Your makeup routine

27 posts in this topic

Posted

If it's everyday i just use primer, foundation and concealer. If I'm bothered I'll do my brows and mascara.

If it's for work, festivals or the club my face is pretty beat. Eyeshadow, fake lashes, the whooole insta mua shindig. 

Posted

I wish I was better at makeup, especially eye makeup (I have trouble with my tapered Asian eyes) but what I wear for

work:

-cream blush (Aritaum or Glossier)

-highlighter (Clinique, Pat McGrath, or Holika Holika)

-eyebrows (Innisfree or Etude House to fill and Glossier to groom)

-lip tint/balm (Dior, Glossier, or YSL)

going out (but still lazy lol): same as above with added

-neutral eyeshadow (Aritaum Mono Eyes or Sugarpill.. from the one LE palette with the cat on it haha)

-curl lashes (Shu Uemura)

-preferably brown mascara (Dollywink but if black, Majolica Majorca or Kiss Me Heroine)

:alpacaheadshake:

Posted (edited)

My skincare honestly holds precedence, but for me my makeup routine is simple af.

I use the Lancôme Cils boosting lash primer, the Lancôme Grandiose wide angle effect mascara, and I fill in my eyebrows lightly.

Sometimes I wear concealer (Urban Decay Color Corrector in “Pink”), blush (E.L.F. Beautifully Bare in “Bare Peach”), bronzer (Nyx Matte in “Medium”), or lipstick (I love the Tarte matte formula❤️ especially in “Homeslice”) Lately I have been using the Neutrogena Shine Control Powder as well since my spf makes me look greasy.

Edited by stickfigurine
Added specific details.

Posted

I tend to opt for a more natural look (think glass skin) when I'm at work/school because honestly, I have no time to properly beat my face.

-sunscreen (cosrx)
-concealer (clio, maybelline)
-eye brows (etude house, a'pieu, glossier)
-liquid bronzer (missha)
-cream blush (skinfood, glossier, a'pieu)
-lip tint/oil/stick (aritaum, etude house, clinique, 3CE, clio, urban decay, colourpop)

When I'm going out I do all of the above plus the added steps below if I feel like it. Also jfc I just realised how many steps I actually have

-primer (innisfree, hourglass)
-foundation (etude house,pony effect)
-powder if I'm too greasy (innisfree, glossier)
-powder blush/bronzer if i feel like layering powder on top of cream (3CE/too cool for school, elizabeth arden)
-cream contour (colourpop, etude house)
-highlighter if I decide to pass on the glass skin look (colourpop, jouer, moonshot, 3CE)
-eye primer (etude house)
-eye shadow (3CE, ABH, elizabeth arden, urban decay)
-liquid eye liner (maybelline, stilla, KVD)
-curling lashes if I can find my lash curler (shu uemura)
-mascara (mote, etude house)
-lip liner if I'm going out for a long while (3CE, etude house) 
-setting spray (clio, urban decay)

Posted

WI tend to opt for a more natural look (think glass skin) when I'm at work/school because honestly, I have no time to properly beat my face.

Hidden Content

When I'm going out I do all of the above plus the added steps below if I feel like it. Also jfc I just realised how many steps I actually have

Hidden Content

OT (skincare): Have you tried the Peach & Lily Glass Skin Serum?!  It’s amazing for that effect and they sell it at Ulta now too.

Posted

I only wear makeup a few times a week, but my full routine is this:

• Moisturize with Cetaphil's sensitive skin moisturizer plus 15 spf
  • BH cosmetics primer
  • Conceal under eyes and on eyelids
  • Foundation 
  • Spot conceal
  • Blush
  • Powder to set t zone (I tend to be dry so I only set under eyes and t zone)
  • Highlighter
  • Eyebrows
  • Eyeshadow, usually something purple and brown
  • Eyeliner
  • Mascara
  • Purple, dark red, or nude lip

Posted (edited)

I don't wear makeup anymore. It became too much trouble for me to take off and i hated having to worry if something was off about it when i wasn't in front of a mirror ( Ex: Was my liner smudged? and is my lipstick still in tack?). Most i do now a days is a little blush and i keep it moving. I never wore it a lot anyways but when i did it was something like this:

• Moisturizer, toner, and my something my mom made for me that has a lot of different types of oils n stuff in it to help keep my skin fresh and healthy. *I still do this*
  • Starting off with Eyebrows - ABH eyebrow powder
  • Eye Liner - Wet N Wild H2O Proof Liquid Eyeliner
  • Mascara - TooFaced Better than Sex Mascara 

And that's it. I on special occasions wore lipstick and a powdered foundation.

Edited by CelesteLee

Posted

OT (skincare): Have you tried the Peach & Lily Glass Skin Serum?!  It’s amazing for that effect and they sell it at Ulta now too.

my skincare routine is good enough for the glass skin effect though I've heard of it but can't seem to get it in my area  :alpacaworry2:

Posted

I don't wear makeup everyday because I'm too lazy and I like my skin to breathe. So this is my makeup routine when I go to parties, festivals, raves, and etc. Even though I have asian double lids, I can still do a halo eye or a half cut crease. It takes a lot of practise to make a full beat glam on your eyes :D 

• cleaner & moisturiser - I just use Cetaphil. This took most of the texture off my skin, I love it!
  • eyebrows - kat von d pomade; I should have purchased abh instead. This product is too creamy to my liking, but i'm just going to keep on using it until I finish it.
  • eye base/primer - essence 'I <3 colour intensifying eyeshadow base'; This is my holy grail!! It may look flaky/patchy when you pack/buff it on your lids. Once you set it with a skin colour eyeshadow (I have oily lids if I don't set it, the rest is history), the rest of your creation will work. I don't know how to explain. I really like to make products work, I am very patient when it comes to eye products. ahahahaha i love doing my eyes so much :D 
  • eyeshadow - I gravitate towards colourful eyeshadows. The palettes I reach out are Colourpop x Katheleenlights - Dream st. palette, Morphe 35B, and BH Cosmetics Brazilian palette. I do not like using neutral eyeshadows it looks dull and boring on me.
  • eyeliner - SIKE! ahahahah I used to do eyeliner back then but since my eyes has stop becoming puffy from the lack of sleeeeeeep, my lids are slightly uneven now. I don't give a tiny rat's ass about doing eyeliner. It's been a very long time and I suck now
  • mascara and lashes - meh i'm still uncomfortable with mascara. The only mascara I own is essence princess false lash it's the green one. yeah nah i don't like it the formula is wet ( can see you i'm being lazy to be formal ahahahahha). Since my makeup routine is based on partying, I wear ratchet lashes hehehehhe like they're full but wispy at the same time? the lashes i chose are not bushy i swear once i stuck it on it looks so bloody pretty man. I will never go back to natural lashes
  • primer - yeah nah i haven't worn a primer for like 2 years i'm too lazy to buy one. PLEASE RECOMMEND I APPRECIATE!!!!!
  • foundation - i don't wear it to festivals or rave because it's going to bloody melt off. i will wear it to like a boat party or a social event. can you believe it i only own 1 foundation, i just want finish it off and it's out of date as well. fuck i'm so horrible. it's the smashbox - studio skin foundation. I used to like it, but my skin changed from oily to combo. Soooooo it dries up my skin. To fix it I will mix in illuminator and moisturiser and my skin looks fresh. i like the fresh base now hehehe
  • powder - essence matte translucent powder on the t zone
  • highlighter - current fave is abh x amrezy
  • lips - warm brown nude lips; current fave maybelline superstay matte ink in amazonian. yes the formula is sticky but i scrape most of product off and put a thin layer. i wore it and had kbbq. omg the colour stayed on my lips and i'm a messy eater.
  • setting spray - essence matte setting spray

OMG THIS IS A LONG POST BUT THIS IS MY ROUTINE :D i'm still learning how to use blush and bronzer

Posted

I honestly LOVE the Colourpop x Kathleen Lights Dream St.  It’s inexpensive, so freaking pigmented and looks good for glam or natural days 

Posted

I honestly LOVE the Colourpop x Kathleen Lights Dream St.  It’s inexpensive, so freaking pigmented and looks good for glam or natural days 

This is my all time favourite palette. I've hit pan on the teal colour!! 

Posted

This is my all time favourite palette. I've hit pan on the teal colour!! 

that’s the only color I’m scared to use lol.  But I’m hitting pan on a few myself.  I think they’re going to keep it around and I’m so glad so I can restock!