• Announcements

• Be a moderator! & Reports Announcement   03/07/19

We're aware that PULL needs more moderation and attention, so we're actively looking to expand our mod crew! If you're a regular user and intend to stay this way, then rest assured that we're working on improving PULL for you. In order to do this, we rely on user reports, so I'd like to take this opportunity to ask everyone to report posts you think break a rule, disrupt discussion or shouldn't be allowed.  There is absolutely no concern over getting too many reports - we get a handful of reports per week. More reports would be great because it helps us figure out how our users want the forum to be - leaving criticism in threads doesn't make it easy for mods to find your opinions. Furthermore, don't worry about being a "snitch" or too harsh - a report doesn't mean action will be taken, that's up to the mods. A report really only tells us to look at the comment and to gauge the community atmosphere. Often times, peer pressure or established community atmosphere will dictate the direction a thread takes, and criticizing certain posts can be uncomfortable or downright futile when the majority disagrees with your view. This leads to groupthink and degradation of thread quality because the loudest/most active users get their way. So reporting is a way to quickly and anonymously (to other users) give feedback to the moderators. If we don't get this feedback, we think everyone's happy and there's no need for change. So use this feature as much as you'd like to help shape PULL into a more constructive community again. If you'd like to be a moderator: Click here for the application form.  

Unpopular Opinons (Anime Edition)

380 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Every long running shonen is always going to decline in quality after peaking at one point, usually after a time skip: Naruto, Bleach, Fairy Tail (was always mediocre), One Piece, Dragonball, Hunter X Hunter (90% hiatus now), BnHA (Is already declining lol), Yu Yu Hakusho (final arcs were rushed), Gash Bell (same), The Promised Neverland (First arc was its absolute peak, now it's meh) and probably some other examples.

Edited by Gogeta

Posted (edited)

Vincent from the Cowboy Bebop Movie is more interesting than Vicious from the series tbh

also he's got a better design than Vicious to boot

edit: kakegurui has great character designs but i'm really not a fan of the anime or the characters itself bar the ridiculous absurdism of everyone fucking being horny all the time. e.g... midari's design is great and waifu material (you dont see a lot of anime girls with piercings) even if she creeps me the fuck out.

Edited by lowblow

Posted

• PMMM is my favourite anime of all time but for some reason people only ever think it's pure art or pure trash when it is neither... 
  • Bleach as a whole sucks and ran out of steam after a very strong start.
  • I don't know why but I just cannot get into BNHA. It's not awful but... I just can't get into it... :alpacadone:

Posted

• PMMM is my favourite anime of all time but for some reason people only ever think it's pure art or pure trash when it is neither... 
  • Bleach as a whole sucks and ran out of steam after a very strong start.
  • I don't know why but I just cannot get into BNHA. It's not awful but... I just can't get into it... :alpacadone:

Oh thank god I am not the only one who can't get into BNHA. I don't hate it, I just couldn't get into it and dropped it a couple of episodes in first season. I mean I admit i have do have specific animes I like. I'm more fantasy and slice of life. But I try to give animes a chance but BNHA I just couldn't get into. 

Posted

Don't worry people, BnHA is not what it is hyped up to be. It's the combination of battle shonen + cape stuff that attracts people but it's not really interesting beyond that.

Posted

I forgot about this but if you guys wanna go in dept about certain animes its a thread about it here

Posted

This looks perfect. I wanted to get into detail about BNHA and I'm glad I'm not alone in my thoughts on it! Thank yoooou. :alpacacrush:

Posted

It seems like more of an unpopular opinion to actually like bnha in this thread. 

Posted

Yuri is just as bad as yaoi.

Posted

It seems like more of an unpopular opinion to actually like bnha in this thread. 

Lol, that seems to be the case coincidentally 

Posted

This looks perfect. I wanted to get into detail about BNHA and I'm glad I'm not alone in my thoughts on it! Thank yoooou. :alpacacrush:

No problem:alpacacrush:

Posted

I'm a few episodes into BNHA and I'm honestly struggling to see the appeal? Idk the plot seems kinda cheesy and boring. Does it get more interesting over time? 

just finished watching the first season and it's...okay. I'll definitely continue but if it doesn't become super interesting in the next season then I won't continue watching all the way up until season 3

Posted

Yuri is just as bad as yaoi.

Thisssss.

it fetishizes lesbian relationships as much as yaoi fetishizes gay relationships.

Posted

As a Mikayuu shipper and someone who is neutral towards Yuunoa, I wish they explored Yuu's and Mitsuba's relationship a bit more. It seemed like she had feelings for him and it would be nice to get more moments of them. 

It's weird that all the female members of Guren's squad have a crush on him. I get one, but all three? Seriously? 

Posted (edited)

I am honestly not just into youthful looking pretty boys anymore.

I now like a lot of older male characters, biseinen or more masculine, and some manly anime characters, even if I still do like bishounen (aaaand I just started reading oyaji manga again because I want to see more adult love between women in their twenties and older dudes help me)

i think it has a lot to do with me maturing and changing, I've been watching anime since I was quite young, so it makes sense that i would change overtime

still some people find it jarring that my tastes have changed in terms of characters whose designs I like but I've never really been into ridiculously girly looking dudes for the most part, as in dudes who look like traps or look way too young. I was into a male teacher character when I was like 15, I think that's when this started 

I also really like teacher student romance if it's done right, but I do agree that it's highly exploitative and often results in a broken power dynamic, which is why I view it as more of a fantasy situation and less of something grounded in realism.

I think that age gap relationships can also be cute, as aforementioned but I obviously prefer that they be legal and rooted more in  consensual sensuality and or romantic buildup.

Edited by lowblow