• Announcements

• Site Maintenance   05/14/19

Hi all, We're currently working on anti-spam measures, you might see some outages. Please don't panic! We should be back to normal by tomorrow. 

Unpopular Opinons (Anime Edition)

423 posts in this topic

Posted

The Zack and Ray ship is pedophilia. She's 13 and he's 20. Say what you will, but I know damn well if you saw a 20 year old man and a 13 year old girl acting like a couple then you would be disgusted. 

Posted

Puella Magi is that anime that is extremely good at concepts, premise, franchising and delivering raw emotions, but when you take a closer look at it, a lot of things the characters did make no sense or done for plot purpose. You can even say almost everyone in PMMM is a plot device for Homura's character development and I find it a real pity because I know Gen could have done better. Mami and Kyouko especially deserved better.

Posted

Uhm...I like the Aikatsu series. Even though it gets ragged on a lot by people. In fact. I like idol series both male and female versions. Kind of wish there was a coed one. Would be cool! Anyway. I am going now that I embarrassed myself :D 

Posted (edited)

-Digimon is better than pokemon. Concept, story and character wise it is way more entertaining to me. 

-Pokemon is overrated as heck.

-Really sick of a lot of fanbases saying "such and such ship isnt pedophilia bc its not real, its a drawing". Like no...artwork showing a grown adult involved with a child is still fucking pedophilia. 

-Harem and reverse harem anime are just...blah. it'd be cute if they didn't follow the same troupes every single time.

-sword art online is the most boring anime i ever tried getting into.

-Air, kanon and little busters are way better than clannad.

-The naruto series is shit. Kakashi is overhyped, same with itachi. Sakura literally had no likeable traits as a heroine and naruto was a shitty self insert of kishimoto.

-The devilman series as a whole is good but underrated. But seeing people stuck on crybaby and focusing on trivial things (ryo/satan being intersex, meiko telling miki she loves her etc) instead of the main story...I'll be happy to see it remain underrated.

-attack on titan isn't that great.

Edited by Van ghostly

Posted

-Digimon is better than pokemon. Concept, story and character wise it is way more entertaining to me. 

-Pokemon is overrated as heck.

-Really sick of a lot of fanbases saying "such and such ship isnt pedophilia bc its not real, its a drawing". Like no...artwork showing a grown adult involved with a child is still fucking pedophilia. 

-Harem and reverse harem anime are just...blah. it'd be cute if they didn't follow the same troupes every single time.

-sword art online is the most boring anime i ever tried getting into.

-Air, kanon and little busters are way better than clannad.

-The naruto series is shit. Kakashi is overhyped, same with itachi. Sakura literally had no likeable traits as a heroine and naruto was a shitty self insert of kishimoto.

-The devilman series as a whole is good but underrated. But seeing people stuck on crybaby and focusing on trivial things (ryo/satan being intersex, meiko telling miki she loves her etc) instead of the main story...I'll be happy to see it remain underrated.

-attack on titan isn't that great.

A lot of these aren't unpopular opinions.

Posted

A lot of these aren't unpopular opinions.

in some anime forums/groups i had people argue with me over some (mainly the pedophilia part bc i said it about a yaoi ship involving a 15 year old snd a 20 something year old) :alpacaheadshake:

Posted

i wish this chinese bl novel craze would blow over already because i'm tired of my twitter tl being flooded with pictures of thousands of boys who look exactly the same every single day. and i don't mean that in the racist "all asians look the same" way, but they literally have identical character designs to the point that people draw charts on how to recognize whether a drawing shows character x or character y based on tiny details like an ahoge or the length of the sleeves or some accessory one guy wears and the other doesn't.

i try to mute all the names and titles and abbreviations, but i swear to god, people seem to pull new characters out of their ass every day. my mute list is just hundreds of chinese names and abbreviations like lxl or mdzs or whatever these days. make it stooooop.

Posted

Hinata and Naruto are not a cute couple. Hinata is just as bad as Sakura when it comes to romance.

Posted

Shinsekai Yori had a promising beginning but then it turned to horsesh*t...

Spoiler

Since most of the tragedy in Shinsekai Yori was based around Saki to essentially groom her for her future role as Tomoko's succesor, I wanted the end to be tragic, but not with Saki and Satoru expecting a child, Squealer/Yakomaru to die, or Akki (Maria and Mamoru's child) to come to an end like that. First of all, Saki never realizes Squealer to be her equal or of the same race which pisses me off, especially since she learned about the genetic modifications they did to the Monster Rats just to keep up apperances.  She feels disgusted by him and kill him, mbut doesn't get affected by the Death Feedback, meaning she still doesn't recognize Squealer as a human even after learning about what they. (Also when revealing what happened to the Monster Rats and exposing the fact that they're human, they should have put the two clips of Saki and Satoru finding out simultaneously with Squealer at the trial, it would have been more dramatic.) But anyways... I wanted the end to go one of a few ways....

1) Since all the events here were centered around Saki to groom her for Tomko's succession, it could be argued that the events around her were fabricated to make her more fitting for her role. Since this is the case, I wanted her to dismantle the oppressive systen man~~ but all jokes aside, I wanted her to get revenge for her friends. I wanted her to go absolutely ballistic and destroy the village that stays silent in the wake of all the corruption around them. I wanted her to ruin everything in revenge for a tragic ending, and even possibly turn into a Karma Demon.

2) Same as above, but instead of turning into a Karma Demon, she could simply have died after succumbing to her Death Feedback.

3) For this, since she also had an older sister who was killed, I wanted Saki to sacrifice herself (meaning there is no succesor) and somehow alter the course of the village's history so that Reiko Amano (the other girl in Group 5 who was killed off) and the other main 4 would still be alive, along with Saki's older sister, but the village would be in a different mindset with no one to takeover, but also possibly the story could hint at repeating itself with another character in the village.

4) I actually wanted the Monster Rats to take over and start to rebuild themselves because I feel no hope for that village. They knew how they modified the Monster Rats, but continued to do so and even enslaved them/ belittled them. I thought a good ending would have been for the village to be killed by Akki so the Monster Rats could finally live as what they are, Humans. (Especially since at this point, Saki was not a salvagable character at this point)

Point being, I didn't want a happy ending for the village or Saki, I thought that fans were being blinded by the visuals and the fact that it wasn't like everything else.  I wanted it to be tragic but I guess it's just me, everyone around me dogged me out for this opinion lol

Posted

1. Hetalia anime is not worse than the manga

The anime improved lots of jokes but the first seasons had a trashy animation (fuck the whitewashing blacks shit) but Himaruya trashed his work, making the jokes less funny, adding innecesary drama (victimisation is bad) but...

I wish he would write Aph china better, RL China as a country is the most complex one.

btw, Aph Persia, Aph Rome and  Aph Germania (aka the ancient males) are way hotter than the generic anime boy “new countries” 

Himaruya made a good design on them, they are manly looking, funny and not pretentious angsty “soft Bois” anyone who prefers Ancient over the new ones... You have good taste. 

AND The way he wrote Aph China is just... making him love Japan and being brainless, sad because as I said, Chinese history is GREAT. Aph China felt like a fanservice character (he is pretty but Himaruya WASTED a potential character, a beautiful man with manly muscles and personality, plus being evil? YES) which it leads to next point. 

2. I love chinese characters but...

Chinese are very common in anime, which is fine, but they are... kinda written in a fetish way, specially the traditional attires (Qipao, Hanfu and Changshan)

They mostly adore the Japanese characters, men are beautiful and the women cute, cutesy or extremely sensual, but... Below the Japanese characters... And plain personalities. 

3. Banana fish is good and the best written character is Yut Lung.

Ash is way too powerful, the ending was good because ((spoilers))

I kinda wished they would kill him (I love him but tbh him being nearly immortal is annoying)

On the other hand Yut’s actions and consequences felt more human, he is one of the best villains.

3. The ViewFinder manga is good, enjoyable, and the characters are funny, it is a yaoi but it works (Asami, Akihito and Fei are good husbando materials xd) it isn’t a guilty pressure.

4. Mo Dao Zu Shi is good and the best Asian Cartoon of this year, and Wei Wuxian is funny but Jiang Cheng is best husbando. Jiang YanLi is pretty af, how the fuck is she mediocre??? (The cartoon is Chinese)

5. I am ok with Germany being in anime, but Japanese have a strange fetish with them...(Monster is an example of GOOD Germany representation) 

6. Devilman OVA + Amon >>>>>Crybaby

Devilman Crybaby is bad, I hate the fandom.

Devilman is not about lesbians, intersexual Ryo and gay panic. The new version Ryo is boring and so tumblrIsh, gonna miss the dumb badass Ryo. 

Posted

- I don't really like Bnha, its so plain, and it might just be me but I don't really fancy the way Uraraka's eyes are drawn.

Posted

- the "dumb out-of-touch foreigner with blond hair and blue eyes!!" trope is overused and annoying.

- the majority of games that receive anime adaptions have terrible plot lines and are just a cash grabs

- can anime please stop giving children annoyingly high-pitched voices? not all children have extremely high-pitched voices.

- masaki yuasa should be a more prominent name in the anime industry. 

- kyoani is talented, but they really need to take a break from slice of life shows and they should start making more action and drama anime with their talented staff. (beyond the boundary has some really well-animated fight scenes and they have already shown their massive talent in the fight scenes in violet evergarden. liz and the blue bird can really demonstrate how they can use visuals and music to create more serious and dramatic anime)

- i think it’s cool to see anime adaptations that use a different art style than the art style from the original source. 

- in harem/romance anime, i hate it when one of the love interests is related to the main character. especially when they try to justify it by saying "but that character is the mc’s half-cousin so it’s fine!!" it’s still grosses me out. 

- the "she looks like she’s 6 years old but she’s actually 5000 years old!" trope is annoying and i hate it when people try to justify their sexual attraction to a character by saying that the character is several years old. it doesn’t justify the fact that you’re attracted to the character because of the fact that they look like a child. it just makes you a pedophile. 

Posted

Deku x Uraraka is the most stale ship I've come across. 

Todomomo is cuter than Tododeku. Never had much of an interest in Tododeku. 

Hate when Kiribaku fans act like Kirishima is the only person that cares about Bakugo. Deku? All Might? Aizawa? His parents? These people ring a bell to you? 

Posted

Gundam Seed was the worse of the Gundam series. 

Posted

Series like Mushishi and Natsume Yuujinchou are amazing, story-driven anime that are full of emotion but they're so freaking     S  L  O  W    that it loses my attention half the time I'm trying to watch it.