• Announcements

• Clarifying How To Use the Report Feature   06/29/20

Hello. I have noticed a great deal of confusion regarding how to use the report feature and what is expected regarding reports, so I am making a clarification announcement to users who may be unfamiliar with how the report feature works. Please note we have this rule regarding reports: 16.  Do report. Do not make frivolous reports (such as "I don't like this person"). Frivolous reports will result in a warning and possible ban. a. When reporting, please give a reason. Reports citing what rule the post is breaking and giving some information are way more valuable and will get the issue resolved faster. (Reports with no explanations sometimes require mods to go through and skim the entire thread to find out what's going on. Please save us time if you can). b. Don’t waste the mods’ time. Report people for breaking the rules, otherwise don’t report. [Rules in their entirety can be found here.] We also have a wonderful tutorial on how to use the report feature created by one of our former moderators which you can find here. In essence, we enforce the rules as they are written. In a rare occasion there may not be a direct violation but the user is still conducting themselves inappropriately and how we handle that is up to the moderators discretion. We do our best. We also encourage you to use the report feature to report posts that have been edited down to nothing or if you double posted and would like your double post hidden. Also, please note that we do not provide updates on reports. We get far too many to be able to keep up with every one. You are welcome to message a moderator to ask about your report, but please know that we cannot and will not divulge any information on whether we banned the user you are reporting. Simply that we have taken appropriate action. I hope this helps provide further clarification on how to use the report feature. Should you have any questions not clear in these instructions, please feel free to message me or Nyx. Thank you. *Please allow up to 3 business days (as we tend to be slower on weekends) for a response and for reports to be cleared.

MulberryArt (YanSim Artist)

196 posts in this topic

Posted

Another point against Tracer-berry. Kiwis also found this one.

Mulberry's Link: https://www.deviantart.com/mulberryart/art/Midori-630757869

Archived: http://archive.is/zxUWx

Original Link: https://www.reddit.com/r/awwnime/comments/2bqilj/kotori_photo_bomb_love_live/

Archived: http://archive.is/qBaIh 

Comparison: 

un4wGxQ.png

tbh I would give this one a pass since it's a meme of sorts, a lot of artists on pixiv make versions of this with different characters. Hell, plenty of discord servers have emotes based on this particular face that Kotori makes. 

This image of Midori is also used as an emote (I'm not sure if it's for Alex's "super secwet stweam" or the Yansim Discord). I recognized this one because someone got banned from the Yansim Discord for pointing out the emote looked extremely similar the image of Kotori. But I can't find the Twitter post that mentions it and it's too much of a pain to go through the KF thread to find it.

Isn't Mulberry a mod on there? She probably banned them herself since she's mega insecure. Even though technically, this kind of stuff is free to modify... she's seriously that insecure.

Posted

tbh I would give this one a pass since it's a meme of sorts, a lot of artists on pixiv make versions of this with different characters. Hell, plenty of discord servers have emotes based on this particular face that Kotori makes. 

Isn't Mulberry a mod on there? She probably banned them herself since she's mega insecure. Even though technically, this kind of stuff is free to modify... she's seriously that insecure.

I was thinking the same. It's a meme so I ignored this one even tho it's so obviously traced. I thought she was joining the meme to begin with. This pose exists with so many different anime characters afterall. But when they kick/ban people for pointing it out, maybe she wasn't aware it is a meme then? And actually traced this, thinking nobody would notice? This is really dumb in that case. (which means this is a meme by coincident and she randomly used the pic as a base for Midori)

Posted

I was thinking the same. It's a meme so I ignored this one even tho it's so obviously traced. I thought she was joining the meme to begin with. This pose exists with so many different anime characters afterall. But when they kick/ban people for pointing it out, maybe she wasn't aware it is a meme then? And actually traced this, thinking nobody would notice? This is really dumb in that case. (which means this is a meme by coincident and she randomly used the pic as a base for Midori)

Mulberry is a huge fan of Love Live so probably not, she knew full well what it was.

Posted (edited)

I don't use Discord so I can't exactly say if she is a mod, sadly. I only knew about this one through KF . But if it was just for a meme then I guess we can go ahead and rule this one out.

(For some weird reason, whenever I edit a post it puts in one of the screenshots I uploaded and won't let me remove them until I edit the post again.)

Edited by Amaterasu_
fixed error

Posted (edited)

Frankly, I wasn’t too alarmed by this one either because the creators of the anime themselves did it when the second idol team was created — Aqours. The character You Watanabe does the same type of photobombing as Kotori almost exactly, so I didn’t question it when Mulberry very obviously traced Kotori to make her look like Midori.

74A52614-4FA9-421E-B58B-EB8E3B647658.thu

Edited by Yuuna

Posted

gFk9jx.jpg

Also that perspective... yikesssss

【deleted some of the contents to prevent taking up too much space】

Those legs though.... won't she even feel uncomfortable looking back to her own drawing? At least I would to my own, and I end up erasing and drawing for an unlimited amount of time to make the structure bearable.

How long of an upper thigh does the character need to have to be able to complete this horrifying anatomy? Only God will know

Posted (edited)

I must appologise: I have made a mistake in the introduction post of this thread.

I gave Mulberry credits for being a traditional artist and sketching on actual paper when she never did. I went through her Patreon today because I had some free-time and thought I could work on finding more actual evidence and fishy stuff about her artworks. When I went through her artworks before, I was sure I saw her making her sketches on paper. That was the only reason I personally got confused and thought she might not even trace that much since she's not making it digitally, so she can't trace on a layer above the original drawing. However, I was wrong about this. All of her sketches are digital sketches and she doesn't sketches on paper. I only mistook those for being traditional sketches.

I apologise for having spread this wrong information. Here are the pics that made it seem to me as if she was making her outlines based on a sketch that she had scanned:

s7XtIUq1-osYXoyBOrmkYnruusD0tSYPNbo5zf_GfiD1VcG6TC8KkUJvsZ-syFrIROMnL-iHrNMg2AVggmsJi1FoFVtgTnkhP1pxZxbbd-aJiova2_wP0u2f

These looked like scanned pencial drawings to me. However, when I looked at her newer sketches, I figured this is just digital art with a grey background and a really light sketch pencil color. Combining this with a 'bad image quality' this looked like a scanned image, when it's just a low-quality digital drawing having colors similiar to haw I think scanned images look like.

Here are a few newer sketches where you can see clearer it's digital art:

BYLsWM6DXRJpPZienP5dwCkSQ4i04m6xGMP5O0Lk

A7J6osay10QoLPDRFxLSe-u1zKlw4P08TVajoLeL

Fm37B0PPn3Pqu_blVGOtA2ofHkXozDj-N3p4qLlJ

qYawHfSixTcxCdlhLJ-oy56Z_dTE0lKnNXjlskC0

I'm sorry for having spread a wrong information. She might even trace more than I have thought considering she starts all her drawings digitally and not traditionally.

I will edit the Mulberry introduction post.

EDIT:

Also god-damnit.

mokia.thumb.png.d3916b7f296d68f163e53aeb

Edited by CosplayQueen

Posted

qYawHfSixTcxCdlhLJ-oy56Z_dTE0lKnNXjlskC0

122trailer.thumb.png.1ba2b7b2bb45897a121

Agyagyagygaygyaga.thumb.gif.87d0df63627a

(Credit to Deep-Sea Prisoner by the way)

No Mulberry, leave Deep-Sea Prisoner and Mogeko Castle alone! Though I couldn't help but to notice that it looks like she's giving Moge-ko (the character she's drawing) standard cat-girl ears despite her reference being in the corner of the work. Moge-ko doesn't have regular cat ears, she has two large tufts that are supposed to be similar to the Mogeko's ears. To show what I'm talking about I included two images that are from the game. Now, if this is fanart for Mogeko Castle and not just her trying to force Yansim into a much different and better game, then it would be a good idea if she kept the ears how they originally look on the character and remove the eyebrows since the character doesn't have any.

Also, for those who aren't familiar with Mogeko Castle, Moge-ko is a super violent and sadistic character and it shows when you first encounter her on the fourth floor of the castle. Despite it being only a sketch you can't even tell that when you look at Mulberry's work. Honestly, just from the sketch alone, Moge-Ko look like a pretty generic cat-girl. It's sad because if you look at how DSP draws and designs his characters, he has a cute and very unique art style. It also bothers me how Mulberry does her faces. Using that selfie-image of Sakyu and Inkyu Basu as an example, Sakyu Basu's cheeks look unnatural at that angle and her left cheek is just protruding from her face. The cheeks are super round and don't look right. When you compare it to Monika's cheeks, they look normal and don't stick out like a huge zit like Sakyu Basu's

Sorry for the long rant, I really like DSP's work and it's irritating to see his characters done in Mulberry's style.

Posted

Outside the too small hands and feet, the way Mulberry draws faces always bothers me. The eyes are too close to each other and the width of the face is a bit narrow. It almost looks like a horse lmao.

Looking at that drawing of the Basu sisters, she can’t even trace right.

Posted (edited)

Outside the too small hands and feet, the way Mulberry draws faces always bothers me. The eyes are too close to each other and the width of the face is a bit narrow. It almost looks like a horse lmao.

Looking at that drawing of the Basu sisters, she can’t even trace right.

more like her character's faces are just straight up being too long and their eyes being horrendously big for their face size.

If the eyes could be less bigger and polish up the cheek and the chin it will be still be better than what they look like right now :alpacaheadshake:

EDIT: below is an example of how smaller eyes and smaller face works better than the current one. Of course this is still of my art style it's sure to change alot and possibly be even much of the sore of your eyes, and yes I'm lazy to fix the hair so I followed the strokes 90% :alpacaheadshake: Spoilered in case image is too big.

original
rumors_by_mulberrydreamer-dc5xor2.thumb.

edited lines
rumors_by_mulberrydreamer-dc5xor2-edit2.

Clean edited lines (for better viewing)
rumors_by_mulberrydreamer-dc5xor2-edit.t

Notice how I changed the leftmost girl's perspective a little to make it a little more natural. Of course this isn't perfect as this only took me a half an hour to sketch this up.

This is just to say that Mulberry's current style is disproportioned and can be made better, and is not to boast or sperg on others

Edited by Lobelia's Glasses
added pictures

Posted

I must appologise: I have made a mistake in the introduction post of this thread.

I gave Mulberry credits for being a traditional artist and sketching on actual paper when she never did. I went through her Patreon today because I had some free-time and thought I could work on finding more actual evidence and fishy stuff about her artworks. When I went through her artworks before, I was sure I saw her making her sketches on paper. That was the only reason I personally got confused and thought she might not even trace that much since she's not making it digitally, so she can't trace on a layer above the original drawing. However, I was wrong about this. All of her sketches are digital sketches and she doesn't sketches on paper. I only mistook those for being traditional sketches.

I apologise for having spread this wrong information. Here are the pics that made it seem to me as if she was making her outlines based on a sketch that she had scanned:

Hidden Content

These looked like scanned pencial drawings to me. However, when I looked at her newer sketches, I figured this is just digital art with a grey background and a really light sketch pencil color. Combining this with a 'bad image quality' this looked like a scanned image, when it's just a low-quality digital drawing having colors similiar to haw I think scanned images look like.

Here are a few newer sketches where you can see clearer it's digital art:

Hidden Content

I'm sorry for having spread a wrong information. She might even trace more than I have thought considering she starts all her drawings digitally and not traditionally.

I will edit the Mulberry introduction post.

EDIT:

Also god-damnit.

mokia.thumb.png.d3916b7f296d68f163e53aeb

Just for your future reference, there are also many digital brushes that will simulate the look of a pencil and other traditional media, some of which come standard with programs and many more that can be downloaded for free. Unless you have a video of them sketching on paper... it's usually safest to assume that a vast majority of digital artists make digital sketches. It's simply much more practical to do it that way. If it's an artist who does a lot of digital and traditional work, there's more room for doubt, but Mulberry's work is mostly if not completely digital, it was pretty obvious. She just used a brush with low opacity a/o worked on multiple layers... then lowered the opacity to draw the line art. It would be much more grainy if she had uploaded traditional sketches (and even then, that grain can be simulated). Not trying to harp on you, it can be hard to tell if you're not that seasoned in digital illustration.

Posted

Just for your future reference, there are also many digital brushes that will simulate the look of a pencil and other traditional media, some of which come standard with programs and many more that can be downloaded for free. Unless you have a video of them sketching on paper... it's usually safest to assume that a vast majority of digital artists make digital sketches. It's simply much more practical to do it that way. If it's an artist who does a lot of digital and traditional work, there's more room for doubt, but Mulberry's work is mostly if not completely digital, it was pretty obvious. She just used a brush with low opacity a/o worked on multiple layers... then lowered the opacity to draw the line art. It would be much more grainy if she had uploaded traditional sketches (and even then, that grain can be simulated). Not trying to harp on you, it can be hard to tell if you're not that seasoned in digital illustration.

A bit OT but you can also see specs and spots if the person happens to not clean their scanner often. As a traditional artist that scans their work, I often notice it especially when I erase poorly on my work. Also a quirk (that I have) is that sometimes when I use a paper that isn't white, it is easy to tell when I use it because the colors look different from what I had. Most digital artist try to use a grey canvas. I sometimes use manilla and... It makes the colors much warmer because of it. 

But back on Mulberry. I checked her deviantART page and the traditional art she does have was much older and probably showed what anatomy issues she needed to look out for. I recommend you look at her (no longer in use) OC page for examples of her traditional work. 

Posted (edited)

A bit OT but you can also see specs and spots if the person happens to not clean their scanner often. As a traditional artist that scans their work, I often notice it especially when I erase poorly on my work. Also a quirk (that I have) is that sometimes when I use a paper that isn't white, it is easy to tell when I use it because the colors look different from what I had. Most digital artist try to use a grey canvas. I sometimes use manilla and... It makes the colors much warmer because of it. 

But back on Mulberry. I checked her deviantART page and the traditional art she does have was much older and probably showed what anatomy issues she needed to look out for. I recommend you look at her (no longer in use) OC page for examples of her traditional work. 

Thanks for all the advices! I try to keep that in mind!

Also I completly noticed the P5 reference Mulberry did by coincident because it's so obvious, but I only saw now that she had admitted that she ripped off from the P5 sprite ever since she posted the pic:

a.thumb.png.2e43b270645c2af268e2520a7e4b

Edited by CosplayQueen

Posted (edited)

There is a video of Mulberry drawing on paper, which I'll link down below. It is important to note, the video was made in 2009 back when Mulberry used a different alias (see OT Spoiler) and is 9:40 long. The video was made because some DeviantART users were calling her out for (shocker) tracing and one of her art club friends wanted to prove those DA users "wrong". The video is bad quality (not too surprising if you look at the year it was made) and the character she was drawing is from Lucky Star (which does not have a complex art style). In my honest opinion, the final product doesn't look that great. But the whole overall video is pointless and childish. There are annotations that pop up that say really dumb things like "WAR" and "Flame thrower" (that's literally how the annotation has it), and "drop nuclear war heads" probably to "intimidate the haters uwu". Also, from some really weird reason at 7 minutes 50 seconds in, they're showing a close up of Mulberry's high school ID and do a horrible job of censoring out her real name.

Huh, not only is her birthday coming up soon but she was 17 when this "response" video was uploaded to Youtube (she's 26 now). There's also a link to a DA account under Zesu-San in the video description but if you got to the DA through that link it redirects you to MulberryArt. She's rebranded her DA account twice (which you can do if you have CORE membership). So at one point she dropped the alias Zesu-San and rebranded to MulberryDreamer and then rebranded again to MulberryArt. But if you go to her DA through the Zesu-San link (which will also be posted) and look at her username there will be a dark gray speech bubble that says "Formerly Zesu-San" and if you go to her DA through the normal link (MulberryArt) the same speech bubble appears but instead says "Formerly MulberryDreamer". 

Possibly her first DA link:http://zesu-san.deviantart.com

OT

I made a mistake in my first post to the thread and had her old alias listed as Zuse-Chan instead of Zesu-San.

Link to video in question is Here

She did something similar in the Camera (Thumbnail) image but the comment itself never mentions if Yuumei's work was used as a reference. 

Screenshot_2018-07-09_at_5.36.56_PM.thumScreenshot_2018-07-09_at_4.35.07_PM.thum

EDIT: Don't want to double post so I'm adding more to this one because I also checked out her old artwork. Oddly enough, you can still see some of her old work but clicking on some of the images brings up a "Sorry, you are unable to view this content!" message. It also looks like she may have been a frequent user of Lucky Star and other bases in general (?) (along with not crediting them). But she does have works that look like they were done on paper and some that actually look really good. 

This is her OC, her name is supposed to be Ayumi Saruwatari. It honestly looks like she used a base for this one I know bases for Lucky Star are pretty common. I like how she looks in the hair meme but that last name is a mouthful.

double_id_by_zesu_san.thumb.jpg.01e8580chair_meme__ayumi__by_zesu_san-d4j48yt.th

This next one is called "Endless Limbo" The character is supposed to be her OC if you compare the hair to the OC drawn in the style of Lucky Star. If you take note to the comment shown...

the_ultimate_limbo_by_zesu_san.thumb.jpgScreenshot_2018-07-09_at_6.08.07_PM.thum 

Like something out of an anime, huh? That's probably because it is from an anime. Gurenn Lagann to be exact. 

Simon.(Tengen.Toppa.Gurren-Lagann).full.

This is supposed to be a mock anime photo of her OC and the OC's of her friends. The one with the purple hair and big tits is supposed to be hers according to the description. Are those supposed to be school uniforms? What school has uniforms like that? The right leg of her OC looks really weird too and looks broken.

achem_school_girl_sunset_by_mulberrydrea 

Miku's face is terrifying AF. The second image looks like it was done on paper but...the blue haired character is supposed to be an OC of one her friends (DemonofAlchemy/DallyingAlly), The blonde character is supposed to be the OC's love interest named "Daisuke" (it looks a lot like Kagamine Len to be really honest) and...I do not believe she drew that one herself. She's also selling the one of her friend's OCs as a print on DA.

give_it_just_a_miku_by_mulberrydreamer-dc_e_n_d_r_i_l_l_o_n_by_mulberrydreamer-d 

1357942653223.thumb.jpg.1eb9b7bf6d4dd9f5

Finally these are two I found that I actually liked. 

diamond_crevasse_by_mulberrydreamer-d1ycScreenshot_2018-07-09_at_6.21.35_PM.thum

The last one was a commission at first I found the signature on the hair suspicious but it's Mulberry's real name.

I'm sorry for the super long post. :alpacadone: It's a bad habit of mine.

Edited by Amaterasu_
Added more images/fixed errors/bugs

Posted (edited)

There is a video of Mulberry drawing on paper, which I'll link down below. It is important to note, the video was made in 2009 back when Mulberry used a different alias (see OT Spoiler) and is 9:40 long. The video was made because some DeviantART users were calling her out for (shocker) tracing and one of her art club friends wanted to prove those DA users "wrong". The video is bad quality (not too surprising if you look at the year it was made) and the character she was drawing is from Lucky Star (which does not have a complex art style). In my honest opinion, the final product doesn't look that great. But the whole overall video is pointless and childish. There are annotations that pop up that say really dumb things like "WAR" and "Flame thrower" (that's literally how the annotation has it), and "drop nuclear war heads" probably to "intimidate the haters uwu". Also, from some really weird reason at 7 minutes 50 seconds in, they're showing a close up of Mulberry's high school ID and do a horrible job of censoring out her real name.

Huh, not only is her birthday coming up soon but she was 17 when this "response" video was uploaded to Youtube (she's 26 now). There's also a link to a DA account under Zesu-San in the video description but if you got to the DA through that link it redirects you to MulberryArt. She's rebranded her DA account twice (which you can do if you have CORE membership). So at one point she dropped the alias Zesu-San and rebranded to MulberryDreamer and then rebranded again to MulberryArt. But if you go to her DA through the Zesu-San link (which will also be posted) and look at her username there will be a dark gray speech bubble that says "Formerly Zesu-San" and if you go to her DA through the normal link (MulberryArt) the same speech bubble appears but instead says "Formerly MulberryDreamer". 

Possibly her first DA link:http://zesu-san.deviantart.com

OT

Hidden Content

Link to video in question is Here

She did something similar in the Camera (Thumbnail) image but the comment itself never mentions if Yuumei's work was used as a reference. 

Hidden Content

EDIT: Don't want to double post so I'm adding more to this one because I also checked out her old artwork. Oddly enough, you can still see some of her old work but clicking on some of the images brings up a "Sorry, you are unable to view this content!" message. It also looks like she may have been a frequent user of Lucky Star and other bases in general (?) (along with not crediting them). But she does have works that look like they were done on paper and some that actually look really good. 

This is her OC, her name is supposed to be Ayumi Saruwatari. It honestly looks like she used a base for this one I know bases for Lucky Star are pretty common. I like how she looks in the hair meme but that last name is a mouthful.

Hidden Content

This next one is called "Endless Limbo" The character is supposed to be her OC if you compare the hair to the OC drawn in the style of Lucky Star. If you take note to the comment shown...

Hidden Content

Like something out of an anime, huh? That's probably because it is from an anime. Gurenn Lagann to be exact. 

Hidden Content

This is supposed to be a mock anime photo of her OC and the OC's of her friends. The one with the purple hair and big tits is supposed to be hers according to the description. Are those supposed to be school uniforms? What school has uniforms like that? The right leg of her OC looks really weird too and looks broken.

Hidden Content

Miku's face is terrifying AF. The second image looks like it was done on paper but...the blue haired character is supposed to be an OC of one her friends (DemonofAlchemy/DallyingAlly), The blonde character is supposed to be the OC's love interest named "Daisuke" (it looks a lot like Kagamine Len to be really honest) and...I do not believe she drew that one herself. She's also selling the one of her friend's OCs as a print on DA.

Hidden Content

Finally these are two I found that I actually liked. 

Hidden Content

The last one was a commission at first I found the signature on the hair suspicious but it's Mulberry's real name.

I'm sorry for the super long post. :alpacadone: It's a bad habit of mine.

Confession time, I used bases in my early to mid teens and I think there is one image that is still up somewhere in one of the old video hosting sites I have. Good thing I stopped. It would have lead to my art deteriorating and depending on looking like a specific thing. If you try to copy one artist, your original work dwindles. 

I was wondering why I didn't see a Zuse-chan that wasn't Zeus. Glad I got some elaboration. 

Edited by HoneyNutFemios