• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

ssin 씬님

38 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I love her! The only thing I didn't understand - she made a makeup video (I forget the title since it's been deleted) that was basically like a virtual dating video that featured her as a K-pop star? All I remember is that the narrator had a really good voice and that so much time must've been put into that video (it was a sponsored video). There was something going on with K-pop fans because it was taken down and an apology video was made. I feel like that was her most creative video to date and for it to be taken down like that... :alpacaworry: 

oh yes I remember about that. Okay so like the thing is that she said something "sexual" about Xiumin and it meant something around her wanting to have sexual relations with the idol. Kpop fans noticed and she had to apologize. I never saw the video but according to what some friends told me was that it was a transformation video and it turn out really well except for that dating simulator skit.

Edited by P.O

Posted

I love her! The only thing I didn't understand - she made a makeup video (I forget the title since it's been deleted) that was basically like a virtual dating video that featured her as a K-pop star? All I remember is that the narrator had a really good voice and that so much time must've been put into that video (it was a sponsored video). There was something going on with K-pop fans because it was taken down and an apology video was made. I feel like that was her most creative video to date and for it to be taken down like that... :alpacaworry: 

She dressed as Xiumin from EXO

the controversy surrounding it was that she kept making sexual remarksws

Posted

She dressed as Xiumin from EXO

the controversy surrounding it was that she kept making sexual remarksws

oh yes I remember about that. Okay so like the thing is that she said something "sexual" about Xiumin and it meant something around her wanting to have sexual relations with the idol. Kpop fans noticed and she had to apologize. I never saw the video but according to what some friends told me was that it was a transformation video and it turn out really well except for that dating simulator skit.

I seeeeee! Thanks for clearing that up!

Posted

I didn't understand the whole situation since I don't understand korean, but from what I got Ssin made a Xiumin make up transformation and made some sexual hints. A lot of people were uncomfortable and she got a lot of hate, so she made an apology video.

Posted

I'm just going to put this here.

Her real name is Baksuhye 박수혜. Just search up ssin in korean and the korean wikis say her name.

Also, I found the controversy around in all korean articles/tweets and I founded her apology video and letter.

The links are in the spoiler: Please translate!!! I only know basic korean.

Plus the youtube video is in a link form instead of video form. OK.

Also, search up this 씬님 시우민 , the screenshots of the video come up and more articles.

In the apology video, this is what she put in the description: 

"Hello, This is SSIN

First of all, I thought myself a lot about this situation and now, I made this video.

Sorry to worry you who watched my videos with trust.
I was so obsessed with making creative and funny videos as a creator and that made me blind to think about the teenagers and many other people who are watching my videos.

I just want to apologize for my mistake, especially to the Singer and the Singer's Fans.

I will take this lesson seriously and check my speech, attitude and subtitles etc very carefully when I'll make the videos from now on. Also I'll always keep in mind that I have a responsibility to run this channel and create contents.

And I want to say Thank you to all my subscribers and others who trust me so far.

I'll always do my best to create contents and show you how I improve with good attitude as time passes by.

Once again, Thank you and Sorry to worry you.

Sincerely,
SSIN."

http://www.insight.co.kr/newsRead.php?ArtNo=61820

http://www.instiz.net/pt/3096249 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pi0jRhwqgeo&feature=youtu.be

Posted (edited)

The article just explains that Ssin did a Xiumin transformation video and did a dating sim type thing where two of the answers were not-so-subtly sexual.

Problematic answer #1: "Let's go eat 개불 at my house." 

Why is that problematic? 개불 is Korean for Urechis unicinctus aka the penis fish. It actually looks like an uncircumcised penis.

Problematic answer #2 (on a different question): "Want to drink milk in my room?"

The tweets basically just accuse Ssin of being constantly problematic and he/she says Ssin doesn't even apologize properly. Apparently Ssin had another video that is now deleted that was problematic. The person writing the tweet also says that Ssin switched from cosplaying to doing beauty stuff because she was pretty much excommunicated  for doing messed up things. I read some other tweets from the same person and he/she brought up the time Ssin was in a different country and made a comment about some random lady, saying "She has pimples on her butt" while said lady was in frame. Apparently Ssin wrote on her blog about throwing a rage fit when her brother ate her sandwich at night and crying until her parents went and bought her a new one. She then said something about her parents loving her more than her brother.

I kinda just skimmed through the stuff but I think that I got most of it. I watch Ssin because she's entertaining but I've never thought that she's a particularly nice person. She comes across really rude sometimes but that gets lost in translation.

Edit: Adding more stuff... Supposedly when she got caught being shady while involved in the cosplay scene she literally got on her knees and apologized while at a convention. Also, by "outing" I mean she was on a Internet cafe (forum) for lesbians and she pretended to be lesbian then outed people who were also on those forums.

If you google "씬님" one of the auto fill suggestions is "Sinnim's past" and there are a bunch of posts about her shady behavior. I'm a bit sad because I like her and her brother and cousin but I'm not too surprised.

Edited by lmaolmaolmao

Posted

I love Ssin! Her transformative makeups are so much fun to watch and I've learned a ton of techniques by looking at her tutorials, not to mention she's always so honest when recommending products :alpacacrush: 

My friend went to her meetup and I was lucky enough to get a personal recording of Ssin greeting me and saying my name, it was super cool! And I was so surprised that Ssin took the time to do that~~ She genuinely cares for her fans and she wants to bring us cool content which is super admirable! I hope she continues to grow in popularity :alpacalove:

i like her content to an extent. not a fan of her yt personality, even though like this anecdote says, she's generally a very nice person to fans. I prefer daeyoung, lena, and daddoa too. i used to like calary until her blackface stunt/comment. kwaktori is really cute too, but the content just isn't my style :alpacaworry:

Posted

I just paused her new vid, and omg. I love it when people can poke fun of themselves/not take anything too seriously. I think the video is about how to look like you've lost 5kg with makeup (not finished watching yet). 

Screen Shot 2016-09-19 at 3.26.55 PM.png

Posted

Does anyone know what these stickers from Japan are by chance? Trying to find them.

From this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pba3KuLDktA

Capture.JPG

Captured.JPG

I can't read japanese so all I could see was that they were called "Tears of a fairy", which is also the name of a makeup look with pretty much the same thing, just not with stickers. I'd guess she got them from a convenience store while out there, since they didn't have some big brand name on them somewhere nor did they look particularly expensive. But they are really pretty. And the wig really made her look come along nicely.

Posted (edited)

Edited by sugarcookie

Posted

Oh I thought she was so nice and I really enjoy her videos, now I feel sad and disappointed,  now I don't know what to think about her :alpacadone: I'm afraid to keep looking for more info about her past 

Posted

The article just explains that Ssin did a Xiumin transformation video and did a dating sim type thing where two of the answers were not-so-subtly sexual.

Problematic answer #1: "Let's go eat 개불 at my house." 

Why is that problematic? 개불 is Korean for Urechis unicinctus aka the penis fish. It actually looks like an uncircumcised penis.

Problematic answer #2 (on a different question): "Want to drink milk in my room?"

The tweets basically just accuse Ssin of being constantly problematic and he/she says Ssin doesn't even apologize properly. Apparently Ssin had another video that is now deleted that was problematic. The person writing the tweet also says that Ssin switched from cosplaying to doing beauty stuff because she was pretty much excommunicated  for doing messed up things. I read some other tweets from the same person and he/she brought up the time Ssin was in a different country and made a comment about some random lady, saying "She has pimples on her butt" while said lady was in frame. Apparently Ssin wrote on her blog about throwing a rage fit when her brother ate her sandwich at night and crying until her parents went and bought her a new one. She then said something about her parents loving her more than her brother.

I kinda just skimmed through the stuff but I think that I got most of it. I watch Ssin because she's entertaining but I've never thought that she's a particularly nice person. She comes across really rude sometimes but that gets lost in translation.

Edit: Adding more stuff... Supposedly when she got caught being shady while involved in the cosplay scene she literally got on her knees and apologized while at a convention. Also, by "outing" I mean she was on a Internet cafe (forum) for lesbians and she pretended to be lesbian then outed people who were also on those forums.

If you google "씬님" one of the auto fill suggestions is "Sinnim's past" and there are a bunch of posts about her shady behavior. I'm a bit sad because I like her and her brother and cousin but I'm not too surprised.

She outed people who were lesbian? How did she do that? ;-; That's so awful..
Did she doxx them or something? How did she find out their real identities? Could I have the source? I'm having a hard time finding it..

What did she do that was "shady" in the cosplay scene?

Posted (edited)

She outed people who were lesbian? How did she do that? ;-; That's so awful..Did she doxx them or something? How did she find out their real identities? Could I have the source? I'm having a hard time finding it..

What did she do that was "shady" in the cosplay scene?

"Also, by "outing" I mean she was on a Internet cafe (forum) for lesbians and she pretended to be lesbian then outed people who were also on those forums"  Probably (I am guessing, I don''t know) got to know them and got closer, knowing their identities and did out them.  Why did she feel it was necessary to do so and why did she get on there and spend her time on there????????????????????????

Edited by M.I.A

Posted

"Also, by "outing" I mean she was on a Internet cafe (forum) for lesbians and she pretended to be lesbian then outed people who were also on those forums"  Probably (I am guessing, I don''t know) got to know them and got closer, knowing their identities and did out them.  Why did she feel it was necessary to do so and why did she get on there and spend her time on there????????????????????????

Yea, I heard about this too. I think in some of her videos she talks about how she left the cosplay scene in SK, but the truth is that she was chased out for outing people who thought she was their friend.