• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Your makeup routine

45 posts in this topic

Posted

moisturizer- misting spray and nivea anti aging day cream

rimmel instaflawless bb cream, a pinkish colour corrector stick, maybelline age rewind to highlight and hide my imperfections, covergirl smoothers pressed powder to set but not overly matte, I just put it on my t zone

cream contour, I have covergirl trublend, I brontour and then I like to use the highlight that comes with it.

brows, I just use elf brow lift pencil in taupe, and then a eyebrow gel

if I'm doing something more dramatic or experimental, I'll do my eyeshadow first, but usually I will just cut a crescent out of a cotton round and use that to catch fallout. My go to look is a taupe or beige crease with a dark outer corner, a gold or purple or soft pink shimmery lid, minimal eyeliner, loreal voluminous superstar on curled lashes to make them suuuuper long, and recently I've started using outer corner lashes to enhance my eyes. I would use a full strip but I am not so good at applying it yet, and I'm self conscious about people being able to see the band or glue

Oh! And before all this I will use soap and glory sexy motherpucker and leave it on while I do my makeup, then I wipe it off and put on some light lip balm and whatever lipstick or gloss I feel like. Outlining my lips juuuuuust slightly.

I really like super super light pink blushes, ones that just barely show up on the skin.

I have nyx dewy setting spray, I just started using it and I love it

once I spray my face I apply my highlighter, I don't like to overhighlight but I like to remember all the steps, some how cohesively it all comes together in the end and makes me look better. The key is to use thin layers of all the product, instagram makeup can look really good and I always wondered why I'm not "that hot", but it probably takes them about 2 hours to do their makeup everyday and a lot of them do have plastic surgery or face tune, or access to top of the line face creams

Posted (edited)

I use laneige water bank moisturizer, concealer under my eyes and on blemishes, blush or stain on my cheeks and a bit on my nose (not the tumblr look), liquid liner (the amount varies depending on my mood that day), mascara, brow pencil just to fill in the parts I overplucked, nars matte lip pencil in dirty mind, dior lip maximizer gloss. Sometimes I'll put glitter on my lids and/or cheeks if I feel like it. that's just my every day look, but I tend to wear more if I'm going out.

Edited by Astralworm

Posted

My everyday make up routine is fill in my brows with an eyebrow pencil and powder, concealer, blush, and either red lip tint or chapstick. 

Posted (edited)

I don't wear makeup every day or that often in general, but when I do I like to go full glam. 

• eyebrows- fill, conceal, and set
  • primer- one is mattifying and the other is blurring
  • color correct- instead of using orange I just use a concealer close to my skin tone bc it's easier to cover with foundation
  • setting powder- I have super oily skin
  • foundation- I pat it in with a brush instead of a beauty blender bc it gives me more coverage
  • highlight
  • contour
  • set highlight & contour
  • eyes- shadow, mascara, and liner
  • lips- I line with a brown lip liner regardless or what color I'm using
  • highlighter
  • setting spray- I always DRENCH my face with setting spray in different "rounds" and fan myself with paper or something

I want to incorporate lashes because they can really make a makeup look pop but I can never get the hang of them 

Edited by Chilo

Posted

my makeup routine is going to sound so bad...

fill in my brows (if they are not still filled in from the day before - yes i do not remove it shame on me)

eyeliner (although recently i've started using eyeshadow for eyeliner)

some lipstick if I am particularly pale that day but generally I'm too lazy for that. 

I wish it was more elaborate, but most days I prefer the extra sleep and this only takes me 2-3 mins. 

Posted

Quick daily make-up for work/business:

- Primer 

- Concealer (to cover any blemishes and dark circles)

- BB Cream (or just regular foundation)

- Blush

- Eyebrow mascara (or filling them in with powder)

- Mascara (sometimes, but not always due to sensitive eyes)

- Lipstick

- Setting spray (or face mist)

Posted

- some type of oil because I have hella dry skin, though I’ve been neglecting this step as I ran out of it a while ago 

- too faced hangover primer

-foundation

-concealer

-while all that marinates, I put on my eyeliner then eyelash primer 

-contour (if I have enough time I’ll also contour my nose)

-mascara

-depending on da lewk, I will add bronzer

-blush

Posted

Concealer

Some nude colored shadow (usually beige or light brown) 

Mascara

Some natural lip tint

Posted

- light coverage foundation + concealer (where I need it)

- tinted brow gel

- brown eye liner

- mascara

- blush 

- if I'm being extra then highlight

- tinted lip balm

Posted

I stopped using foundation/concealer/corrector/bb cream/contouring/highlighting a few months back because it's costly, damaged my skin, and a hassle to put on/perfect and to remove at the end of the day.

This helped me focus more on my skincare routine and naturally getting rid of scars and dry spots instead of covering them with foundation (which worsened my skin). 

I only focus on my eyes, brows, lips with makeup. For the eyes; it's just mascara, eyeliner, a white liner in the waterline. For the brows; it's either a tinted or clear brow gel. For the lips; either a lip liner or a lip stain. I usually add a natural blush tint to my cheeks, but other than that, nothing else goes on my face.

Posted

right now for this winter it's this (when i wear make up)

moisturizer 

spf

hydrating primer

bb cream 

concealer

liquid blush 

a bit of bronzer

a TINY i mean a tiny bit of of highlight on my nose

brown eyeliner ( for a more natural look)

waterproof mascara

a bit of cream shadow 

lip tint/gloss

hydrating setting spray

Posted

- CeraVe moisturizing lotion with spf 15

- la girls pro. conceal for color correction and concealer on my chin and around my temples where I have acne scarring.

- elf blush and power contour (had it forever so don't remember the exact name of the pallet)

- NYX HD concealer to prime my eyes and brighten under my eyes.

- I have a bunch of eyeshadow pallets I like to mess around with and match with my outfit. 

- NYX epic ink liner.

- mascara 

- setting powder

Posted

• benefit pearl primer
  • neutrogena visibly clear cc cream 
    • drug store brand but this works really good on my skin!
  • maybelline concealer
    • again same reason
  • bobbi brown highlighting powder
    • i love the dewy look so i use highlighting powder all over my face
  • kat von d shade + light eye countour palette
    • i also use this to make my nose look thinner
  • too faced sweet peach eyeshadow palette
  • the balm schwing black eyeliner
  • maybelline lash sensational mascara
    • i personally think this is tooo underrated
  • chanel rouge coco gloss 166

Posted (edited)

Daily Wear: 

- Prep with moisturizer, under-eye cream, and at least 30SPF

- Black cat eyeliner (currently using Get in Line by Covergirl) 

- Eyebrows (eyebrow gel + eyebrow powder combo from ELF or bellapierre [Ipsy cheapo online brand] and Benefit eyebrow gel)

- Highlighter on cheeks and a little on eyelids (So Susan [another Ipsy cheapo brand] in dream maker -- highly recommend) 

- Bobbi Brown lipgloss in Nude

- Mascara (Perversion by Urban Decay)

I have really rather clear skin, so this is all I need to make myself look awake and enlarge my eyes.

Edited by darlin

Posted

step 1: moisturize face

step 2: lip gloss

boom done