• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

Megan (mae.col/GOOKCITY)

150 posts in this topic

Posted

I never once said she was not korean or any less korean because she was adopted. Let me rephrase what I meant to say.

It rubbed me off the wrong way, because I figured if she was raised in a white family, she was also grew up around white people. I find it cringey whenever Asian Americans try to reclaim derogatory terms like g**k, ch*nk. It comes off as trying to appeal to white people to be funny, and ironic. I would compare it to "cooning" but she isn't black. But like you said, she has the right to reclaim it -- I personally find it off putting. 

thanks for rephrasing it, it makes more sense now. however, I want to add that an asian growing up in an all white environment has even more of a chance of being called slurs. I was “endearingly” called “my little chink” by my uncle. yes, I agree 100% that her use of the work gook is cringey, but I think it’s cringy because of her personality, it doesn’t have anything to do with her being a adopted.

no I have a question for you guys: would you be better with her using the slur if she was actually socially aware and spoke about issues? i’m not sure myself, just thought I’d pose this thought.

Posted

Imo she uses the slur because shes just trying to be edgy. She doesn’t have much knowledge about her culture because she was raised in a white family. She’s calling herself as that “gook” (amongst always being surrounded by white people.) She also said she makes money from fetishizing just from being Asian. She’s knows it’s a derogatory term but chooses to refer to herself, except that one time where she tweeted about seeing another “gook”. But yeah, found some tweets:

58CF30F4-42B4-44A2-9AC4-728F4AF84C19.thuAB69B04F-DA8C-4E03-80AA-BE9D2022831D.thuBC6F2914-E4B7-464A-8847-DF205051F15F.thu94FC396F-5598-4A13-8368-F35E6F777DF9.thu34BFA2FE-632C-45E0-B023-61DEED3E21C7.thu

Posted (edited)

what the fuck is happening in this thread 

D821BF78-AB1F-4BFA-B61B-7481EC02CB13.thu

Edited by alcohol

Posted

You're so amusing, I almost hesitated to report your post. But if you keep spamming a gossip forum, who's gonna earn them bitcoins for the relief of good balls kicking? : ) *discreetly eyeing Mik too*

Posted

lmao @ them going off the rails about how a cartoon avatar is too ugly to be a model compared to our edgy mae

Posted (edited)

Imo she uses the slur because shes just trying to be edgy. She doesn’t have much knowledge about her culture because she was raised in a white family. She’s calling herself as that “gook” (amongst always being surrounded by white people.) She also said she makes money from fetishizing just from being Asian. She’s knows it’s a derogatory term but chooses to refer to herself, except that one time where she tweeted about seeing another “gook”. But yeah, found some tweets:

58CF30F4-42B4-44A2-9AC4-728F4AF84C19.thuAB69B04F-DA8C-4E03-80AA-BE9D2022831D.thuBC6F2914-E4B7-464A-8847-DF205051F15F.thu94FC396F-5598-4A13-8368-F35E6F777DF9.thu34BFA2FE-632C-45E0-B023-61DEED3E21C7.thu

Her personality is fucking gross. 

Edited by FreshSalad
engaging troll

Posted (edited)

Wth is thia thread? What's going here?

She looks above average to me but not pretty enough to help me make sense of this thread.

Edited by over the rainbow

Posted (edited)

oh boy the ignorance is brewing 

if you step foot into the 626 area of socal you'll see a lot of Asian girls who have the exact same fashion sense and demeanor as her. She isnt that unique at all. Gina darling is probably a bad example but she has said some questionable shit on Twitter and adopted the ABG appearance lol.

Edited by spicypoop

Posted (edited)

-

Edited by Addeki

Posted

lmao she ain’t gonna let you hit it bruh

I think she’s toned down the bitchiness a little at least in recent tweets but homegirl is still out here calling out harmless locals for the same shit she does, the “i’m not like other girls” shtick

8D07194C-3ECF-4DC6-8179-40ECC258E25E.jpeg

Posted

What?  She's gorgeous. Bitch, have you looked at yourself recently? Your face has no symmetry. Modelling is not for you. You look like someone hit you in the jaw with a bat.  Your whole face is crooked.  Why are you going to criticize a pretty girl when you look like you're coming off a career as a punching bag? Do you just wake up with your eyes looking all crooked like that or do you have to let your "roommate" run your face over with his car every morning to get that look? Does your house even have mirrors in it?  Do you live in one of those clown houses with the fucked up curvy mirrors so your face looks normal?  You've got some fucked up mirrors to talk shit with that face. Can we please start up a go-fund-me campaign so this bitch can get some new mirrors? Seriously, modeling is not for you.  Customer service isn't even for you. Your ugly ass needs to be in the back of the store folding shirts or whatever.  Keep that jacked up, crooked jawline away from the customers, Lurch.  You're scaring children.

"@sendnudesplz's post reads like a paypig writing a tribute fuckin lmao"Yeah, no shit.  And the other 900 posts sound like jealous, miserable, ugly cunts that can't stand seeing someone else make it.  She's prettier than you.  Don't get mad, get less ugly!  Have you tried not eating all of the fries? It's taco-Tuesday, not Taco-January.  Order a salad for once.

"shes just trying to be edgy"

Rofl bitch, you're gunna pull up 5 years of tweets and comb through them just looking for something to complain about? Get the fuck out of here.  Stop worrying about what other people are doing on social media and worry about your own, shitty, dismal future.  Who the fuck are any of you miserable cunts to judge another person? You don't get to dictate who gets to say what.  You aren't the bosses of anyone's vocabulary.  This girl has more personality in her fake tits than you have in your entire basic-bitch, boring ass brains.  This bitch kicks grown ass men in the balls for thousands of dollars and you're criticizing her for not speaking properly on twitter?  You're offended? That's adorable. WTF is wrong with your broken, basic-bitch, pea-brains?

Ma'am, imma need you to relax

Posted (edited)

Does she actually post annually about how white old guys must think they killed an *insert any Asian slur* like her in Vietnam?

This is just my own speculation/opinion, but everything from her tweets, to her adoption, to her profession (findom and flexing) scream insecurity. 

• Adoption: Being adopted into a white family in a white neighborhood probably had some negative effects on her growing up. I imagine that if she wasn't outright bullied, she at least went through a bit of impostor syndrome and tried to distance herself as far as she could from her ethnicity and culture. She's clearly as culturally white as could be, but I wouldn't be surprised if deep down she also wished that she could be white, simply due to a childhood racial trauma.
  • Tweets: A white old guy simply looks at her, and she's connecting it not only to her being Asian, but also to his potential memories of killing people who looked like her or having a fetish. Not only is that a reach and a half, but her insecurity about her race is really clear here. I can't imagine any person who's living in a diverse city and comfortable with themselves thinking like that, be it for jokes or not. The slur just amplifies the fact.
  • Tweets: Inviting people with a fetish is not only nasty but also telling. And sad. 
  • Findom: Being a dom is about feeling in control, and I feel like this is really what drew Megan to the job. She actively tries to serve clientele with fetishes which probably not only fills her with a bit of confidence from being seen as desirable, but also allows her to feel like she has control over her past experiences with her racial insecurity. 
  • Flexing: Her flexing is literally her "putting on armor." By decking herself out with things that people put value in, as well as posing herself sexually, she's trying to hide herself, which she feels like is not as highly sought after. 

This is highly speculative, but this is just me trying to make sense of how she could have ended up the way she did. 

Edited by Jaken
I get a 0 for grammar

Posted

@Jaken yeah, she seems insecure. If you call her out on anything, she always replies aggressively and then her white knights try to defend her in the thread and she’ll like their defending tweets. Sometimes she’ll even delete her replies. 

Also, I found these tweets ironic. 

706053F6-BE29-4ECC-B627-51302AD260EA.thuABE04E05-CED3-429F-B3CA-E1D8F47D5E4E.thu

Posted

i still dont think she's that bad personality-wise, (not commenting on the slur issue, im not in a position to speak on that. personally i am all for reclaiming rude shit about ur identity, i do it myself, but even though i'm not white, i'm not asian so i don't want to say anything)

ive only been following her twitter for a few months and from what ive seen so far nothin has come off as true edgy to me. imo edgy =/= snarky/aggressive, i think it's more like those people that say weird shit like "I'm not racist, i hate all people" or coldsteel the hedgehog shit like that, u know..

maybe im partially biased bcoz ive been called edgy in the past for joking around and i never really understood it. so maybe we all have different definitions of the word. who knows. just my 2 cents 

as for the flexing, i've got a question about that. is it just annoying to people when you post pics of ur expensive things? ive never had an issue with other people flexing. i like to see pretty things, so i just wanted some perspective on why it bothers people. unless the person is like, blatantly anti-poverty then i get it. but aside from that

i think for this one i'm gonna actually play the humor preference card (again aside from her usage of slurs). i can see why she might not be some people's cup of tea. and some things she said in those old tweets r questionable. not my style. but i think i like her current "content,"  let's call it that, since i dunno a single thing about her personal life

Posted

“Edgy” to me means you’re saying things to be cool. She’s saying these things to appear cool plus the flexing to match the coolness. I have no problem with flexing either, but for her it seems repetitive and make her seem much more uninteresting and superficial, which you can almost see everywhere on social media. It doesn’t hurt to be humble sometimes, but whatever, that’s just the life she wants to portray on social media and that’s fine. However, IMO that makes her less unique.