• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

Vegan Gains

42 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I didn't know if this fits here but i kinda wanted to make people aware of this dudes existence. I searched if someone mentioned him here already and couldn't find anything so..

Vegan Gains , his real name Richard Burgess is a Youtuber who likes to work out and show off his body, talk about vegan diets and can't stop ranting about how everyone who isn't vegan doesn't deserve to live ,..basically. (Kinda like a male FreeLee) 

His Youtube

vegan-gains.thumb.jpg.e2517775cbf30de0e1

Some of the things that he did

Idk but i think this guy is kinda scary.. and something seems really wrong with him. 

Edited by Tinkerbell

Posted (edited)

This doesn't really fit here haha. At least I think. He's a controversial person. He said he's a sociopath...but I like how he supports animal rights, but that's all.. Idk...he's very controversial. 

Edited by Krolex

Posted (edited)

No one will listen to someone who just gives threats or calls out every single "evil" meat eater. He just makes vegans look worse tbh. Why dont you legit educate people to get your point across, or show the benefits of being vegan? We are not uneducated or something. Also he hates women? 

Edited by gypsophilae

Posted

Are you serious? he tried to make an example out of his dying grandfather? 

Man, he sounds like he could be best friends with Onision. 

Posted

Are you serious? he tried to make an example out of his dying grandfather? 

Man, he sounds like he could be best friends with Onision. 

i remember that. he said he deserved to die and filmed his death and everything.. he most likely has some mental problems he needs to take care of and prioritise that instead.

and i hate onision he's one of the most obnoxious youtubers i know of

Posted

He is the devil incarnate and honestly after seeing him threaten women in his comments about raping them and murdering them I'd not take that as idle threats or "online persona"... I believe he is what he says he is....especially to use his grandfather dying on film as an example....

Posted

He is the devil incarnate and honestly after seeing him threaten women in his comments about raping them and murdering them I'd not take that as idle threats or "online persona"... I believe he is what he says he is....especially to use his grandfather dying on film as an example....

He is a vulagr human being for even saying that.

After reading all this, I don't even want to consider looking at those links. He is a horrible human being and deserves nothing, hope he disappears or gets jailed or something >.>

Posted

He is a vulagr human being for even saying that.

After reading all this, I don't even want to consider looking at those links. He is a horrible human being and deserves nothing, hope he disappears or gets jailed or something >.>

In a sick way he kind of outright admitted he killed his grandfather and why. Reason I say this is...in his video response he was devoid of any emotion... wanted to exploit his grandfather's death for views...admitted he and his grandfather had a "rocky relationship" because he hit him three times during his childhood... made his grandfather walk a large hill in summer... the man was 82... the heat alone probably stressed his heart.. especially since he would not let him rest or even re-hydrate. He chose to spend time with his grandfather..going on a hike... in summer... ..... then blamed him dying on having a "shitty diet" although he says his grandfather was active.....from what I recall.. he didn't even bother attending the funeral....sooooo..... I'll let that marinate.

Posted

Why are Internet vegans so cray? 

Posted

Why are Internet vegans so cray? 

I dunno, I would ask Cece, since she seems approachable but I am too lazy to look for her.

l loathe people like this fiend. I have a lot of issues thanks to my grandmother but I was never a dick about it or used her death to prove a point, heck, I was even at her funeral cause she was family. I hope this dude never breeds.

Posted

Seeing vegans like this make me want to eat 100 chicken nuggets like Venus did.

I understand animals are important but at the end of the day they aren't capable of understanding certain things humans can which is why we're special. This man is a sociopath who expects everyone to care about the lives and wellbeing of animals (which is a good thing) while he can't even form a proper human bond. There's... Something wrong with that.

now off to McDonald's to get those chicken nuggets.

Posted (edited)

As a vegetarian with lots of level-headed vegan friends: I want to apologize for the behavior of both Vegan Gains and Freelee. I promise we aren't all this judgmental or fake. ;-;

Edited by Fire Cracker

Posted (edited)

Seeing vegans like this make me want to eat 100 chicken nuggets like Venus did.

I understand animals are important but at the end of the day they aren't capable of understanding certain things humans can which is why we're special. This man is a sociopath who expects everyone to care about the lives and wellbeing of animals (which is a good thing) while he can't even form a proper human bond. There's... Something wrong with that.

now off to McDonald's to get those chicken nuggets.

i understand were you're coming from and i'm no vegan but animals do have the ability to feel love, pain and suffering. They deserve to have a good life as well but i'm not sure if veganism is the right solution for that.

Screen Shot 2015-11-28 at 16.42.16.png

Screen Shot 2015-11-28 at 16.41.20.png

Screen Shot 2015-12-07 at 14.44.56.png

Edited by Sugar Plum

Posted

As a vegetarian with lots of level-headed vegan friends: I want to apologize for the behavior of both Vegan Gains and Freelee. I promise we aren't all this judgmental or fake. ;-;

Honestly the crazy (minority) vegans on the internet are what make me stay away from vegetarianism/veganism (although I do cut down on animal products), because I don't want to be lumped in with them. Like when that one instafamous girl "quit social media" and I looked through her pictures it didn't make me want to stop eating meat at all...

Posted

I'm vegetarian too, with a few vegan friends. Non of my friends is ever acting like any of these social media vegans ..so it's sad that people actually think that vegans are mostly cray cray because of people like that, who in public behave like this. 

This doesn't really fit here haha. At least I think. He's a controversial person. He said he's a sociopath...but I like how he supports animal rights, but that's all.. Idk...he's very controversial. 

Supporting animal rights is one thing. But acting like a total psychopath on the internet (making death threats, tryina exploiting his grandfather's death etc) is another thing. You can talk and get active for animal rights without being a total douche. People like him are the reason many people think all vegans are crazy and why vegans have such a bad reputation. So his "engagement" doesn't help anyone.