• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

Anime Discussion

320 posts in this topic

Posted

Oh I thought I was the only one who couldn't get into One Punch Man either...! I guess I should check out Goblin Slayer and see if we can match three for three.

The only things I can think of that may be throwing me off could be the set-up of the story being similar to Naruto. "A young boy with great power and potential attends a unique school with equally talented students" was done well for me already with Naruto. I also feel like the characters are a bit too flat on the surface for me outside of Deku. Not even All Might is interesting to me?

It's such a shame because I'd love to love a new big series, and seeing so many manga professionals cheering on the author has been really nice to see.

Posted

Oh I thought I was the only one who couldn't get into One Punch Man either...! I guess I should check out Goblin Slayer and see if we can match three for three.

The only things I can think of that may be throwing me off could be the set-up of the story being similar to Naruto. "A young boy with great power and potential attends a unique school with equally talented students" was done well for me already with Naruto. I also feel like the characters are a bit too flat on the surface for me outside of Deku. Not even All Might is interesting to me?

It's such a shame because I'd love to love a new big series, and seeing so many manga professionals cheering on the author has been really nice to see.

What about the fact that the arcs are just a back and forth between tournament arcs and slice of life arcs?

Posted

I just warn you Goblin Slayer is really really dark and not for the faint of heart! It's basically on the same lines of Berserk!

Posted

I miss being excited to watch seasonal animes. Nowadays I can't even compromise myself to watch one, I get bored so easily and it's so hard to watch an entire episode orz

The last one I watched was Zombieland Saga and I really liked it. I also watched Made in Abyss, Hinamatsuri, Satsuriku no Tenshi and I don't remember much besides these. This year, I watched some episodes of Kaguya-san but I'm too tired to keep watching;;

Posted

I miss being excited to watch seasonal animes. Nowadays I can't even compromise myself to watch one, I get bored so easily and it's so hard to watch an entire episode orz

The last one I watched was Zombieland Saga and I really liked it. I also watched Made in Abyss, Hinamatsuri, Satsuriku no Tenshi and I don't remember much besides these. This year, I watched some episodes of Kaguya-san but I'm too tired to keep watching;;

Im watching Promise neverland and Kakegurui xx because i already seen the first season both are good in my opinion.

I also like zombieland saga as for Kaguya san im not checking out because not a fan of that type of anime.

Posted

Rewatching Kimi ni Todoke because it's been some time since I watched it and I got obsessed with how adorable sawako was again. It's still as cute as I remembered oml

Posted

Rewatching Kimi ni Todoke because it's been some time since I watched it and I got obsessed with how adorable sawako was again. It's still as cute as I remembered oml

Oh I love re-watching this anime it just gives all the warm fuzzies and feels! 

Posted

What about the fact that the arcs are just a back and forth between tournament arcs and slice of life arcs?

I think that's why I'm so sad I can't get into it! Maybe I can try from one of the slice of life arcs? :alpacaworry: I don't want to write off the series just yet, something is telling me to keep giving it a go. Even if I don't get into it fully, I still feel like I would have fun watching if I found the right entry point... :alpacaworry2:

Posted

Just started watching JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, I can see why they call it "bizarre".

since it's split into a multi arc/season/a world cross time I'm curious to see where it goes.

I also like the art style considering I thought at first glance it wasn't that interesting from cursory glances. I'll admit that right now the guys are a little meatier than I expected, that's one way of putting it, but I think it's uniquely drawn, and the art does seem to get less exaggerated in latter arcs.

DIIIIIIOOOOO!

Posted

Anybody checking out the Fruits Basket reboot?

Show us rin you cowards!!!!

Posted

Promised Neverland has really surprised me. I have no idea where this adventure is going. 

Posted

Promised Neverland has really surprised me. I have no idea where this adventure is going. 

What are your thougts on the ending and are you checking out the dub when it airs on Toonami on the 13th?

Posted

What are your thougts on the ending and are you checking out the dub when it airs on Toonami on the 13th?

I don't have access to toonami, nor do I like dubs so I won't be checking it out. But man, that episode... I was holding back tears at Isabella's flashback. And somehow I did not see that twist coming. AMAZING! I'm so buying the manga, I can't wait till 2020 to find out what happens. I need this masterpiece in my shelf. 

Posted

I don't have access to toonami, nor do I like dubs so I won't be checking it out. But man, that episode... I was holding back tears at Isabella's flashback. And somehow I did not see that twist coming. AMAZING! I'm so buying the manga, I can't wait till 2020 to find out what happens. I need this masterpiece in my shelf. 

Im gonna check out the dub, im gonna wait for season 2 to start reading the manga but i agree with what you said.  TPM was amazing. I can't wait till 2020 for season 2 and i wanna see how they are gonna handle the dub. 

Posted

Thoughts on the dub?