• Announcements

• Official PULL Discord!   12/08/18

Hi Everyone!  We've opened up an official discord. In order to join, you need to have posted at least 20 comments on PULL! This is to make sure we don't let in any flakes with ulterior motives. After joining, you will receive a DM with instructions on how to get verified! Also, your registration date needs to be earlier than December 2018 so that we don't get a ton of people signing up only to join the Discord but without actually contributing to PULL. Drop by and chat here: https://discord.gg/KDF2kt5 Also, we need to upgrade our server in the very near future. PULL grows bigger by the day (yay!) but  to handle the load, we need upgrades. For less than the cost of what you spend on Netflix, we can continue to host your content. Whether it's $1 or $5 a month, all gifts are appreciated. Please consider giving here: https://www.patreon.com/PULL Thank you for your continued love and support!

Ayuru (pnkvirus)

8 posts in this topic

Posted

AYURU - PNKVIRUS

DavDchzWkAACb0I.thumb.jpg.6fb101541215b7

Instagram // Twitter // Blog // Youtube // Facebook

This is the first personality topic I make myself so forgive me if I make any mistakes. :alpacawink:

Ayuru/pnkvirus is one of the most popular Spanish cosplayers in the community. She has amassed a following of over 10,000 followers in Instagram and Youtube as a cosplayer and artist who regularly attends cons in the whole country as well as abroad. She's currently dating Gale/Galefic/koivrow/Koibito, another cosplayer who's more well known in Spain as one of the managers of Jointo, the company that sets up the Japan Weekend cons (probably the biggest cons in Spain, set up in big towns like Madrid and Barcelona) He's a trans boy who claims to have been born in Sweden, and even if he doesn't cosplay as much as Ayu he's usually her photographer.

Ayu herself isn't the subject of 'official' drama, although many people in anonymous threads in 4chan have accused her of rigging cosplay contests. They claim she profits of her boyfriend's position as Jointo manager for winning almost every big-name cosplay competition in Spain: even if the con isn't managed by Jointo, Gale may help with the organization or know some of the organizers, This led to her even going to Tokyo Game Show in Japan as Spain's representative. Some people also claim her boyfriend is profiting of her looks to gain more followers and try to salvage his cosplay career, since when they cosplay together all outfits are made by Ayu. Both Gale and Ayu have been accused of aggresive photoshop in their pictures as well.

Some other people accuse her of thinking too highly of herself, and that her cosplay work is pretty bad for a "professional". The latest cosplay contest she won was in November, with a Cinderella outfit she finished a few hours prior, you can find the video here.

Ayu has also amassed a following for her sponsored reviews of cosplays and circle lenses in her blog and Instagram. 

Ayu is a close friend of Geheichou, and the two of them have collaborated several times in photoshoots and travelling together to cons.

Anyway, what do you think of her guys? :alpacaconfused:

Posted (edited)

I dont care that much about her, to be honest...
My only complain is when they are mean or dishonest with their fanbase,  she posted an insta story or something about how it is not bad to edit yourself "edit your face too look thiner is right, there is nothing wrong, it helps to make the picture better" some shit like that, cant remember exactly the words, but to me....that is never okay, altering your weight and your face structure is not okay, if you want to edit the color of the picture or even erase some eye bags, okay, everything is fine as long as  you can still recognize the person..but changing your body or your entire face ? specially since she admitted gaining weight
if you want to say that you dont feel comfy with your looks that is better than saying "is okay to edit yourself lol", she seems like a nice person, but that little detail really bothers me and, I dont know if it was a trend, cause I see the same discourse  with other cosplayeres too.

-also great post, btw- <3

Edited by Glanni Glaepur

Posted

I dont care that much about her, to be honest...
My only complain is when they are mean or dishonest with their fanbase,  she posted an insta story or something about how it is not bad to edit yourself "edit your face too look thiner is right, there is nothing wrong, it helps to make the picture better" some shit like that, cant remember exactly the words, but to me....that is never okay, altering your weight and your face structure is not okay, if you want to edit the color of the picture or even erase some eye bags, okay, everything is fine as long as  you can still recognize the person..but changing your body or your entire face ? specially since she admitted gaining weight
if you want to say that you dont feel comfy with your looks that is better than saying "is okay to edit yourself lol", she seems like a nice person, but that little detail really bothers me and, I dont know if it was a trend, cause I see the same discourse  with other cosplayeres too.

-also great post, btw- <3

Thank you! :alpacacrush:

That's one of the complaints I've read about her browsing the web, she spreads body positivity and claims she wants everyone to be confortable in their bodies... Yet she edits herself and Gale a lot.

Posted

Just another cosplayer that tries to preach body-positivity while altering her own body through photoshop. The only thing that makes her stand out from other cosplayers is the bigger amount of followers. At least, she's not a scammer and her attitude is not as bad as many less relevant cosplayers/youtubers. 

Posted

Gale is a cocky :S I don't hink Ayu is like that... But ... How many times have they go to Japan?!?!?!  Where do they get so much money lol  "Professional Cosplayers" yeah of course, in Spain maybe 😂😂

79e7650c-954c-42af-8220-911a0bccc770.gif

Posted

Gale is a cocky :S I don't hink Ayu is like that... But ... How many times have they go to Japan?!?!?!  Where do they get so much money lol  "Professional Cosplayers" yeah of course, in Spain maybe 😂😂

79e7650c-954c-42af-8220-911a0bccc770.gif

i think ayu and her group of cosplayer friends just were just lucky enough to be born in a wealthy family

Posted

i think ayu and her group of cosplayer friends just were just lucky enough to be born in a wealthy family

People on Gehe's thread were saying Ayu and Gale struggle with money though. I have no reason not to believe them but one common inside joke in the Spanish con community is that Jointo managers go to Japan once a year. 

I tried to Google how did Gale get into Jointo mamanagement and it seems he claimed to be in touch with well-known cosplayers. Hilariously, in his first JW as manager Reika was a guest and she complained they left her alone at her table without food.

Anyway, back to Ayu. She's going with Gale to Clara Cow's cosplay contest as Fiona and Farquaad, will update as soon as I get pics.

Posted

It's been a month since my last Ayu update, so here I am!

She went with Gale to Clara Cow's cosplay cup and won. Here you have some pics and their performance:

2.thumb.PNG.6784bfc42170f6581206faf72117Captura.thumb.PNG.33d55c415224eace3d6476

And guess what the prize is.. A trip to Japan.

DgCp8H6XcAA22xz.jpg

Last weekend she attended a con in Spain (ExpOtaku Zaragoza) with Gehe, they cosplayed Peter Pan and Tinkerbell and the next day FFXV's Cindy and Prompto.

fdgf.thumb.PNG.2047530a94b08f36681b4360bgdfgdfh.thumb.PNG.277abad2be47f603d871abghfjghjk.thumb.PNG.e7b73c9921395ef2a356e

I find it quite significant that when she cosplays with Gehe, she's the pretty girl and he's the pretty boy, yet when she cosplays with Gale, she's still the pretty girl but Gale cosplays the hunk/ugly man... It's not the first time I've noticed this, when Ayu cosplayed Belle Gale went as Gaston and when they did their KH BbS outfits, Ayu was Aqua, Gehe was Ventus and Gale was Terra.