Unpopular Opinons (Anime Edition)

88 posts in this topic

Posted

ANYTHING FATE RELATED JUST SHUTS MY FUCKING BRAIN OUT WHEN ITS RELATED TO SABER LOOK ALIKE WTH IS A NERO? WHY ARE THERE SO MANY VERSIONS OF SABER!! SABER IS A BORING CHARACTER !!! THE ONLY GOOD THING COMING FROM THE FATE SERIES IS LANCER/CU AND ARCHER

Posted

• Going back to the Horror anime opinion the last good Horror anime i seen was Gakkou Gurashi other than that anime that claim they are "horror" are laughably bad or just bad (i.e Mayogia, Ou- Sama Game) 
  • I Just seen someone post this on my twitter  Redue RGU (let SHAFT do it becuse they are good with visuals) but only recast for characters who VA retired already I know Anthy VA already retired. I don't think we should Recast for the whole RGU 

Both Mayoiga and Ousama Game had a promising concept, but a failed execution. Mayoiga was based off a pretty cool urban legend in Japan, if I'm not wrong, but they just didn't know where to go and the plot and characters were all over the place. And Ousama Game... That one was bad.

Actually, if you compare Ousama Game with Another (they both have a similar premise of a class that has been cursed and students are dying), you can clearly see where it went wrong. Another has depth: characters have distinct personalities and moments of focus, so when they die, you feel for them; it's not just gore, it has psychological horror behind it, the fear of not being able to save those you care about, the anxiety of not knowing who's going to be next, people being pitted against each other by insidious rumours. Ousama Game lacks all of those elements, as it was basically gore wrapped in a badly written edgy plot. It doesn't work as a horror piece (at most, you could call it action), because it's simply not realistic enough. Horror doesn't work if you don't think of it as even remotely real.

And the "mythology" of Ousama Game? Bad. Just really fucking bad. It had more holes than swiss cheese.

Sorry about the rant but yeah lmao

Posted

"Edgy and dark" mahou shoujo anime...no. It is just a lame genre. I mean I loved Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica. But Mahou Shoujo Ikusei Keikaku was just "let's see who dies next and in what way," and Mahou Shoujo Site...well...the most recent episode was actually hilarious and gives me hope, but I know it's just going to go back to abuse and blah blah. I'll still watch it and everything like it because I have no standards. I love dark and edgy mahou shoujo but that's a secret!

Kimi no Na wa was pretty ok but no way is it as good as people say. (I really enjoyed it but the hype and praise was ridiculous).

Studio TRIGGER is not going to save anime.

Kaguya-hime no Monogatari is the best film Ghibli ever made.

Posted

• Yugioh needs to fucking stop with the anime spin-offs and actually expand on their existing series especially the original DM manga as it was written in late 90's.
  • I enjoy Love Live as a fun mobile game but I simply can't watch the anime until the end. It was so tropey and cheesy I just can't.
  • Loli/shota stuff is okay. It's as fictional as any other genre so calm your tits folks.
  • Western fandom needs to learn a thing or two from the Japanese fandom.
  • To Aru series is one of the best well-written light novels out there if you can ignore the ridiculous fanservice and occasional shitty trope. I love how much the author tries to expand its universe and have as many details and finer plot lines written out as possible to close up loose ends. The Accelerator series is garbage though.

Posted

Both Mayoiga and Ousama Game had a promising concept, but a failed execution. Mayoiga was based off a pretty cool urban legend in Japan, if I'm not wrong, but they just didn't know where to go and the plot and characters were all over the place. And Ousama Game... That one was bad.

Actually, if you compare Ousama Game with Another (they both have a similar premise of a class that has been cursed and students are dying), you can clearly see where it went wrong. Another has depth: characters have distinct personalities and moments of focus, so when they die, you feel for them; it's not just gore, it has psychological horror behind it, the fear of not being able to save those you care about, the anxiety of not knowing who's going to be next, people being pitted against each other by insidious rumours. Ousama Game lacks all of those elements, as it was basically gore wrapped in a badly written edgy plot. It doesn't work as a horror piece (at most, you could call it action), because it's simply not realistic enough. Horror doesn't work if you don't think of it as even remotely real.

And the "mythology" of Ousama Game? Bad. Just really fucking bad. It had more holes than swiss cheese.

Yeah i agree it. Both could have been big had they not shit the bed

I like both but Mayogia got so funny at the end it  got "so bad that its good"  funny

ANYTHING FATE RELATED JUST SHUTS MY FUCKING BRAIN OUT WHEN ITS RELATED TO SABER LOOK ALIKE WTH IS A NERO? WHY ARE THERE SO MANY VERSIONS OF SABER!! SABER IS A BORING CHARACTER !!! THE ONLY GOOD THING COMING FROM THE FATE SERIES IS LANCER/CU AND ARCHER

Saber the best class 

Speaking about the fate series

• FSN and FSN unlimited blade works are the best out of the fate series
  • wtf was apocrypha? I mean we got astro and Jeanne out of it but still wtf and that ending can kiss my ass
  • Fate as of late has some bullshit classes. I get Ruler because they gotta watch over the fucking war but wtf is with Savor?!
  • Last encore wasn't that bad i liked it 

Posted

Im sorry ik this is an unpopular thread and not anime discussion;-; ples dont shoot me

yes yes yes yes. You hit it right on the head. The King's Game lacked substance 100% and you didn't even know the people so how could you feel anything? They kept going from past to present when it should've just been the first season be the past and the 2nd season be the present. That's the only way the flash backs would have a powerful impact instead of the "Okay?? Why do I care about these people? I know they die so why are you prolonging it??". They didn't give you enough time to even learn the names tbh. Don't even get me started on the main edgy girl. She had no motive and no one had any reason to be afraid of her. It was legit 10 people against a girl so you guys.... listen to the one girl and let her smash rocks on your hands? That makes no sense. If she had like a weapon and you were all afraid (even though you could still overpower her but w/e) that would make a tiny bit of sense other than a petite girl calling the shots and everyone running with it. I saw where yall were trying to go but the execution was terrible. Someone clearly made this because they have a hard on for gore and they were like " HURR DURR ME LIKE GORE ME WANT IT ON BIG SCREEN". That shit makes me angry, and I finished it because i was praying it'll get better. It didn't. Each episode made less and less sense and each time they made me angrier. So a girl's father is some elite hacker who rapes her on a daily basis so I guess that means... she's also an elite hacker?? So because my father has this good skill that means I have it too? Don't get me started on her bursting into flames and calmly still telling her life story. I swear this is the last one. But jesus christ one of the objectives was to have sex? SO FUCK THE PERSON WTF?? If I had to fuck a stranger or I'd die, i'd drop my pants wtf why is this an issue lol. It didn't say you have to have an orgasm just get on top of the person for 2 secs what is the issue. UGH Fuck this anime lmfao.

Kimi no Na wa was pretty ok but no way is it as good as people say. (I really enjoyed it but the hype and praise was ridiculous).

Image result for deleted gif

Posted

I like the concept of Ousama game but I didn't like how it went, direction wise.

Like what @Sodapop said, if I had to have sex with a stranger, or in the case of the original manga where the two characters are friends, I'd have sex just to make sure I live.

Honestly, the anime was a poor extension of the manga, cause the flashbacks are based on the manga which was why I liked the series originally but the anime was a huge disappointment and that ending, ugh.

Posted (edited)

Mini mahou shoujo site rant

while i wont spoil the manga much why the fuck is the anime taking what happens in the later chapter and forcing it into the anime?

The fucking capturing of a site admin doesn't happen till around the 50th chapter wtf are they handfisting it into the anime

Also the site amin KILLS sarina and sarina HANDS OVER the stick why the fuck change that?!

but production Doa for this to be their first anime series (they only worked on the is the order a rabbit movie) they are doing a good job

Edited by Fairyduster

Posted (edited)

Don't even get me started on the main edgy girl. She had no motive and no one had any reason to be afraid of her. It was legit 10 people against a girl so you guys.... listen to the one girl and let her smash rocks on your hands? That makes no sense. If she had like a weapon and you were all afraid (even though you could still overpower her but w/e) that would make a tiny bit of sense other than a petite girl calling the shots and everyone running with it. I saw where yall were trying to go but the execution was terrible.

So a girl's father is some elite hacker who rapes her on a daily basis so I guess that means... she's also an elite hacker?? So because my father has this good skill that means I have it too? Don't get me started on her bursting into flames and calmly still telling her life story.

I don't think it's even an unpopular opinion on this thread (mainstream anime community is another story), but yeah, Ousama Game sucked as an anime and these are only some of the reasons why (can't account for the manga as I haven't read it). The writers are too far up their own asses to understand that what they're proposing doesn't make any sense. When it comes to Natsuko, the edgy girl, the whole class would have burned her at the stake way before the whole breaking hands with stones thing: she's a threat to the group, and anyone with minimal sense of discernment could see she represented more harm than good.

Natsuko feels like a cheap rip-off of Yuno Gasai, and the hacker girl like a rip-off of Rei Ayanami (even their designs are too similar to be a coincidence). Her death made no sense, as well as none of the lore they tried to include with the game being a sort of virus. And you know what? The anime reminds me of the game Yandere Simulator lmao: a story with great potential, but hindered by lazy writing that tries too hard to be edgy and blatant plagiarism.

Edited by saerosade

Posted

Um...I want to propose a topic for a new thread but...I searched...didn't see anything...and so this is an unpopular opinion because it's OT and I apologize. But. I enjoy this thread and it's fun! Maybe an active "general anime discussion" thread would be good too? I'm asking here first just because we're all having a lot of fun, and I really enjoy the opinions! 

I absolutely don't mean people are not positive here. Right here!

Also I am very shy and I just don't want to create a thread that would compete, because we don't need lots of extra threads...so I want to ask you, senpais, whether it would be fun. ~feeling like a very small koneko...I'm sorry for burdening you all. But your opinions matter most.

Posted

Um...I want to propose a topic for a new thread but...I searched...didn't see anything...and so this is an unpopular opinion because it's OT and I apologize. But. I enjoy this thread and it's fun! Maybe an active "general anime discussion" thread would be good too? I'm asking here first just because we're all having a lot of fun, and I really enjoy the opinions! 

I absolutely don't mean people are not positive here. Right here!

Also I am very shy and I just don't want to create a thread that would compete, because we don't need lots of extra threads...so I want to ask you, senpais, whether it would be fun. ~feeling like a very small koneko...I'm sorry for burdening you all. But your opinions matter most.

I gotchu https://prettyuglylittleliar.net/topic/10500-anime-discussion/

Posted

Naruto ending sucked, nobody about to change my mind, specially after Boruto's film where Naruto sucked ass again as a father. 

Posted

I really like Slice of Life high school anime filled with moe. It gives me ideas of what to do with friends when we hang out.

For example, anime such as Comic Girls and Yuru Camp have various scenarios where they get together and have a good time.