• Announcements

• *NEW* PULL FAQ   07/11/20

Hello. It has been a long time coming, but we finally have a PULL FAQ! In this FAQ you may find answers to most commonly asked questions here on the site. Please make sure to read the FAQ before asking a question in the Site Feedback (formerly the "Make Your Voice Heard") subforum as chances are your question has already been answered. If it has not been answered, then feel free to ask your question within the thread or make a new one with your question. The FAQ can be found in 2 locations: The News & Announcements section and the Site Feedback section. We hope this helps current and new users. Thank you.

MulberryArt (YanSim Artist)

197 posts in this topic

Posted

Okay, nice, a thread for her. I wasn't sure whether making one was a good idea or not because I think I read somewhere that the person needs to have 10k or more followers on social media? I don't know. What's important is, there's a thread specifically for her now. Fantastic.

Personally, I feel that the problem with her art is not only that most of it is copied/traced/"heavily referenced", but even her original art and the way she executes it is so... lackluster. Her lines are so inexpressive. The coloring is so mediocre. The shading is practically nonexistent. The anatomy is horrendous. Fucking god, it's infuriating looking at it. When I look at her art (especially for Yandere Simulator), I feel that she's trying to replicate Kjech's art, and doing so rather poorly.

Posted

So going through her thread and saw her work initially looked like she was trying to copy Lucky Star and then Code Geass. 

Can't really blame her for those art choices but it feels a bit too surreal to see her art change from those different styles and something tells me there is a reason her art changed so drastically. 

Posted

Yeah, there's a reason. It's called "Alex."

Posted (edited)

Thank you for making a thread on her. Regarding the OP, I actually have something on the images posted below. The one on the left is by Yuumei and is from her webcomic called "Fisheye Placebo". I reached out to Yuumei on her website's contact form letting her know about the situation and she's currently looking into it. I asked for an update but haven't gotten a response. I also have a bit more information on her that might be interesting:

• Mulberry used to go by the alias Zesu and Zesu-San. If you look up on "zesu deviantart" on Google, you'll find a DA under that name. But clicking on the link redirects you to MulberryArt (she has rebranded her DeviantART twice)
  • She got called out before for tracing/heavily referencing in the past. One of her friends tried to defend her by making a video of Mulberry drawing a Lucky Star character in 3/4 view to prove she doesn't trace. But it didn't prove anything as it's clear she still traces to this day.
  • She removed one of her deviations after it was mentioned on KF. The image in question involves this "crossover" with Shantae and the Pirates Curse. I also snagged a screenshot of one the comments made on the image before she deleted it. Notice the three comments that are flagged as spam. It's possible that these three comments were users (or one user) calling her out for denying that she traced it and then she deleted them by falsely marking them as spam. I think that if you try to call her out on tracing, she'll try to censor you by having the comments deleted. Apparently she still has it posted to her Facebook where her art posts are public.
  • Someone on the YanSim discord made a post in regards to one of the emotes being traced. Unsurprisingly, the user got banned. A different person tried asking about the emote but it's unknown what happened to them (they most likely got banned). Also attached an image of the emote in question and what it was traced from. (DEBUNKED: Emote was made for meme purposes but it's still scummy that they got banned for asking about it)

IMG_0073.png

IMG_0072.png

21743815_1766985356662592_9195973731947827849_o.jpg

Screenshot 2018-06-25 at 6.14.38 PM.png

oie_Daz2c9vuAJYK.png

Screenshot 2018-06-20 at 11.46.10 AM.png

Kotori/Midori emote is debunked and was used for meme purposes.

Edited by Amaterasu_
Added spoilers to images/old alias was spelled wrong

Posted

Thank you for making a thread on her. Regarding the OP, I actually have something on the images posted below. The one on the left is by Yuumei and is from her webcomic called "Fisheye Placebo". I reached out to Yuumei on her website's contact form letting her know about the situation and she's currently looking into it. I asked for an update but haven't gotten a response. I also have a bit more information on her that might be interesting:

• Mulberry used to go by the alias Zuse and Zuse-chan. If you look up on "zuse deviantart" on Google, you'll find a DA under that name. But clicking on the link redirects you to MulberryArt (so at one point she rebranded her DA). 
  • She got called out before for tracing/heavily referencing in the past. One of her friends tried to defend her by making a video of Mulberry drawing a Lucky Star character in 3/4 view to prove she doesn't trace. But it didn't prove anything as it's clear she still traces to this day.
  • She removed one of her deviations after it was mentioned on KF. The image in question involves this "crossover" with Shantae and the Pirates Curse. I also snagged a screenshot of one the comments made on the image before she deleted it. Notice the three comments that are flagged as spam. It's possible that these three comments were users (or one user) calling her out for denying that she traced it and then she deleted them by falsely marking them as spam. I think that if you try to call her out on tracing, she'll try to censor you by having the comments deleted. Apparently she still has it posted to her Facebook where her art posts are public.
  • Someone on the YanSim discord made a post in regards to one of the emotes being traced. Unsurprisingly, the user got banned. A different person tried asking about the emote but it's unknown what happened to them (they most likely got banned). Also attached an image of the emote in question and what it was traced from.

Hidden Content

Hidden Content

Now I feel intense pain seeing Shantae knockoff versions of Ayano. 

Posted (edited)

She seems to be copying all of her 'Yandere-chan in cosplay costumes' drawings off the original crossover fanarts/original's work. she seems to be unable to come up with own poses for characters that already exist. Urgh... it's horrible how there is so much more...

aa1.thumb.png.96b49d1dbc1f65043bc798e7b3

a2.thumb.png.9581ca243b2829878a0a3a06137a3.thumb.png.e00f8955f34774375713132fb07

and yeah this is a fanart. artist: slugbox

a4.thumb.png.0f92b5c39a336faa66145e4f6a1

EDIT:

also next time you copy from someone else's fanart and try to get away with not tracing at all don't copy their color palette, you nut

a5.thumb.png.a916ab0d7fa2122e6fa46ad4880

EDIT:

It was proven that at the time Slugbox made that R-Mika fanart, he was fine with his patrons tracing his art that was made for them. We can't prove if Mulberry was his patron at this time or not, so this fanart is in a grey zone where we can't prove if the original artist allowed tracing or not and if Mulberry was part of the people who had permission to trace or not. It doesn't change the fact that it was copied, but it is noteable that the artist might have been okay with that, even when Mulberry didn't credit him and seemed to act as if she didn't copy it.

Edited by CosplayQueen

Posted

She seems to be copying all of her 'Yandere-chan in cosplay costumes' drawings off the original crossover fanarts/original's work. she seems to be unable to come up with own poses for characters that already exist. Urgh... it's horrible how there is so much more...

aa1.thumb.png.96b49d1dbc1f65043bc798e7b3

a2.thumb.png.9581ca243b2829878a0a3a06137a3.thumb.png.e00f8955f34774375713132fb07

and yeah this is a fanart. artist: slugbox

a4.thumb.png.0f92b5c39a336faa66145e4f6a1

Not the first time I heard an artist trace off of slugbox... Which probably isn't a good thing for poor slugbox. 

Posted

I'd be fucking A S H A M E D of putting traced shit out there, let alone this sheer amount. Gross.

Posted

I'm honestly not even suprised she traces off slugbox. they are one of those artists who draw really sexy and unique bodies and i guess that's very inspirational for most people, but for others (including Mulberry) it might make them jealous, they want a bit of the fame too and so they trace slugbox's work. slugbox seems to be drawing the stuff that Mulberry wants to be able to do (female characters that are appealing in both an artistic and very sexy unique way).

i'm so dissappointed by this art theft that i don't even know if i could ever purchase YanSim. I used to actually love the game idea when it was announced years ago. i could tolerate the use of bought assets since YanDev said he'd replace it. but if he puts Mulberry's art in the game,... i just can't tolerate this. idk.

Posted

I'm honestly not even suprised she traces off slugbox. they are one of those artists who draw really sexy and unique bodies and i guess that's very inspirational for most people, but for others (including Mulberry) it might make them jealous, they want a bit of the fame too and so they trace slugbox's work. slugbox seems to be drawing the stuff that Mulberry wants to be able to do (female characters that are appealing in both an artistic and very sexy unique way).

i'm so dissappointed by this art theft that i don't even know if i could ever purchase YanSim. I used to actually love the game idea when it was announced years ago. i could tolerate the use of bought assets since YanDev said he'd replace it. but if he puts Mulberry's art in the game,... i just can't tolerate this. idk.

You mean to tell me the single reason you might not be willing to buy YanSim is because of the art, and not because of literally everything in the 500+ pages of Alex's thread?

Posted

I'm going to copy and paste what I said about Mulberry from the main thread here because I think it's still relevent. But that does not mean I think it justifies her copying other people's artwork and claiming it's original. Claiming all her tracing is original is the worst.

I've mentioned this before here, but Mulberry reminds me of someone I knew. Girl had absolutely abysmal self esteem, and hung out with a guy who was a total leech on her just because "he's the only one who says nice things to me." Guy ultimately didn't give two jack shits about her, just used her for free artwork, someone to write his fan fics, and for the occasional cash grab. Luckily the girl I knew eventually wised up, bettered herself, and got a good man in her life.

But I can't help but see her every time I see mulberry--an artist with no self esteem who draws for free to a guy who is "nice" to her (well, yeah, no shit, he's going to say nice things if it gets him free ecchi art), who'd defend him against everyone and anyone because "I don't believe anyone can be that bad," "there's his good traits, I know,"  and "I'm going to be by his side forever because he reached me when I was in a dark place, it's the least I can do" and "he's there for me (well, yeah, Alex is never offline), so I'm going to be loyal to him" . Eh, you guys get the point--it was practically co-dependency.

Maybe I'm wrong, maybe my own experinces shade my views. But I just see Mulberry as someone crazy lonely with even more self esteem issues served on a naive toast with some type of Saturday-morning-cartoon mentality of "if you're just nice to people, you bring out the best in them" and "you're supposed to stick by people through dodgy shit because that's what friends do."

Posted (edited)

You mean to tell me the single reason you might not be willing to buy YanSim is because of the art, and not because of literally everything in the 500+ pages of Alex's thread?

lmao of course not, i might have worded it wrong. i was meaning to say that i can't buy anything that has stolen art in it. yansim was a desaster anyway. sorry for wording it so weird. just meaning to say that even if alex was an okay guy, the art of mulberry would be enough for me to not buy it nevertheless. but of course alex is a douche as well.

Edited by CosplayQueen

Posted

OT so spoilering.

I am a patron of Slugbox and have commissioned him in the past so I follow his social media like crazy (always trying to snag those commission slots of his), but one of his perks for his Patreon and his PWYW packs was that you could use his art as a base, trace over it etc. I am fairly certain he has since removed that perk as some people were abusing it but if Mulberry paid for the pack or was a patron of his before he removed that perk then she is allowed to do so according to Slug's TOS for those packs.