• Announcements

• Negative Reputation   08/03/19

We've heard you loud and clear - negative reputation is back. Remember that it's still against the rules to complain about being downvoted - if you think someone's mass-downvoting posts or otherwise abusing the reputation system, DM a mod and we will take care of it.

Unpopular Opinons (Anime Edition)

482 posts in this topic

Posted

I'm pretty sure in GT they were teenagers/young adults though? Unless you're talking about Super or the movies? 

Yup, Super. Bulla actually looks like she's grown up a little in the Broly movie but Trunks still looks like an eight year old. 

-My opinions-

-Todoroki is just boring. No wonder why fanon!Todoroki's only trait is asking people if they're (insert hero name)'s love child." Canon Todoroki is just boring. 

-The fandom ruined Shigaraki and twisted him into something he's not. The difference between fanon!Shigaraki and canon!Shigaraki are noticeable. 

-Also taking back an opinion I made months ago, but Amensia is the worst reverse harem I've ever seen. Compared to DL, Amnesia was so boring! The character designs are trash(wtf are those clothes) and the heroine makes Yui seem like a genius! At least Yui can speak in complete sentences and the vampires can actually dress normally. 

Posted

Some Neon Genesis Evangelion stuff, but mainly: 

Shinji has been an idiot through all anime. No matter the great writing and whatever other reason say about his actions. His way of acting through all the damn show as a crybaby who could have done something to save the day multiple times and instead just going all "i dont wanna" and crying, then to have stuff go down due to him not acting in time... Made me a bit mad more than once. But in end of evangelion, he just made me a tad bit more annoyed with how much of a limp pushover he was through the entire film... And the new movies are not really helping much in some areas either

Posted

new to this thread but i have a couple of unpopular opinions 

1. Horror Animes >>>> 

2. Most animes are all predictable nowadays and hold no real value.

3. Levi Ackerman > any anime man.

4. Dragon Ball Z is better than Naruto but Bleach is better than both of them

5. Fans of lolis, waifus (whatever you wanna call them) are usually extremely cringy and the reason people think the anime fandom is a mess 

Posted

I pretty much grew up in anime here although along with morning cartoons besides disney, CN and Nick-- Anime is a part of my childhood and even my dad named me after one retro anime mecha princess in 70's Robotech. Retro ones from 70s to 90's are the special ones i have place in my likings-- idk about the modern illustrated ones i rarely like them unless the plot and character development makes sense and is actually good. Im a tenure to when it comes to anime (even hentai, honestly) so i know where im coming from. Nowadays, anime really DO suck like theyre not even trying. Anime nowadays are too try hard, cliche and pretty annoying. Most of them focuses on the artwork and hyping about it too much that the whole storyline and plot gets almost to no attention or just something they just made up to extend the airing. Seriously. Ever heard of Violet Evergarden in Netflix? Those are one of the examples. i actually have a lot of r3d flags in anime i should point out but my point for now is anime consists of dramatic cliche that makes viewers grew attached to them so that could buy their liking into it. Unfortunately for me im observant and dont get my feelings and emotions prior to the judgement, which i usually do, looking at the big picture, Anime for me is dying and i kept looking back to the old series like Inuyasha or Saint seiya; even if the animation aint dope for some millenials the stroyline seems pretty damn amazing. Also im very happy to say Castlevania series was the only successful videogame-movie adaptation that conquered rotten tomatoes. One of the best games ive played and now into a series in Netflix. Videogame adaptated movie RARELY made it out by 60% tomato meter tho. Anyway i have more to say about this thread later

Posted

I kind of hate tsunderes?? 

I like my fair share of women in anime but tropes like Mikasa can get fucking annoying. Actually id say even some anime guys, the typical cold and mysterious person who doesn't give a shit. Yeah well whatever the fuck you say karen. 

70s-90s animes, in experience, have the most interesting storylines. Im not saying modern anime doesn't (im an early 20s kid) but those years were pretty consistent in releasing good content. 

Bnha is equally as good as mob 100 but then again who the fuck decided to compare 2 stories with different genres and different messages wtf??

I feel like i might get attacked for this lol: Himiko Toga is overrated and caters to the people who have a fetish for psycho school girls (sounds a lot like the kakegurui fanbase JOKE KIDDING AHHH IM DEAD)

Shinsou is overrated too, but he's okay all in all

^ most of the time im not in favor of fan favorites, (actually all the time) as you can see above lol. Back when i was into knb i didnt really like kuroko in the way that other people would (shipping him off to literally everyone) and Haru from Free!! As well like??? Bitch i dont even. Go spread your love to other characters who deserve it as well djrjrjktjt

Posted (edited)

@Gallicanae I hate tsunderes because anime writers are usually awful at character development, so if someone is a tsunderes that's ALL they are. They can't have conversations, hobbies, nothing! Because they're the stereotype and nothing else. Mikasa isn't likeable in any way at all. She's just a caricature at this point and I wish her and Eren would die tbh

Also with every new season of anime there's more and more garbage. Can we please change it up from isekai series. How long until you get sick of the same "he was an average guy, got sucked into a game and wow he's the most powerful character now" or, even worse "this dude is a loser, no one ever paid attention to him until out of nowhere the hottest girls in school started fighting over whose panties he's gonna sniff" ENOUGHH! Please I'm begging for some creativity. Please demand better entertainment from these studios. By all means enjoy your ecchi and isekai, but 8/10 series are basically the same thing but re-skinned. /despair

A lot of us are no longer in high school and don't care about HS shenanigans and it takes a lot more than a glimpse of pink panties for me to get turned on (which is why I just go for straight up hentai). There needs to be more series for young/older adults. 

Someone mentioned on CG anime so I'm gonna give my two cents on it too:

Anime that are produced with entirely 3D assets (characters, backgrounds, effects etc) doesn't deserve to be called as an "anime" tbh. It's laziness to the extreme, tho I will still acknowledge their hardwork if the story is presented well.

I think one of the reason why the industry decided to change into pure CG animes is mainly because animators do not want to work in the industry anymore due to them being underpaid and overstressed in work. But what they never understand is that anime are embraced way better when they are hand drawn, especially if it is a major series that has a huge fanbase.

Hidden Content

The reason CG is used in animation (not just anime, but a lot of western cartoons too) is because it's cheaper. As production costs go up and time for delivery of content goes down, studios have to resort to anything that'll make their life easier just to survive. Animating a car by hand for example, would take a looooot longer than animating a cg car.

I agree, it looks stupid. Some anime make the use of cg as blatant as possible which makes things look cheap. Other anime manage to integrate it really well with the 2D stuff (promised neverland for example). I wish animators didn't have to resort to this, but they have no choice :(

Edited by kiwi

Posted (edited)

I kind of hate tsunderes?? 

I like my fair share of women in anime but tropes like Mikasa can get fucking annoying. Actually id say even some anime guys, the typical cold and mysterious person who doesn't give a shit. Yeah well whatever the fuck you say karen. 

70s-90s animes, in experience, have the most interesting storylines. Im not saying modern anime doesn't (im an early 20s kid) but those years were pretty consistent in releasing good content. 

Bnha is equally as good as mob 100 but then again who the fuck decided to compare 2 stories with different genres and different messages wtf??

I feel like i might get attacked for this lol: Himiko Toga is overrated and caters to the people who have a fetish for psycho school girls (sounds a lot like the kakegurui fanbase JOKE KIDDING AHHH IM DEAD)

Shinsou is overrated too, but he's okay all in all

^ most of the time im not in favor of fan favorites, (actually all the time) as you can see above lol. Back when i was into knb i didnt really like kuroko in the way that other people would (shipping him off to literally everyone) and Haru from Free!! As well like??? Bitch i dont even. Go spread your love to other characters who deserve it as well djrjrjktjt

This tbh. Especially on the point about Mikasa.

I get so annoyed everytime reading/watching SnK mainly due to her tbfh. I didn't think a character would make me throw away an entire series altogether because of how stupid and poorly executed they are.

About Tsunderes, most of the Tsunderes we see in anime/manga are just too stereotypical and just comes off as just being plain bitches than moe. I don't hate the seiyuu, but Kugimiya Rie the Queen of Tsundere really adds fuel on fire on the topic of annoying tsundere bitches. Her other roles which aren't Tsunderes are really great though.

There ARE some Tsunderes who are really cute, but you don't really find them anywhere except from some of the niche genres.

One I can recommend would be Sanada Yukimura from the mobage Ikemen Sengoku. My OTP more than Oda effin' Nobunaga tbfh, I don't find anything attractive of men with that kind of character. Do-S is such an overslapped and misused tag on every otome game ever
Edited by Parasol Waddle Dee
grammer errur lulz, soz

Posted

I'm not really sure how popular/unpopular this one is but I kinda want Ouran High Host Club to be remade? Or at least some sort of contuation so we can have a proper ending, I know it's a pretty cringy anime and a lot of people dislike it but like its my guilty pleasure so whatever.

Attack On Titan looks so ugly! the art style is literally one of the reasons i've avoided watching it.

I prefer the 90s Sailor Moon English dub over the original Japanese. 

Posted

I'm not really sure how popular/unpopular this one is but I kinda want Ouran High Host Club to be remade? Or at least some sort of contuation so we can have a proper ending, I know it's a pretty cringy anime and a lot of people dislike it but like its my guilty pleasure so whatever.

Attack On Titan looks so ugly! the art style is literally one of the reasons i've avoided watching it.

I prefer the 90s Sailor Moon English dub over the original Japanese. 

New AOT or old AOT art style? It looks more polish in season 2+3 the first season is ruff around the edges

and yeah 90s dub of sailor moon had that charm to it.

Posted (edited)

New AOT or old AOT art style? It looks more polish in season 2+3 the first season is ruff around the edges

and yeah 90s dub of sailor moon had that charm to it.

LOL I didn't even know there was a difference. I think in general it doesn't look appealing to me. 

Edited by Sparklefist

Posted

About SAINT SEIYA:

- Shun is not gay;

- Shun's strongest technique is not "Ikkiiiiii";

- There is no way they would be 14 years old like I was told back then.

Posted (edited)

Sarazanmai is fucking trash.

First off its uncomfortable because it has little boys instead of teens or adult as MC so it make for a uncomfortable sit.

Second it Just reuses old ideas from Ikuhara old shows but with ass jokes.

I get wanting to deal with lgbtq issues but you undercut your message when you are defeating the villain by pulling something out his ass.

Edited by Fairyduster

Posted

Kare Kano's manga is way better than the anime. I know the mangaka herself hated it but Anno fanboys really enjoy it. I myself don't care for the anime but love the manga. That's why I'm hoping it gets a remake.

Posted (edited)

``

Edited by touru
``

Posted (edited)

[...]

honestly I'm not even sure I want to watch AoT after the time skip

Edited by Rocking Horse Fly