Help: writing a paper about snowflake but stuck

3 posts in this topic

Posted

First of all, hello! I'm Mozza, a new member :) I'm here because of McKenna, I currently identify as asexual and BEFORE I cleared my confusion about my sexuality, McKenna's video confused and sickened me a lot. The Google search result of her leads me to this forum. Which I'm really grateful of.

I'm saying so because I'm writing a paper about "abusive use of outer symbols without understanding the inner meaning" (I have a degree in communication design) And seriously I was stuck. When I'm doing my research, I notice that there's some young girls that aligned with said phenomenon, expressed share interests unnatural hair colors, like to be recognized as genderqueers, are oddly obsessed with Japanese culture and Disney, like to be artistic, over dramatic - but I know these traits are superficial. And an individual could match all of these without being a "snowflake."

So I need help! Please let me know if there's any observable behavioral patterns for snowflakes? For example their choice of wordings, cultural references in terms of their fashion choices etc. you don't have to be really academical, talking about your experience in a casual way will do. I appreciate all your help!

Posted

In fashion sense, a lot of them have a tendency to wear attention seeking clothes or appearance ( let it be slutty, weird alternative-colourful edgelord, or just plain super kawaii uwu ). But not all snowflakes are like that, just the majority of them.  

Posted

In terms of personality, most definitely manipulation (especially of their fan base). Too often I see these snowflakes take advantage of their following through guilt tripping/melodrama/etc. They’ll twist the story in their favor and have their fans pity them (for money, validation, whatever). 

Folks can follow popular trends—such as hair dying or Disney as you mentioned—but it all comes down to their intentions imo. Are they doing for themselves (ie. wanting to fit in, insecurities, genuinely liking the trend) or are they acting for the sole purpose of catering themselves to a particular group (ie. wearing revealing attire knowing their fanbase is mostly male-dominated, putting on a Fake Woke/bitchy act to seem more intellectual)? There’s some gray area here though, as some of these factors overlap (holding insecurities...thus leading to the whole pandering thing for validation).