• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Anime Discussion

382 posts in this topic

Posted

Carole and Tuesday is an anime to look out for this year. The story and characters are great, the song is catchy, so far so good. I also love how they represent lesbian relationship and diverse race without pushing for a certain agenda.

Watanabe is known for having a Diverse cast in most of his anime going back to  Bebop as well as his music choice for the series (i.E bebop was jazz Samurai Champloo was Hip-Hip, Mitchiko to Hatchin i think was  Bozza Nova  ech) 

Yeah im currently watching it as well. I want to see how how he handles this series with its music and its themes.

Posted

I really admire David Prod for sticking to the manga content for JoJo pt. 5, especially the torture dance and the 7 page muda. I think they did quite well for this series, with the season finale next week.

Also did anyone watch the new TYPEMOON/Fate anime? The Case Files of Lord El-Melloi II

Posted

I'm not sure if to post this here or in unpopular opinions but I guess it's not exactly unpopular, so...

It's sad that Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun still isn't getting a second seaason, even though the first season was received so well. The manga has enough material, what's stopping them? So many unremarkable anime series appear every season, why not have a second season of this one?

Similar feelings about Yotsubato, such a well received manga but no anime adaptation.

Is it the lack of fanservice and action? But there are still many slice of life anime series without that anyway. I just don't get it.

Posted

I really admire David Prod for sticking to the manga content for JoJo pt. 5, especially the torture dance and the 7 page muda. I think they did quite well for this series, with the season finale next week.

Also did anyone watch the new TYPEMOON/Fate anime? The Case Files of Lord El-Melloi II

Im checking it out so far so good but i find it wierd that TM usally gives the shit Fate serious to other studios while the good ones usually goes to mostly Ufotable

I'm not sure if to post this here or in unpopular opinions but I guess it's not exactly unpopular, so...

It's sad that Gekkan Shoujo Nozaki-kun still isn't getting a second seaason, even though the first season was received so well. The manga has enough material, what's stopping them? So many unremarkable anime series appear every season, why not have a second season of this one?

Similar feelings about Yotsubato, such a well received manga but no anime adaptation.

Is it the lack of fanservice and action? But there are still many slice of life anime series without that anyway. I just don't get it.

Maybe its because there isn't a studio who the manga-ka feels can do a faithful adaptation. I would love to see a Yotsubato anime but the only anime studio i can see pulling off a good anime is either J.C staff or dogo Kobo

Posted

Im checking it out so far so good but i find it wierd that TM usally gives the shit Fate serious to other studios while the good ones usually goes to mostly Ufotable

Maybe its because there isn't a studio who the manga-ka feels can do a faithful adaptation. I would love to see a Yotsubato anime but the only anime studio i can see pulling off a good anime is either J.C staff or dogo Kobo

There will never be an anime adaption of Yotsuba&! The manga creator themself said that they never want an anime made of the manga (I think because it would ruin the charm or something? And because they do not feel like the manga would be translated well into animation.)

The creator of Yotsuba&! also made Azumanga daioh and if I remember correctly I think they originally never wanted an anime made of that manga as well (or were unhappy/regretful of it?)

Posted

When Servamp and ONS can't get a new season but some shit like Handshakers can get a season two. 

Posted

When Servamp and ONS can't get a new season but some shit like Handshakers can get a season two. 

Is handshakers getting a season 2?

also i have a question for all of you guys

Do you think the anime streaming bubble is gonna burst anytime soon

I only ask because i was watching a Bennet the sage Vid and he made that claim saying he thinks its gonna burst within the next 5 years 

what do you guys think?

Posted

Is handshakers getting a season 2?

It already has a season 2

Posted

I can't wait for the next season of anime to arrive. nwn

Posted

It already has a season 2

I was thinking about W'z because they both look like shit

Posted

I was shocked to discover that the Ro-kyu-bu manga is actually...normal. No ecchi, no fanservice, the art style is cute, not lewd; the story lines are based on comedy and sports. For what reason the anime become a sexualized version is beyond me O.o

Posted

Please tell me what's so great about Boogiepop no Warawanai anime because it looks so pretentious and cryptic for no reason. The premise says a Shinigami kills a girl at the height of their beauty and I have yet to see that 3 episodes in??

Posted (edited)

Please tell me what's so great about Boogiepop no Warawanai anime because it looks so pretentious and cryptic for no reason. The premise says a Shinigami kills a girl at the height of their beauty and I have yet to see that 3 episodes in??

If you are talking about the new one nobody likes it i checked it out and nope out of it after episode one.

It was suppose to cover the all the light novels that the 2000 anime didn't but yeah it ended up being shit.

apparently Madhouse workers were overworked 

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2019-04-10/madhouse-production-assistant-hospitalized-for-overwork-demands-compensation-for-unpaid-overtime/.145557

Edited by Fairyduster

Posted

Is any of the summer anime right now worth watching? I kinda miss back when I’d watch all the new anime but it all looks like isekai right now 

Posted

Is any of the summer anime right now worth watching? I kinda miss back when I’d watch all the new anime but it all looks like isekai right now 

Kanata No astra 

Dr. Stone (if you like shonen) 

Cop Craft 

Dumbbell  Nan Kilo Motteru?

Vinland saga

and if you are a fan of the Fate series  the El-Mello Files