Your makeup routine

27 posts in this topic

Posted

I basically wear concealer for the dark circles under my eyes ,a little bit of blush to not look dead and that is all. Everyone always tell me that i should wear more makeup but i'm just too lazy :alpacabored: 

Posted

I don't really bother with foundation tbh, I just do a little bit of concealer on my flaws. Then for my eyes I do a dark red shadow in the eye creases and blend out, then a very dark plum on my lid, a shit tone of mascara or natural looking falsies. For lips; a dark red and black lipstick and do a soft gradient lip.

Posted

Generally, I tend to wear a lot of makeup. I like the discipline.
On a typical day: lightly filled in eyebrows, a dab of blush here and there, a small amount of concealer wherever I need it, curled eyelashes and lots of mascara, an eye-catching lipstick, mostly red but sometimes black or burgundy, with a lip liner in the same colour. Usually (but not always) I'll do a cat eye; sometimes false lashes.

Posted

I only put on makeup for events and such, so I have no routine whatsoever, but my preference is a minimal look.

This includes the vitals:

• simple eyeshadow, can be one shade or a two-tone gradient
  • mascara
  • lipstick

Optionals are:

• concealer for dark circles 
  • eyeliner

Posted

I have a pretty extensive routine, and I pick a different aesthetic everyday. The usual ones are Goth, Grunge, Glammed party looks and natural.

Concealer is a must for all of them. I start off by spot concealing and under eye concealer. 

Goth

medium to full coverage foundation

harsh contouring of cheekbones and jawline, as well as some contour to deepen the eye socket (think transition shades)

I usually have two eye looks for this: One is a reddish, burnt orange-ish smokey eye, which I blow out to my nose and temples. Think Adore Delano grunge. The second is a normal black smoky eye, for which I keep the darker pigments closer to the lashline as well as the outer corners of my eyes. For both looks I go for a sharp winged liner

Gold highlight on my cheekbones and brow bone

Black or burgundy lipstick

glam

Medium to full coverage foundation

slight contouring of cheekbones and nose

Gold eyeshadow which I deepen with brown and bronze. Add black eyeliner and inner corner highlight

Pearl highlight

Plum or berry lipstick

Natural (aka fool the school administration into thinking i'm not wearing makeup)

foundation only where I need it (think Mariah Leonard's Glass skin tutorial)

Some contouring of my cheekbones

light liptint

bronzer over my cheeks 

I don't really use blush since I substitute it with bronzer lmao

Posted

-serums

-spf

-primer

-foundation, powder, highlighter, bronzer

-mascara, brow gel (if i feel extra, eyeshadow, liner all the works)

-lip balm always, maybe some lipstick or tint depending on wtf i did with my eyes

-mmmmaybe blush if i'm feeling it, setting spray if i know it's gonna be a long ass day.

Posted

I tend to stick to browns when it comes to eye shadows. Always prime my eyes because my eyes are a bit hooded and my eye shadow tends to crease. (or do burnt orange eye shadow looks)  I dont even bother with foundation. Some light mascara.  Also filling in brows is a necessity. Slap on some  chap stick or lipgloss and thats about it.  

Posted

-spf

-eyeshadow or eyepencil

-mascara

-lipgloss

Posted

Wow, a lot of you have very simple routines. I do a near-full makeup routine because I like the ritual, and I want to use my shit. I rarely ever suggest anyone to wear more makeup. It's really up to you and what you're comfortable doing. SPF before makeup.

1. Base: Choice of light dusting of mineral foundation, tinted moisturiser or light/medium coverage foundation in satin finish. Concealer is only where needed, but I often forego the concealer under my eyes. It looks too heavy and "made up" for me. Powder to set if I need to i.e. putting on powder products on top.

2. Complexion: Bronzer mostly for base adjustment (foundation too light) or if I'm looking sallow. Contour if I want but not done in daily makeup. Usually when I'm more made up. Highlight is usually used because I like that glow but I don't always do it. Blush is a must if I'm using foundation because I tend to look a bit flat without it. I really enjoy the process of putting on blush. Preferred colours are peachy pink for spring/summer and mauve for autumn/winter. I'll use apricot if my lip is warmer. 

3. Eyes: Sometimes nothing at all but I like to do cream colour all over and brown in crease for everyday. I'll forego liner and mascara often. Sometimes eyeshadow as liner for softer effect or just tightline with pencil/brush liquid liner. Dramatic looks: liner and mascara always. I find liner and mascara to look heavy on the eyes. 

4. Lips: MLBBs mostly. I love a good colour but I'm not into it as I used to. Sometimes it'll just be transparent lip balm/lip oil, so no colour added. Sometimes it's a tint. If I'm wearing matte lips, I like to line my lips. 

Posted

I don’t really wear makeup but when I do it’s 

- hydrating primer 

- cushion fountain 

- cream blush

- highlighter 

- brow gel

Posted

Currently my skin and eyes are irritated due to allergy season, so I'm doing a light version of my  normal routine.

• SPF
  • Green-tinted primer
  • Concealer
  • Brow gel
  • Lip tint or lip balm
  • Setting powder
  • Setting spray

Posted (edited)

you guys and ur perfect skin damn. actually i'm really oily so i wear foundation because it keeps me from getting too oily throughout the day more than for the the coverage.

mine is

• spf, primer
  • colour correct + conceal under eyes
  • bbcream, powder foundation
  • more powder
  • contour + blush, or just blush + draping
  • highlight
  • eyebrows
  • eyeshadow, usually a brown smokey eye
  • curl + mascara
  • setting spray

i don't really wear lip products for everyday makeup, just vaseline. if i'm lazy or pressed for time i just do foundation, blush/highlight and brows

Edited by foxing

Posted (edited)

My makeup routine is a bit intense but only because I love being extra so in order this is what I do

prime my face with smashbox photo finish, the I use my angle brush to do my brows with my ABH dipbrow then with a different angle brush I carve our my brows with concealer(NARS) just in case I goofed up when drawing them or just making the look sharper then I buff out the concealer, then I add my contour (Fenty creme contour sticks) in the gallows of my cheeks and nose also but concealer on my dark circles, my nose bridge and my chin then blend with my beauty blender with my foundation(Fenty is medium to full coverage better for combination and oily skin) then I set my face with some Kat Von d transculent powder and I do my eyeshadow with whatever palette which consists of 50 different brushes plus shades and then with my Kat Von d tattoo liner (TRY THIS MY DUDES BEST WATERPROOF LIQUID LINER EVER) and I curl my lashes and then I use tartes gifted for mascara which is good if I’m feeling sad that day I’ll use the waterproof version of that which is called lifted and then I highlight and then set my face and that’s it sometimes I do a lip sometimes I don’t. 

Edited by Dahlia*

Posted

Mine is 

• primer
  • foundation (only around the eyes)
  • concealer under the eyes
  • eye primer
  • eyeshadow
  • eyeliner
  • mascara
  • false eyelashes
  • lip tint