-E545-4BE3-8549-A6B1E79CA63C.jpeg

I wonder how her friends feel about her constantly bashing black men and saying they’re all terrible people, etc? 

Posted

In regards to her latest video, it bugged me that she regards trans people as a separate category than men and women? Like trans men and trans women are still men and women. Straight people can like them as well? She talks a lot about men in Japan but rarely talks about the women in Japan (and when she does she talk bad about them like saying they’re submissive or shit like that) but I don’t know how she’d fare in the LGBT scene in Japan. As another user has mentioned I’m sure the women have higher standards lol unlike the men who just want to lay with a foreigner.

Realistically, transmen and transwomen are anatomically distinct from cisgender men and women (nonbinaries aside). Most trans people understand if you're not sexually attracted to them because of that even if it hurts to hear, and the people who cry discrimination over it tend to be kind of shitty entitled people independent of gender. A discussion of sexual orientation is one of the few times I think it is reasonable to distinguish between cis and trans.

Also I don't see how "submissive" is a bad thing? A lot of people consider that a highly desirable trait.

Posted

I've got a dissertation in my heart but I'm going to spare y'all the paragraphs and paraphrase as best I can. 

Bri.

Girl.

Hi.

You wanna claim light skin so bad but you don't want to do the labor of uplifting more marginalized voices. You aren't in the place to do so. You can't step up for your darker complexioned sisters while respectively stepping aside so they can speak when you've garnered them attention by being light enough to not be a threat but foreign enough to be exotic. 

Colorism is a hell of a thing that permeates every facet of our society and I don't think you know anything about it or are prepared to learn so could you please stop bringing up what team you're on cause ya look dumb.

tumblr_inline_ol93n7zToM1spwt07_1280.gif

Posted (edited)

Also I don't see how "submissive" is a bad thing? A lot of people consider that a highly desirable trait.

I think the problem isn't that being submissive in and of itself is a bad thing, but rather that Asian people, especially women, are commonly stereotyped as being submissive. She's playing into racist stereotypes by saying that Japanese women are submissive, when in reality they are individual people with a variety of different personalities. It's no different than if she said that black women are loud and sassy. It's perpetuating a harmful, racist stereotype.

You'd think as someone who tries to act so "woke" she'd try to be better than this. IMO she's no different than the cringy western men who go to Japan solely to find their anime waifu.

Edited by ripper-roo

Posted

People like her really disappoint me, she really could be a decent Youtuber if she didn't act so fucking bummy always asking for money and guilt tripping her followers to buy her merch, get some actual recording equipment, and think REAL long and HARD before she opens her mouth as half of the shit that comes out makes no sense.